Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel when a game gives you tips after you die?

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Definitely, the tips are very useful when it comes on time... And at such time, it's going to help with the gamers progress in the game. 

Yeah, it's actually why the timing of the tips is very important because when it comes to me when it's useless, what's the essence of it? 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Definitely, the tips are very useful when it comes on time... And at such time, it's going to help with the gamers progress in the game. 

Exactly, I value them much when it comes on time and not when it turns to be medicine after death for me. I love the scenario when I need it most and it pops up for me. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Exactly, I value them much when it comes on time and not when it turns to be medicine after death for me. I love the scenario when I need it most and it pops up for me. 

Yeah exactly, it's far more better for the tips to come sooner in the gameplay when it's more important then when it's not useless unless I want to replay the game. 

57 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah exactly, it's far more better for the tips to come sooner in the gameplay when it's more important then when it's not useless unless I want to replay the game. 

That's how it should be, come quicker and not just taking time when I don't need it anymore. The best time I need it is when I'm in action. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:48 AM, Justin11 said:

Yeah, it's a sure thing as far as I know because when it comes to the gamer at the right time, it saves him a lot of stress. 

The main progression for me is that I am getting better with each run. I understand the tricks of the rooms, each weapons strengths and weaknesses, enemies that troubled me no longer do etc. I'm OK with the amount of stuff that carries over with each run (ether, weapon traits, unlocks + more later) and the things that let you 'skip' stuff (shortcut to biome 3 in biome 1, the proficiency pickup at the start of each biome that gets you up to the level of the area etc)it's a lot more than I'm used to getting in other roguelikes (Binding of Isaac is the one I've played the most).

1 hour ago, Empire said:

The main progression for me is that I am getting better with each run. I understand the tricks of the rooms, each weapons strengths and weaknesses, enemies that troubled me no longer do etc. I'm OK with the amount of stuff that carries over with each run (ether, weapon traits, unlocks + more later) and the things that let you 'skip' stuff (shortcut to biome 3 in biome 1, the proficiency pickup at the start of each biome that gets you up to the level of the area etc)it's a lot more than I'm used to getting in other roguelikes (Binding of Isaac is the one I've played the most).

Definitely, even without getting the tips and you had to replay some stages over and over again, you tend to pick up what's going on and know how to survive. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's a sure thing as far as I know because when it comes to the gamer at the right time, it saves him a lot of stress. 

It saves the stress, because it will enable you grasp what's been shown on the screen to take cover and defeat the onrushing enemy with the tips gotten. 

On 1/10/2022 at 2:18 PM, Heatman said:

Definitely, even without getting the tips and you had to replay some stages over and over again, you tend to pick up what's going on and know how to survive. 

That's really a long process if you ask me and it's something that can be cut short and make the life easier for the gamer with the tips. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's really a long process if you ask me and it's something that can be cut short and make the life easier for the gamer with the tips. 

Yeah, that's a sure thing when it comes to allowing that kind of play to drag long when the tips can make it shorter. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The first thing I do when ever I failed to hit the stride with video games is to watch closely around the tips given out by the game devs. 

Seriously, it's something that's very important to be done because if you don't miss it, you can actually have some of challenges very quickly taken care of. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's something that's very important to be done because if you don't miss it, you can actually have some of challenges very quickly taken care of. 

Exactly, the earlier it's used for the game's progress, the better it is for the gamer because he would get to advance quickly on the game. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, the earlier it's used for the game's progress, the better it is for the gamer because he would get to advance quickly on the game. 

Seriously, if the game makes it a bad habit of always giving me the tips once I'm dead, I would definitely quit playing it or turn off the tips if it's possible. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, if the game makes it a bad habit of always giving me the tips once I'm dead, I would definitely quit playing it or turn off the tips if it's possible. 

Personally, I think that it's something that's far more better to quit playing such games and rest once and for all from the stress.