Register Now
Heatman

How long should PS4 controller expected to last before it dies off?

10 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's always been between 2 to 3 hours. The longest time it ever lasted was 4 hours of gameplay and it's only once that happened. 

That's very poor if you ask me. It suppose to last at least for the minimum of 10 hours no matter the steady game you're playing. Mine serve me rest of the day no matter how long I keep on playing provided that I charged it full. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's very poor if you ask me. It suppose to last at least for the minimum of 10 hours no matter the steady game you're playing. Mine serve me rest of the day no matter how long I keep on playing provided that I charged it full. 

Seriously, I started to think about it and feel like it's something to deal with the kind of games that I play with it that caused the battery to drain faster. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I started to think about it and feel like it's something to deal with the kind of games that I play with it that caused the battery to drain faster. 

The problem comes with the controller, it doesn't absorb the charged percentage well and last longer with it. I believe your controller is easy to release the percentage of charged battery, because the battery capacity is also weak. 

Edited by Justin11

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's always been between 2 to 3 hours. The longest time it ever lasted was 4 hours of gameplay and it's only once that happened. 

I'm of the opinion that it's definitely going to be as a result of the games that you play. It happens with me most of the time. Games you play can determine how the controllers power lasts. 

On 11/29/2021 at 7:40 AM, Boblee said:

I'm of the opinion that it's definitely going to be as a result of the games that you play. It happens with me most of the time. Games you play can determine how the controllers power lasts. 

That could actually be the case and there is only one way to find out which is changing the set of games that I play for this month and see the difference. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

My PS4 controllers can last for some time, i never really monitored the exact number of hours it can last, but it definitely surpasses 5 hours of steady game play. 

A steady 5 hour use of a PlayStation 4 controller in playing game is actually an average time that is very okay that you don't have to worry about it that much.

47 minutes ago, Boblee said:

A steady 5 hour use of a PlayStation 4 controller in playing game is actually an average time that is very okay that you don't have to worry about it that much.

Yes, I don't worry about the duration at which my controller lasts. Because five consecutive hours is enough for me via gaming. Then I can simply charge it and start over again later. 

2 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, I don't worry about the duration at which my controller lasts. Because five consecutive hours is enough for me via gaming. Then I can simply charge it and start over again later. 

Yeah, 5 hours of gameplay is good enough as far as I'm concerned. If it's anything below 3 hours, it's not so good. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, 5 hours of gameplay is good enough as far as I'm concerned. If it's anything below 3 hours, it's not so good. 

Yeah, provided it's five hours, I don't care much about it's duration, provided it keeps maintaining such lengthy time to service my gaming without going off. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, provided it's five hours, I don't care much about it's duration, provided it keeps maintaining such lengthy time to service my gaming without going off. 

My game play time in day is between 2 to 4 hours, so I expect my controller to serve the time and not force me to charge when I'm still playing. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

My game play time in day is between 2 to 4 hours, so I expect my controller to serve the time and not force me to charge when I'm still playing. 

Seriously, it's very annoying when you get to experience the controller's battery dying on you in a very critical point in the game. 

I get about 3-4 hours from a full charge. It's pretty bad, and worse yet is the short little USB cable they give you to charge it. I had to buy a 15 foot cable just to play while it charges. Would love to get a third party alternative that uses AA.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

I get about 3-4 hours from a full charge. It's pretty bad, and worse yet is the short little USB cable they give you to charge it. I had to buy a 15 foot cable just to play while it charges. Would love to get a third party alternative that uses AA.

You would have to request for such 15 foot cable to me custom made for you because they would never do that under normal circumstances. But wait, is it good to charge while playing?