Register Now
Kane99

Think it's worth just getting a series s instead?

Honestly, I'm kinda leaning towards getting a series s than an x right now. The price difference is also key, as I saw some stores selling it for $299.99 for black Friday. Plus, I don't need all the fancy stuff the series x offers. I don't buy games physical all that much anymore and I mostly use gamepass anyway. I just don't see the need for a series x right now. 

Maybe down the road I'll get a series x, but I don't need anything fancy. 

I always recommend a disc capable version of a system. Forget the price of the console itself for the moment. The disc system contains all the capabilities on a digital system. But as already said it also has the capability to run a disc based game. Also there may come a game that is only released on a disc that you really want. Well you're screwed there, unless you buy a second console that has disc capabilities. Whether you ever actually use it is irrelevant. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Also, say you have a game that is a DDL on your Xbox One. Well you're going to have to buy it again for your Xbox Series S. Or if you have it on disc. You're going to have to buy it again. You're going to end up rebuying a lot of games.

It just makes a lot more sense to me to get the disc capable version of a console than to get the completely digital version that lacks disc capabilities.

4.gif

Edited by The Blackangel

Yeah I get that. But with the current games, to my knowledge they are all releasing digitally anyway. I'm risking not being able to play all games, and I'm okay with that. 

Plus they have the backwards compatibility for some games, and I believe those all can be purchased digitally, but I may not be correct on that. 

My other issue with the series s, is since it doesn't have a disc drive, it would be rendered useless if the console ever loses support, which it inevitably will. Which I kinda accept. Plus, it seems they will make sure to make future consoles backwards compatible, which means we should be able to re-download the games we get on the og Xbox & 360 ( through backwards compatibility for some games available digitally), Xbox one and series s/x.

I bet this console will see even cheaper price tags soon. So if anything, it's pretty much a budget console. Plus game pass probably sells a ton of them. 

But honestly, I think I'm okay with the limitations, because I mostly expect to play Xbox series x/s games on it anyway, and those all should get digital releases and work on it. 

Honestly, a series s is not that bad, plus game pass makes the lack of discs a little less annoying, I've been able to play Yakuza and Doom while waiting for new games, maybe I more of a digtal eprson, but I think series s is not that bad of a choice.

If you can't afford to get an Xbox series X then you can stick to Xbox series S as it is a very competent gaming console. I had one but I had to sell it off to get the series X . I actually enjoyed every bit of my series S when I had it.

Edited by Clasher

Since series x runs both digital and disc version of games, I love it. But this time, I'm not going for it, my PS4 is serving me well, I can only consider buying video game next year (2023). By then, my PS4 must have served me, st least we have more of the games on PS4. I know Xbox series x/s are similar to PS5, but I wouldn't rush any of them for now, unless I have extra funds to spend for numerous consoles xD. 

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

Since series x runs both digital and disc version of games, I love it. But this time, I'm not going for it, my PS4 is serving me well, I can only consider buying video game next year (2023). By then, my PS4 must have served me, st least we have more of the games on PS4. I know Xbox series x/s are similar to PS5, but I wouldn't rush any of them for now, unless I have extra funds to spend for numerous consoles xD. 

That's fine, I had a PS4 and an Xbox series S console, but I had to sell my. Xbox series S and get the Xbox series X, the two consoles are actually fun to use and any one of them you could afford would still serve you perfectly well.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

That's fine, I had a PS4 and an Xbox series S console, but I had to sell my. Xbox series S and get the Xbox series X, the two consoles are actually fun to use and any one of them you could afford would still serve you perfectly well.

Sure, they're all quality gaming consoles, I prefer the one I currently have. I don't want to put myself on a tug of war trying to get one which I never planned for.