Register Now
Kane99

Will more studios and games have NFT options?

NFTs, or NFT like systems are coming to Ubisoft and their future games. And it makes me wonder if other studios and companies will also jump into the fray. Do you think that other companies will make even more money because of this? Or will it be a passing fad? I mean, I thought this would have been forgotten by now, but NFTs seem to be a part of everything now. I don't get it. 

I hold out faith that people will reject this garbage wholeheartedly. There is definite pushback on it, so that's good. Whether it is enough to make them reconsider is another thing.

One thing is for sure. I refuse to touch any game that has NFTs attached in any way.

Not surprisingly it is the epic store that had embraced NFTs with open arms, while Steam is banning them so far. Further reinforcing me in the choice to boycott the EGS.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:20 AM, Heatman said:

It's still fetching them a lot of money, so they would be definitely still be interested in making use of it till otherwise. 

Yeah, I can see this bringing in a ton for studios and publishers. I know many gamers who would be so into this, and will find ways to abuse the system if possible. 

19 hours ago, m76 said:

I hold out faith that people will reject this garbage wholeheartedly. There is definite pushback on it, so that's good. Whether it is enough to make them reconsider is another thing.

One thing is for sure. I refuse to touch any game that has NFTs attached in any way.

Not surprisingly it is the epic store that had embraced NFTs with open arms, while Steam is banning them so far. Further reinforcing me in the choice to boycott the EGS.

I agree. It's just going to result in more riches for the studios and we'll get nothing great in return. That's how it always is for us gamers. We get screwed over and the big studios get awarded with more and more cash which never goes to the actual developers, but the big time publisher. 

I just won't use the feature in games I get, if they have it. 

I still have hopes that NFTs will die out soon. I still think it could be a fad that will drop off at some point. I hope. 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:20 AM, Heatman said:

It's still fetching them a lot of money, so they would be definitely still be interested in making use of it till otherwise. 

I am yet to play the NFT games, even after hearing much about them. I know some of them are rewarding, but I really don't know the tricks there to earn with those NFTs games. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, I can see this bringing in a ton for studios and publishers. I know many gamers who would be so into this, and will find ways to abuse the system if possible. 

That's been the case over the years now and it only gets worse by the day with how we have seen things happening. They will never change. 

NFTs have attracted attention of many crypto lovers. At the moment, their are many blockchain games that rewards users with NFTs tokens, which you can swap for monetary value. I don't play them because it takes time to see real fiat currency value to my rewards. Seeing it in video games will be a tremendous addition, which NFT lovers gonna enjoy. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

NFTs have attracted attention of many crypto lovers. At the moment, their are many blockchain games that rewards users with NFTs tokens, which you can swap for monetary value. I don't play them because it takes time to see real fiat currency value to my rewards. Seeing it in video games will be a tremendous addition, which NFT lovers gonna enjoy. 

Cryptocurrency mining in games isn't that easy. I haven't really seen anyone who successfully mined anything tangible. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Cryptocurrency mining in games isn't that easy. I haven't really seen anyone who successfully mined anything tangible. 

You really can't mine useful amount of coin through cryptocurrency using the free miner, but in some legit mining sites, you'll see your reward become reasonable amount with time. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah cryptocurrency doesn't really work that well in gaming. The difference with NFTs is that they aren't cryptocurrency, but it's kinda like a singular thing you can buy, and it's kinda exclusive. 

Basically what they are doing with games, is giving gamers the option to sell unique digital items in game. You can make money off of it. No idea if it's turned into cryptocurrency or if it's US dollars though.