Register Now
killamch89

Frostbite Was So Disastrous For Bioware & EA That Mass Effect 5 May Use Unreal Engine 5 Instead

I mean Mass Effect 3 was pretty awesome on the UE3 so the safest bet is to use Unreal Engine 5. We've seen what Frostbite did for Anthem and many other disastrous EA titles over the years. I just wish they'd abandon Frostbite altogether but this is a big first step. What are your thoughts on this?

Gamers have been screaming this fact into Bioware's face for many years, its terrible how it took so long for them to finally get it... While it's true most gamers don't know about the technical side of things they do know about the end product, they get a feel for the engine once they start playing the game and the last two BioWare games have felt very bad...

13 hours ago, Empire said:

Gamers have been screaming this fact into Bioware's face for many years, its terrible how it took so long for them to finally get it... While it's true most gamers don't know about the technical side of things they do know about the end product, they get a feel for the engine once they start playing the game and the last two BioWare games have felt very bad...

The decision wasn't up to Bioware at this point because EA has been trying to push Frostbite into all its other games from other studios as well. It's because Frostbite has failed them miserably why EA is more open to going back to Unreal Engine platform.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The decision wasn't up to Bioware at this point because EA has been trying to push Frostbite into all its other games from other studios as well. It's because Frostbite has failed them miserably why EA is more open to going back to Unreal Engine platform.

EA will always act like EA by looking out only for themselves and it's why I'm not really surprised with their actions so far about this. 

On 9/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, Heatman said:

Maybe they are seeing it as working past what the future would be like but in most cases, it seems like a big hit and miss for them with the game engines. 

Its the most powerful engine to use in the market right now next to this must be cryengine or maybe the one from serious sam team. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:57 PM, Heatman said:

EA will always act like EA by looking out only for themselves and it's why I'm not really surprised with their actions so far about this. 

I fully expect them to start abandoning it in the next few years as it has been deemed a failure.

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - if they set themselves up to fail, there is no way you would expect them to succeed with poor decision. 

In the first place, Frostbite was never properly developed. Someone did an article about it years ago so EA should've seen the writing on the wall.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

In the first place, Frostbite was never properly developed. Someone did an article about it years ago so EA should've seen the writing on the wall.

They probably felt its something that they can manipulate and take advantage of it. It's always been their pattern for a while now.