Register Now
Kane99

How much training do esports players do?

I imagine that most esports players play hours on end each day, much like any gamer who does nothing but game. But I think they do a lot more than that. Myself as a casual, couldn't handle the long hours of gaming esports players have to do these days. I imagine they are playing most of the day, probably streaming as that would be smart to do if you plan to train for long hours anyway. 

But, how many hours a day do you think they game to just train? 

That's honestly not something that ever crossed my mind. I would say they train 12 hours minimum. Like Super Smash Bros would take a ton of constant training to be at a competition level. Any random fighting game like Mortal Kombat would take a shitload of training as well. You can't just do it for an hour or two to reach competition level. To truly master a game, you have to play it several hours a day, and I assume for several years as well.

Also I wonder, how does a person get into eSports to be a competitor? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to that question anywhere. I may be doing a bad search, but I just can't find it.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's honestly not something that ever crossed my mind. I would say they train 12 hours minimum. Like Super Smash Bros would take a ton of constant training to be at a competition level. Any random fighting game like Mortal Kombat would take a shitload of training as well. You can't just do it for an hour or two to reach competition level. To truly master a game, you have to play it several hours a day, and I assume for several years as well.

Also I wonder, how does a person get into eSports to be a competitor? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to that question anywhere. I may be doing a bad search, but I just can't find it.

I imagine it's around 12 hours or more. When I game, I game for hours, but I'm by no means a pro gamer. 

That's a good question, because I don't know either lol. I assume they join or start their own teams. That's how I see the first teams starting up. But now I hear high schools across the US are starting their own esports teams, groups and clubs. So that may be how most get started these days. 

Wish I was more social, cause I think it'd be fun running an esports team. Just not playing on it. 

Edited by Kane99