Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Thought as much - I went to Dubai once and it was hot as hell.

Haha, it's pure hell out there with how hot their weather is. My friend used to say that there was a direct door to hell fire in Dubai which is never closed 😂

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

What's your take on the new law Making abortion illegal in the United States?

Abortion in cases of rape/ sexual assault should be made legal. However, voluntarily aborting kids because you couldn't control yourself when there are so many birth control methods around is a whole different story. 

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Abortion in cases of rape/ sexual assault should be made legal. However, voluntarily aborting kids because you couldn't control yourself when there are so many birth control methods around is a whole different story. 

Well, I feel every human being should have a chance at life be it a full grown adult or just a developing foetus. If the circumstances surrounding the conceiving of the child isn't intentional maybe a rape case then I think the law should take more responsibility of the child, so Instead of aborting the mother should be encouraged by giving her more privileges under law to ensure the child is brought into this world with every possible care and health amenities that could be provided and the government takes proper responsibility of the child as they grow until a certain age.

Just now, Clasher said:

Well, I feel every human being should have a chance at life be it a full grown adult or just a developing foetus. If the circumstances surrounding the conceiving of the child isn't intentional maybe a rape case then I think the law should take more responsibility of the child, so Instead of aborting the mother should be encouraged by giving her more privileges under law to ensure the child is brought into this world with every possible care and health amenities that could be provided and the government takes proper responsibility of the child as they grow until a certain age.

You do have a point - they could still go through with it and then put the child up for adoption. I'm kind of looking at it from the perspective that if the kid grows up and finds out that they were brought about by rape/sexual assault, the kid could harbor feelings of guilt throughout their entire lives and might very well try to end themselves. I'm looking on the long-term effects mentally on both the mother that was raped and the kid who's brought about by that incident.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You do have a point - they could still go through with it and then put the child up for adoption. I'm kind of looking at it from the perspective that if the kid grows up and finds out that they were brought about by rape/sexual assault, the kid could harbor feelings of guilt throughout their entire lives and might very well try to end themselves. I'm looking on the long-term effects mentally on both the mother that was raped and the kid who's brought about by that incident.

I know a few people who are currently  around my age or older and knows that their moms conceived them outside wedlock and their dads refused to take responsibility and a friend of mine whose mom was raped and conceived him when she was just 16 and this guy always jokes about it like it's nothing, finished college, started his own business and living his best life. How you were born doesn't in any way determine the outcome of your life.

Just now, Clasher said:

I know a few people who are currently  around my age or older and knows that their moms conceived them outside wedlock and their dads refused to take responsibility and a friend of mine whose mom was raped and conceived him when she was just 16 and this guy always jokes about it like it's nothing, finished college, started his own business and living his best life. How you were born doesn't in any way determine the outcome of your life.

Well, you are spot on there but there are others who don't perceive it as such and unfortunately, there aren't ready-made systems to help these people.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Well, you are spot on there but there are others who don't perceive it as such and unfortunately, there aren't ready-made systems to help these people.

It depends on your mindset, because there are still a lot of people born into a well functioning family with both parents alive and taking full responsibility of them but still took their lives through suicide or are currently living with depression, what do you have to do about that, is the society at fault or are they that way because they didn't have a family to raise them?

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

It depends on your mindset, because there are still a lot of people born into a well functioning family with both parents alive and taking full responsibility of them but still took their lives through suicide or are currently living with depression, what do you have to do about that, is the society at fault or are they that way because they didn't have a family to raise them?

That's true - I mean, I myself grew up with my parents arguing everyday and didn't have many good influences around me but I still turned into a decent citizen. I could've gone down the same path as many other people that were in my life at the time and turn to a life of crime but I always said it was stupid because most of them ended up dead/ missing/ in prison both local and in US prisons.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's true - I mean, I myself grew up with my parents arguing everyday and didn't have many good influences around me but I still turned into a decent citizen. I could've gone down the same path as many other people that were in my life at the time and turn to a life of crime but I always said it was stupid because most of them ended up dead/ missing/ in prison both local and in US prisons.

Well, glad you have your life story to prove that you can still decide to live a good life and be free of depression or whatever even without a good family background. Abortion still isn't justifiable but the law should be made not just to criticize those who want it but to give them a better way out by creating a working system where people have good access to quality education, good social amenities and health center disregarding class or race.