Register Now
Sharon

How do you feel about Gamestop?

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel that is going to be the case. At least in terms of newer video games. Because I figure we'll be going digital sooner rather than later. So maybe stores releasing new games won't last as long as, say retro game shops. But yeah, gamestop is trying a lot to stick around. I don't see them lasting with the practices they have. 

With the way video games have been going on lately, it's very obvious that gamestop's time is nearing the end and there is nothing that can stop that from happening. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel that is going to be the case. At least in terms of newer video games. Because I figure we'll be going digital sooner rather than later. So maybe stores releasing new games won't last as long as, say retro game shops. But yeah, gamestop is trying a lot to stick around. I don't see them lasting with the practices they have. 

There is always time for every single thing to come to an end and it seems like gamestop is getting to its own finishing line.. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yep thats right sooner or later is going to be digital only, actually even nowdays buying a digital version of a game is much cheaper than getting a physical disc. For example I was at walmart the other day and they had GTAV for 20 dollars at the store, but online at the PSN store the game is always regurlarly for 14.99. So its not even worth it buying a physical game anymore. Its a sad thing, I much rather have a physically displayed collection.

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yep thats right sooner or later is going to be digital only, actually even nowdays buying a digital version of a game is much cheaper than getting a physical disc. For example I was at walmart the other day and they had GTAV for 20 dollars at the store, but online at the PSN store the game is always regurlarly for 14.99. So its not even worth it buying a physical game anymore. Its a sad thing, I much rather have a physically displayed collection.

Yeah, I think that it's the only part where game companies have done something that's in the good interest of gamers a little bit, although it's for them too. 

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Personally, I believe that they should have been off the market or production by now. They are still trying so much to keep the CD copies available till now. 

On 1/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, kingpotato said:

I hate the idea of things being digital only, but to be honest, I haven't purchased a physical game in quite a while. Digital is just easier to deal with. You you don't technically own the rights to the game, but it's so much easier to deal with a digital catalog of games than having to order a physical one from a store or online, and then have to wait for it to arrive. 

Eventually physical will be obsolete and we'll just be digital. Hell, I think streaming is the eventual future anyway. So even digital may be gone from our options in the future. 

On 1/21/2022 at 4:21 PM, Kane99 said:

I hate the idea of things being digital only, but to be honest, I haven't purchased a physical game in quite a while. Digital is just easier to deal with. You you don't technically own the rights to the game, but it's so much easier to deal with a digital catalog of games than having to order a physical one from a store or online, and then have to wait for it to arrive. 

Eventually physical will be obsolete and we'll just be digital. Hell, I think streaming is the eventual future anyway. So even digital may be gone from our options in the future. 

The truth is that no matter how much gamers are still into physical copies of games, it's inevitable that digital games will completely wipe its entire counterpart off.