Register Now
Kane99

Most you've spent on a video game?

Probably Team Fortress 2. I got out and back into it several times, when getting out I'd sometimes (especially earlier) sell my items and then when I got back into it I'd buy new items again which wasn't costly in each instance but has since added up. Overall I've spent £321.53 on the market and sold £230.48 for a net spending of £-91.05. That being said, not all of that is from TF2, some of it is from Counter-Strike: Global Offensive among other, smaller miscellaneous purchases but the vast majority would be from TF2. Nowadays I just keep all my items from TF2 in my inventory since I still launch it occassionally, and there'll definitely be times in the future when I properly get back into it.

Edited by ShipmateMoon

On 12/23/2021 at 12:50 AM, o-o said:

I think it was Rust, costing €33 if I'm not wrong. of course in computer -- and I'm not talking about in-game skins or purchases, as it'll probably be way more than you think 😄

Oh wow! That's a huge sum of money to spend on a game. I believe you had a good time playing Rust because this money is big and should be worth it.

The most that I've ever spent on a video game, was on my Nintendo Wii console. The video game in question was Skylanders. With the portal and three characters, it came to £50.00 and for every additional character it was £10.00. The problem was to unlock the next chapter, you needed a new character so this is the way the company was making loads of money. 

I remember spending once close to £100 for a certain edition of a game I once bought years ago. I believe it was a Call of Duty game that I purchased at the time but that is the highest I have paid for a video game. 

In terms on in game purchasing, I wouldn't like to even guess how much I have spent on that over the years 😄

I would say the most we have spent is around $300. I came across a couple NES games that are pretty rare, and @Rain Dew bought the two of them for me. Aside from that I haven't really spent any exorbitant amounts on any one game that I can remember. Then again, I can't remember where I was or what I was doing 10 minutes ago. It's a long story why my memory is all but non-existent.

I would say I spent about $200 for special edition games, then all the DLC packs, but possibly more honestly. 

I know with Destiny 1 and 2 I bought all the DLC's, but don't recall the prices for them. Then of course there is Call of Duty with the DLC maps and weapons bought with a seasonal pass. 

I am honestly very unhappy and unimpressed with Warframe. I spent around 2k hours, and 900 dollars or so (but that's over the course of nearly a decade). But their Cinematic quests lock you in, and I picked a bad frame, so I'm literally stuck and cannot finish the cinematic quest I'm on. They do not offer a way to reset progress to 0 or change frames, so I've uninstalled the game and gave it a negative review on Steam. I will likely never return unless they make changes to let you cancel cinematic quests even if you lose all progress.

I cannot do any MP runs anymore, and since I'm stuck with a frame (dunno which one, haven't played in over 6 months really) that makes this quest near impossible ... I won't be returning.

The most I ever spent on a game was $70. This was on a copy of Mega Man Legends 2, and it was the disc only too. I kind of regret getting it since I wish I got a complete copy of the game. However it doesn't seem like the price of this game has gone down in a decade, so perhaps it was a good investment. A complete copy goes for over $100! It's nothing like The Misadventures of Tron Bonne though...