Register Now
PGen98

How Big Is Your Backlog?

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

You can always do your CDs inventory and know exactly what numbers of games that you have already and the ones you are yet to complete. 

Yeah, I've concluded with the total number of CDs I have for my PS4 console. And the total number of sift copies too. The total is 76 games at the moment. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's necessary to run down the calculations and know exactly the number of games you have via soft copies and number of games via hard copies, to be used as references. 

It is actually very good to always have a catalogue of your video games when you are purchasing them because it is the best way for you to know exactly the games that you have.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

It is actually very good to always have a catalogue of your video games when you are purchasing them because it is the best way for you to know exactly the games that you have.

I was actually about to saying this because it is going to make it very easy for you to keep a record of all the games that you already purchased on CDs.

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it's advisable as a gamer to know the total number of games via his or her catalog in order to share with friends, and keep the discussion flowing. 

16 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it's advisable as a gamer to know the total number of games via his or her catalog in order to share with friends, and keep the discussion flowing. 

It's not really advisable in my opinion necessarily as it's already your games and you own them. It's always to buy a game twice without knowing especially the soft copies. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not really advisable in my opinion necessarily as it's already your games and you own them. It's always to buy a game twice without knowing especially the soft copies. 

If you have a soft copy, and a hard copy you'll count them as a different game, which is two. So, you can simply combine them and it will bring a high number of games overall. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

To me when I have both the physical version and the digital version, I simply combine them and bring up the total number of games at my backlog. They are all playable on my gaming device, so, that's my total number of games. 

That's actually what all gamers do today. No gamer plays only the hard copies of games anymore and vice versa.. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's actually what all gamers do today. No gamer plays only the hard copies of games anymore and vice versa.. 

These companies aren't even putting much emphasis on making games on CDs lately. If the can scrap it very easily, they will do it immediately. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, the days are shifting away from the hard copies of video games, it's going fully into soft copies. But to me, hard copies are economical because you can flip them off anytime or exchange it too. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, the days are shifting away from the hard copies of video games, it's going fully into soft copies. But to me, hard copies are economical because you can flip them off anytime or exchange it too. 

We hardly see old school gamers today because of the way the gaming industry have evolved over the years and it's why they are trying to move away from CDs. 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:29 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I'm very sure that in the future, let's say in the next 20 years time, we won't see any hard copies of video games anymore. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm very sure that in the future, let's say in the next 20 years time, we won't see any hard copies of video games anymore. 

This is something that I very much agree with completely because even if you check out what's going on right now a lot of people and no longer into making use of CDs.

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Very soon, the CDs will be made past tense just as DVD and VCD plates of movies have faded out due to introduction of software copies and the like of Netflix being around. 

The world is evolving very fast and you can't expect CDs to still be invoke for a long time with how technology have advanced.