Register Now
StaceyPowers

Can you enjoy a game purely for its gameplay, even if its world/story/characters bore you?

Unlike most of the other answerers here, I'm going to agree with you that video games do become more boring the older you are. But, I think that's broadly true of anything: the music, books, movies, television that you enjoyed when you were younger are probably also more boring to you. This is not a mystery, it's just plain old maturation.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Unlike most of the other answerers here, I'm going to agree with you that video games do become more boring the older you are. But, I think that's broadly true of anything: the music, books, movies, television that you enjoyed when you were younger are probably also more boring to you. This is not a mystery, it's just plain old maturation.

Laughs, what you said isn't lie, that's the way its going. When I was a child I love it more than my current state with video games. I have lots of things running on my mind now as an adult, before I'll settle them all in a day it will be late, some days I don't even get close to my games because of time falling adrift for my video games. 

On 10/9/2021 at 7:24 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, there are some people who can't do without spending money on games. The act of pay to win is something they can't do without. 

Yeah, their are plenty users like that, they simply pay to win, that's why they can't control their spending, they spend unnecessarily. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, their are plenty users like that, they simply pay to win, that's why they can't control their spending, they spend unnecessarily. 

Yeah - and come to think of it, I don't really have any issues with it until they come out bragging about how they dominated the gameplay. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - and come to think of it, I don't really have any issues with it until they come out bragging about how they dominated the gameplay. 

Lol, its always like that when you're playing a betting match with a fellow gamer via console, when the opposing player wins he'll simply brag about it. 

Some gamers takes gambling within themselves, simply to bet on who is stronger and money is staked anyone who wins take's the total amount of money. I don't play such kind of game due to the weight of mockery I'll get when I lose to a proud opponent. 

On 10/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, its always like that when you're playing a betting match with a fellow gamer via console, when the opposing player wins he'll simply brag about it. 

Seriously, I don't really like it when one brags about anything because there is always someone else who's better than you at it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I don't really like it when one brags about anything because there is always someone else who's better than you at it. 

Yes, in every aspect of life, their must be someone better than the other. So I wouldn't know why a gamer will brag after defeating a fellow gamer when he knows that same gamer can be better than him tomorrow.