Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

11 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's been a horrible few days for some people living around here. Below is a video my friend who's living in Lekki Island sent me last night and that's the road where he's living that got flooded. You can practically swim the water. 

This is devasting, how would the resident commute and go around their daily activities when the roads are flooded. I think a lot of economic activities around that region would be on hold for some Time.

17 minutes ago, Clasher said:

This is devasting, how would the resident commute and go around their daily activities when the roads are flooded. I think a lot of economic activities around that region would be on hold for some Time.

It's been a horrible experience for people that are living in that location because it's going to be very difficult to do anything. It's even those that are working I'm having much pity on because I can't imagine how they are going to be able to go to their various offices. 

55 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's been a horrible experience for people that are living in that location because it's going to be very difficult to do anything. It's even those that are working I'm having much pity on because I can't imagine how they are going to be able to go to their various offices. 

I can only imagine, I have never experienced flooding though I live in a region with high rainful starting from late April or May down to December in most extreme cases only gives breaks for a month or two maybe.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I can only imagine, I have never experienced flooding though I live in a region with high rainful starting from late April or May down to December in most extreme cases only gives breaks for a month or two maybe.

The constant raining almost messed up the Salah celebrations for Muslims here but it's kind of dailed down a bit. Although, the funny thing is that there's been a lot silly videos online on some drama people had with trying to kill their rams and cow for the celebration. Let me see if I can get some of the videos. You're going to laugh yourself out. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The constant raining almost messed up the Salah celebrations for Muslims

I know how that feels, if you already had plans to go out and celebrate and rain just keeps falling all day.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Although, the funny thing is that there's been a lot silly videos online on some drama people had with trying to kill their rams and cow for the celebration. Let me see if I can get some of the videos. You're going to laugh yourself out.

You can send them ,  having a good laugh wouldn't be a bad idea either. Lol

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know how that feels, if you already had plans to go out and celebrate and rain just keeps falling all day.

You can send them ,  having a good laugh wouldn't be a bad idea either. Lol

So, I was able to find only one of them but I'm still going to keep looking for the other ones. 

Tell me how that ram 🐏 got to that roof 🤯!!! 

The cops raided our block today with information about some guys doing drugs. Luckily for me I wasn't around otherwise I would have been arrested alongside all the guys in the our block apartment. Every guy from 20 years up was arrested. It was a crazy day down here. 

On 7/12/2022 at 5:24 PM, Heatman said:

The cops raided our block today with information about some guys doing drugs. Luckily for me I wasn't around otherwise I would have been arrested alongside all the guys in the our block apartment. Every guy from 20 years up was arrested. It was a crazy day down here. 

That's mental but what kind of drugs were they doing? Also, why would they just randomly arrest everyone on your block? Shouldn't they have some suspect in mind? Then again, I'm not sure how your Justice system works...

Just now, killamch89 said:

That's mental but what kind of drugs were they doing? Also, why would they just randomly arrest everyone on your block? Shouldn't they have some suspect in mind? Then again, I'm not sure how your Justice system works...

It's often the case when a raid happens on a suspected drug den or dealer that everyone in that dwelling get's arrested on suspicion of being involved. If it becomes clear that any of those were not doing anything wrong or just happed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, they'll likely be let go. Still, to arrest every adult male who was in the block, not just the targeted home, seems a little extreme.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

It's often the case when a raid happens on a suspected drug den or dealer that everyone in that dwelling get's arrested on suspicion of being involved. If it becomes clear that any of those were not doing anything wrong or just happed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, they'll likely be let go. Still, to arrest every adult male who was in the block, not just the targeted home, seems a little extreme.

That's kinda what I'm saying, just arresting everyone on the block who is 20 and up is rather extreme. I know that they'd arrest some suspects in the vicinity of a residence during a raid but how do they know all the suspects are 20 and up? Then again, places like the UAE do have an extreme justice system. I mean, if you default on a loan there, you'll face prison time.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The justice system and cops here don't care much about human rights. They do just about anything they feel like when they are given orders to do so with no consequences.

It's been a year since a lot of people were killed by security operatives (our military) at Lekki Toll Gate because they shutdown the toll gate protesting about the bad government and police brutality. Till date, no investigation has been done or the shooters brought to justice. 

Although, most of the guys arrested have been released after being questioned according to the one's that got back. It's about 5 guys that are still presently in their custody. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

The justice system and cops here don't care much about human rights. They do just about anything they feel like when they are given orders to do so with no consequences.

It's been a year since a lot of people were killed by security operatives (our military) at Lekki Toll Gate because they shutdown the toll gate protesting about the bad government and police brutality. Till date, no investigation has been done or the shooters brought to justice. 

Although, most of the guys arrested have been released after being questioned according to the one's that got back. It's about 5 guys that are still presently in their custody. 

It all makes sense now - I didn't know you lived in Nigeria. I have heard about the corrupt justice system there and all the extra judicial killings. Not to mention a good portion of the force on the payroll of high-profile criminals.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It all makes sense now - I didn't know you lived in Nigeria. I have heard about the corrupt justice system there and all the extra judicial killings. Not to mention a good portion of the force on the payroll of high-profile criminals.

It's a shit show down here and every day acts of terrorism by Boko Haram that are sponsored by some politicians in our government keeps going on rampage. It should be about a month ago that they invade a church in one of the states here on a Sunday morning and killed so many people and left some severely injured with gunshot wounds. The news was all over on BBC. You can read more on it Here