Register Now
StaceyPowers

Can you enjoy a game purely for its gameplay, even if its world/story/characters bore you?

Yes, since a lot of the time without a story the gameplay can be fine enough (things like sim city, etc.). Really depends though since if the gameplay sucks and story, there isn’t really a reason to play minus removing it from a list.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:52 AM, Family sedan said:

I don't think I could like a game that only has one thing right about it.  You have to give me more.

Exactly - I don't really understand why a game wouldn't have it all? Good graphics, good gameplay, narrative, mechanics and so on. It's not a bad thing to look for perfection. 

19 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, the contents of the game also entice me, the background of the game must be unique to entice me, not just game play I am looking for. 

That's the truth - both go hand in hand. Both need to be pretty good to really entice me - That's why most modern games don't really hold my attention for long. They lack the story elements and world building to entice me.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

That's the truth - both go hand in hand. Both need to be pretty good to really entice me - That's why most modern games don't really hold my attention for long. They lack the story elements and world building to entice me.

You're right buddy. Both the gameplay, and story elements should be superb. I can't play a game in which the story mode is poorly written, or constantly repetitive of few sentences xD. 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, Family sedan said:

I don't even need perfection.  I could be happy with a game with say a 75, or 78 rating.  By the time a game is rated that high it's doing most things right.

In my opinion, a game with 70% rating isn't a bad one, in fact it's good from all angles. It's when you get the ratings at below 50%, then it's crap.