Register Now
Kane99

Should all games have cloud saving as a backup?

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I believe it. We're leaving a major environmental footprint with tech in the world. And if we continue to have places with tons of servers, that's going to run up electricity like crazy. Servers are also known to put out a ton of heat, so who knows exactly how it's affecting the world as a whole. 

But yeah, I get it's not good. Hopefully they can figure out an alternative that wouldn't hurt the planet. 

Sometimes it gets scary when technology is doing but we can't take our foot off the gas because we have already embraced it. 

Since I don't have access with the cloud saving features, I simply use the available options to safeguard my video games in case unbeknownst occurs and my games get corrupted. When ever I get a new game through download or elsewhere I simply go to my friend that has a PC move my game to his PC including it's data. My friend is a video game technician, he knows how to back it up for me. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Is something still lacking of consoles especially the new gen franchise consoles. I wouldn't know what I'll do when I lose half of my games due to viruses corrupting my saved files. 

I don't know if it's possible for viruses to get to your saved files on Google cloud. I need to read more on that. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Since I don't have access with the cloud saving features, I simply use the available options to safeguard my video games in case unbeknownst occurs and my games get corrupted. When ever I get a new game through download or elsewhere I simply go to my friend that has a PC move my game to his PC including it's data. My friend is a video game technician, he knows how to back it up for me. 

Everyone that makes use Google account have access to Cloud saving, what's been debated is that being available on games. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Everyone that makes use Google account have access to Cloud saving, what's been debated is that being available on games. 

Maybe he doesn't know that after all. Not everyone even makes usd of Google Cloud to save or even backup their files lately. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Google play services isn't available on play station network. I never seen one before, or connected to Google account to back up any of my saved file via Google. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Google play services isn't available on play station network. I never seen one before, or connected to Google account to back up any of my saved file via Google. 

That's a fact for now but it's actually available on other platforms for now. If they can make it available with collaboration between Sony and Google, it's definitely going to be very good. 

17 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's a fact for now but it's actually available on other platforms for now. If they can make it available with collaboration between Sony and Google, it's definitely going to be very good. 

I just wish Sony brings such collaboration with Google play services in order to cloud back up our saved files to avoid losing essential game data when the unbeknownst occurs. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I just wish Sony brings such collaboration with Google play services in order to cloud back up our saved files to avoid losing essential game data when the unbeknownst occurs. 

Sony might not be open that much to doing that and it's all because of Google's policy which allows them to sell their users data. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Sony might not be open that much to doing that and it's all because of Google's policy which allows them to sell their users data. 

Who knows, they can simply come in too, and start doing censorship with Sony play station customers stiring up the entire play station world. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Who knows, they can simply come in too, and start doing censorship with Sony play station customers stiring up the entire play station world. 

Google can never be trusted not to sell your data and breach your privacy because their working policy allows them to do that. 

On 12/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, the Google saves will definitely be worthwhile for most gamers who lose files all the time.