Register Now
Heatman

How long should PS4 controller expected to last before it dies off?

On 12/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, Boblee said:

My game play time in day is between 2 to 4 hours, so I expect my controller to serve the time and not force me to charge when I'm still playing. 

Since you don't hang much playing games in a lengthy period, I believe you'll simply be comfortable with your controller, even if it doesn't last past 4 hours. 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:22 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's very annoying when you get to experience the controller's battery dying on you in a very critical point in the game. 

I would stop using the controller immediately especially when I actually charged it full before making use of it. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I would stop using the controller immediately especially when I actually charged it full before making use of it. 

If that happens, it means that the controller's internal battery is already dead, which is why it doesn't last long anymore. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

If that happens, it means that the controller's internal battery is already dead, which is why it doesn't last long anymore. 

That's something I feel as well. For a controller to up and die off when it's supposed to last longer shows it's definitely not in a good shape. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's something I feel as well. For a controller to up and die off when it's supposed to last longer shows it's definitely not in a good shape. 

I had to see through the acts of the controller that it must have been getting lots of damage shock as a result of constant falling on the floor. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I had to see through the acts of the controller that it must have been getting lots of damage shock as a result of constant falling on the floor. 

This is something that happens when you are very careless with how you make use of your controllers. The shock always damage the hardware. 

I believe most PS4 controllers are rated for a few hours of charge. I heard PS4 controllers die faster due to the batteries, but I am not sure if that's true. My Xbox 360/Xbox One controllers would often last for a couple hours or more on a full charge. I usually play with a wired controller these days though, as I can't be bothered with a wireless controller anymore. 

36 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I believe most PS4 controllers are rated for a few hours of charge. I heard PS4 controllers die faster due to the batteries, but I am not sure if that's true. My Xbox 360/Xbox One controllers would often last for a couple hours or more on a full charge. I usually play with a wired controller these days though, as I can't be bothered with a wireless controller anymore. 

It's the beauty of playing with wired controllers, you don't get to worry about the batteries dying on you when playing. 

It is actually simply down to logic cause it is the more you use the controllers that is going to increase the chances of the battery is dying down and is why some people still prefer to play with their wired controllers because they don't have to worry about the batteries dying.

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

It is actually simply down to logic cause it is the more you use the controllers that is going to increase the chances of the battery is dying down and is why some people still prefer to play with their wired controllers because they don't have to worry about the batteries dying.

Even with the wireless controllers you can still use them as wired and keep playing your games. When you're charging it, you can simply use it and be playing. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Even with the wireless controllers you can still use them as wired and keep playing your games. When you're charging it, you can simply use it and be playing. 

If it's not just that you would be forced to sit within the proximity to your controller cord reach, they are perfect in my opinion.