Register Now
Kane99

Video Game Museums in the US

Are there any popular video game museums in the US? Or maybe even ones that feature old PCs and PC gaming. I know there are a couple out there, but what would you all say is the better museums out there? I'd love to see if there is a Nintendo or Mario museum out there. I'm sure there's bound to be old PC museums and all that good stuff. 

What museums would you recommend? 

Also, would you be into starting your own museum for video games and gaming history? 

Are there actual museums for gaming? It seems gaming would be a section in a museum dedicated to computer technology or something. Other than that you would have to wait for the next gaming award show to come to town. All those old arcades have to be sitting somewhere though. Probably in somebody's hoarding garage in no man's land. It would be cool to see a display and comparisons of all the consoles over its history. 

24 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Are there actual museums for gaming? It seems gaming would be a section in a museum dedicated to computer technology or something. Other than that you would have to wait for the next gaming award show to come to town. All those old arcades have to be sitting somewhere though. Probably in somebody's hoarding garage in no man's land. It would be cool to see a display and comparisons of all the consoles over its history. 

Yeah there are a few. I did a quick search and found one of the top ones being National Videogame Museum in Frisco Texas. And on a deeper, or a fairly fast dive, I found wikipedia already saved me the time by listing all the video game museums out there, at least in terms of what has been entered on wikipedia. There may be others out there yet. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_museums

Wish there was one in Michigan. Oh well.