Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

53 minutes ago, DC said:

How is everyone doing today?

I got derenched by the rain two days ago and since then, I've been battling with catarrh. I'm already on drugs, so I should be fine in a few days. 

18 hours ago, DC said:

How is everyone doing today?

After what happened last night, I'm not leaving the house for the next 2 days. PTSD is a bitch, but it hits harder for a lot of us around the 4th. There was a loud hard boom from fireworks last night, that sent me into a flashback from when I was in the military. From what @Rain Dew told me, I was on the ground with my .45 in my hand. She had to address me by my last name as if she was my CO. All I remember is pulling up in the driveway, and then I'm in the bedroom.

If I could go back 22 years, I would tell myself not to enlist. But if I couldn't stop the enlistment, I would at least do what I could to get me to choose a branch other than the Marines.

Flash backs are necessary, I just hope not to think about my lows in the past or nightmares, I don't want to wipe to avoid contracting PTSD. Life is too short to think, I just take it down while it lasts for me. 

Unfortunately the neighborhood we moved to and are currently living in people around us and that neighborhood Love to shoot off fireworks Every night once the stands open up. Even now I still hear fireworks. It will last till everyone has shot off all they have. It’s so annoying. I don’t mind people shooting fireworks off on the 4th, I did, but not all month! 

12 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

Unfortunately the neighborhood we moved to and are currently living in people around us and that neighborhood Love to shoot off fireworks Every night once the stands open up. Even now I still hear fireworks. It will last till everyone has shot off all they have. It’s so annoying. I don’t mind people shooting fireworks off on the 4th, I did, but not all month! 

Not to mention that the neighborhood we live in is somewhat snobby.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:52 AM, Nebulous said:

Hey peeps!  Hows it going? Happy Sunday! 🙂

It's been raining for 3 days down here. Some parts here have already been flooded. A car was washed into the canal today. It's been very crazy with the rain. I hope it stops soon because it's getting out of hands. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's been raining for 3 days down here. Some parts here have already been flooded. A car was washed into the canal today. It's been very crazy with the rain. I hope it stops soon because it's getting out of hands. 

I wish we could have some rain where I am! 

Edited by Nebulous

1 hour ago, Nebulous said:

I wish we could have some rain where I am! 

A moderate rain fall is good, let's say for 2-3 hours shouldn't cause any flooding depending on how heavy the rain was. But nothing something like 3 straight long days, that's too much. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's been raining here too, but not too much to cause a flood, I don't know about other areas of my region but the rain only makes it difficult to go out but it's makes staying indoors even more cooler and fun.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's been raining here too, but not too much to cause a flood, I don't know about other areas of my region but the rain only makes it difficult to go out but it's makes staying indoors even more cooler and fun.

It's been a horrible few days for some people living around here. Below is a video my friend who's living in Lekki Island sent me last night and that's the road where he's living that got flooded. You can practically swim the water.