Register Now
Kane99

Why don't more celebs take jobs in video games?

14 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I think this is all about money. If the developers can afford to pay these Celebs, we would be seeing a lot of celebs in the game.

Just like how the music industry incorporated into fashion and you see big clothing and shoe brands endorsing these artist and paying huge amount of money for such contracts. Checkout the endorsement deal between puma and jcole . If these gaming companies are willing to put money away for such endorsement then we would certainly be seeing more celebs.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:35 AM, killamch89 said:

I think it's mainly the monetary issue - celebs would cost a gaming company infinitely more to have them in their game (this includes imaging rights etc.) and if it fails, the gaming company stands to lose a lot more money.

The money part is a constant and it's never going to change no matter what happens. Most of these celebrities live expensive lives and it's why they are not cheap. 

On 5/30/2022 at 6:57 PM, Clasher said:

Just like how the music industry incorporated into fashion and you see big clothing and shoe brands endorsing these artist and paying huge amount of money for such contracts. Checkout the endorsement deal between puma and jcole . If these gaming companies are willing to put money away for such endorsement then we would certainly be seeing more celebs.

The problem is not the gaming industry or company paying that much to celebrities but would they be able to make up the money from their sales when they add up other developments costs in making the game. 

Voice actors are not paid well for the kind of exertion they pass through vocing games. Courtenay Taylor suffered a hemorrhage in her vocal cord from screaming and whispering and wasn't able to work for 3 months after that. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

The problem is not the gaming industry or company paying that much to celebrities but would they be able to make up the money from their sales when they add up other developments costs in making the game. 

The gaming industry has seen tremendous growth in the last few years and I think doing this would also help boost their expansion. This celebrities have a lot of followers who could go an extra mile for their favorite celebrity, take a look at brands owned by artist like Rihanna and see how people are constantly clamouring to get hold of one of her products. I'm pretty sure if the gaming companies work with celebrities they are going to make more out of their games.

8 minutes ago, Clasher said:

The gaming industry has seen tremendous growth in the last few years and I think doing this would also help boost their expansion. This celebrities have a lot of followers who could go an extra mile for their favorite celebrity, take a look at brands owned by artist like Rihanna and see how people are constantly clamouring to get hold of one of her products. I'm pretty sure if the gaming companies work with celebrities they are going to make more out of their games.

They have been working with them in the past but it seems as if they are taking a step back from working with them the way they used to and all I can think of is that the financial gain is not there for them to benefit from anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

They have been working with them in the past but it seems as if they are taking a step back from working with them the way they used to and all I can think of is that the financial gain is not there for them to benefit from anymore. 

I think GTA has been one of the games I know quite well that incorporates celebrities from the hip-hop world into their games like when GTA added Dr Dre sounds to their sound track, playboi carti and Popcaan's has been on GTA. And you could see the frenzy it caused when GTA gamers heard about such collaborations and how well those games are currently doing in the market right now. 

33 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

Voice actors are not paid well for the kind of exertion they pass through vocing games. Courtenay Taylor suffered a hemorrhage in her vocal cord from screaming and whispering and wasn't able to work for 3 months after that. 

Do you happen to know the video game Courtenay Taylor was working on when the hemorrhage in her vocal cord was inflicted? 

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think GTA has been one of the games I know quite well that incorporates celebrities from the hip-hop world into their games like when GTA added Dr Dre sounds to their sound track, playboi carti and Popcaan's has been on GTA. And you could see the frenzy it caused when GTA gamers heard about such collaborations and how well those games are currently doing in the market right now. 

That's very correct. I can't wait to see what that are going to have developed for us to play in GTA 6 whenever they are ready with the production. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's very correct. I can't wait to see what that are going to have developed for us to play in GTA 6 whenever they are ready with the production. 

The expectations on the game GTA 6 should be around 3 years time or if they rush it, they would have it out in 2 years time. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The expectations on the game GTA 6 should be around 3 years time or if they rush it, they would have it out in 2 years time. 

I don't even have the time for speculation on when they are going to have the game released. My main concern is them making a game better than GTA 5. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

Are you expecting an inclusion of a new big celebrity in GTA 6? I would love to see someone like Drake in it if it's possible. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

I certainly can't wait too, but the real date for it's released isn't yet confirmed by Rockstar studios so I don't want to take my hopes too High. Teasers making Waves on the internet is that they are going to be some more cooler features added to GTA 6 than has even been for any other GTA game on the series.

18 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Are you expecting an inclusion of a new big celebrity in GTA 6? I would love to see someone like Drake in it if it's possible. 

I'm not sure but I think that it's something that's possible giving how other releases have been so far. We might be seeing high profile celebrities in GTA 6.