Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games are most relevant to our times?

Honestly, given the state of everything, I would say that any horror game and any drama game would be a good fit. Especially if any of those games deal directly with disease outbreaks and people trying to survive through it. Games like Outlast would be a good fit for the horror game. And for the drama, I think Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice would be a good fit. They just relate to where the world is in ways that gamers typically wouldn't pick up on unless they stopped to think about it.

I probably have change coming back, but anyway, that's my 2 cents.

I want games to not remind me of the modern world.  I don't want to see Mike and Stu driving a Hyundai Santa Fe.  I want to see them in a '75 Blazer monster truck.  I play NBA Live '03 to imagine what could have been for the great Paul Pierce, if he had stronger teammates in the early 2000's.  And when I play Tony Hawk games, I usually go to Boston to see the classic architecture I would see on field trips as a kid.  Video games can be great to reminisce with really.

11 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I want games to not remind me of the modern world.  I don't want to see Mike and Stu driving a Hyundai Santa Fe.  I want to see them in a '75 Blazer monster truck.  I play NBA Live '03 to imagine what could have been for the great Paul Pierce, if he had stronger teammates in the early 2000's.  And when I play Tony Hawk games, I usually go to Boston to see the classic architecture I would see on field trips as a kid.  Video games can be great to reminisce with really.

The games I play never really encountered reality. I can't think of a single one on NES, SNES, or N64 that ever encountered reality with the exception of sports games and sims games. Just as a note, to me a sports game includes any form of car driving/racing game.

Games based off TV and movies (Bond 007, Jeopardy, etc.) don't count.

But to get back to my original point, I would have to try hard as hell, and do a lot of searching to find myself one game that even remotely seemed to relate to the human world or modern world in any way from any of those 3 systems. It would be fun, and interesting to do, but I know there are none in my library, with the exception of snowboarding games.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 8/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd say GTA V with how corrupt the cops are, how aggressive and the glaring lack of empathy from the citizens and basically, just a lawless state where money is the only thing that matters.

Agreed - basically this is how most of the world society is ran today. Everything is all about the money, taking from who and giving to who. The powerful getting stronger at the expense of the weak ones.