Register Now
PGen98

How Big Is Your Backlog?

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm actually still surprised that CDs are still being produced till today. I have seen 40ft container being offloaded and it's all CDs that's filled it up. 

Over here in Singapore, it's been used to a very considerable extent, although it's not as it used to be in the past. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It will definitely take a while to get these CDs off the market and off users asking for them or wanting more games on it. 

Yeah it's something that's not going to be rushed that fast. Give it at least 10 to 20 years more and it's definitely going to off the market. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah it's something that's not going to be rushed that fast. Give it at least 10 to 20 years more and it's definitely going to off the market. 

Yeah, I also do believe that with the timeframe of 10 to 20 years that CDs would be completely off the market by then. 

On 12/14/2021 at 6:55 PM, Boblee said:

The world is evolving very fast and you can't expect CDs to still be invoke for a long time with how technology have advanced. 

Technologies have taken over, we aren't in the ancient world, where CDs were trending. Now, is the time for digital version of video games, and I've adjusted to that also. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Technologies have taken over, we aren't in the ancient world, where CDs were trending. Now, is the time for digital version of video games, and I've adjusted to that also. 

Yeah, it's something that's inevitable in the world today. Once technically the use of technology gets more intense, eventually everything is going to change. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's what technology was meant to do by making our life a little easier and more fun to live. These CDs have been here for ages. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's what technology was meant to do by making our life a little easier and more fun to live. These CDs have been here for ages. 

I know the CDs can't go off easily, it will definitely take time for it to go off. Because lots of gamers simply love the CDs than the soft copy games. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know the CDs can't go off easily, it will definitely take time for it to go off. Because lots of gamers simply love the CDs than the soft copy games. 

The CDs have been around for a very long time and it's why a lot of users value it very much especially those that knows how to take good care of it and put it in good playing condition.

36 minutes ago, Boblee said:

The CDs have been around for a very long time and it's why a lot of users value it very much especially those that knows how to take good care of it and put it in good playing condition.

Exactly, there are lot of people that are still making use of it. Even those that are into its business are making a lot of money as well. 

On 12/17/2021 at 12:34 PM, Heatman said:
13 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's been around for a very long time now, even up to now I still cherish the CDs. I love playing the CD games because I can simply remove and exchange to another game instantly. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Change is the only thing that's very much constant in the world and it's why the gaming industry is adjusting to phasing off the use of CDs. 

Personally, I don't really have any problems with the existence of games on CDs but I have already moved on a very long time ago. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Change is the only thing that's very much constant in the world and it's why the gaming industry is adjusting to phasing off the use of CDs. 

I understand, their is no time where change doesn't come in, it is ever present. When their is no change, humans must surely lament about it, because changes should be expected.