Register Now
DC

Minor Forum Changes

I am looking for feedback on recent forum changes.

1. I moved the "Platforms" section higher-up on the forum and lowered Video Game Deals and Esports & Competitive Gaming. This decision came quite easy because the Platforms section is more active and thus should be prioritized.
  2. I added a Virtual Reality sub-section under Platforms for all VR talk.
  3. I added a Technology & Gadgets sub-section to General Chat.

I am considering reworking some of the forums under the "VGR Community" as well but I first want to know how the above changes are perceived by the community.

30 minutes ago, aerodynamik said:

I know this theme is kind of VGR’s identity, but is there anything planned in the future for a light or something ‘new’ and different?

Not particularly, but if there is enough member interest I would happily add a light theme as an alternative. I've always thought darker to be a little easier on the eyes, at night.

6 minutes ago, DC said:

Not particularly, but if there is enough member interest I would happily add a light theme as an alternative. I've always thought darker to be a little easier on the eyes, at night.

Yeah, definitely is. But as you mentioned at night, in daytime I prefer lightly themed forums. There is no obligation and it wouldn’t really be a great improvement towards the forum and its community, just a small preference of mine. 🙂 

4 hours ago, DC said:

It's definitely easier for me, due to how photosensitive I am.

As for the changes, I have no complaints. They're not a whole new forum to learn the ropes on, so as long at that isn't the issue, I'm not all that worried about it. To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the changes until I saw this thread.

I saw the changes, I am happy with the changes made so far by the Admin DC. One more thing please, the message box at times misbehave. Meaning, you have to click refresh before adding your comment or making a thread. I've encountered the issue on more occasions. If the issue can be rectified completely then chatting is made very much easier.