Register Now
StaceyPowers

Was there a gaming platform you thought you’d dislike, but then liked?

I would have to say PlayStation. I was always a Nintendo chick. It was nothing else for me. Then Sony released the PlayStation the same time the N64 came out. A kid I knew had one, but I thought it was lame. Yet after watching a while, I had to get one. So I saved up from my next two paychecks from Pizza Hut, and bought one with 2 games. Castlevania SOTN, and FF8. Now I have multiples of each PlayStation console from 1-4.

Honestly, not really. I pretty much wanted all the consoles growing up. Even the bad ones. Because I didn't know any better and didn't know there was bad consoles at the time. Maybe the ps3, idk. Actually, maybe kinect instead. Yeah it sucked, but I sometimes got a good workout with it. 

On 1/1/2022 at 3:10 PM, Heatman said:

At first, I never really liked PC gaming at all for any reason whatsoever because I'm a born Playstation console lover but over the years, I have been seeing myself liking PC games. 

I own PC, but I love my PS4 console games than my PC type. Their is more quality to my PS4 games compared to what I'm seeing around my windows 11 PC. 

18 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I own PC, but I love my PS4 console games than my PC type. Their is more quality to my PS4 games compared to what I'm seeing around my windows 11 PC. 

The real question is how you started your gaming life and which gaming platform you started out with as well. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I would say mobile gaming but I still hate playing games on my smartphone till date which is why I had purchased Nintendo Switch. 

What's your experience with playing on Nintendo Switch compared to what you experienced when you were playing on smartphone? 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:11 PM, Heatman said:

The real question is how you started your gaming life and which gaming platform you started out with as well. 

I started with PS2 in 2010, that's when I got into playing comes games. If you're talking about the first time I played a game, I wouldn't remember, because I've been playing before I got into console at early age of 7. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

What's your experience with playing on Nintendo Switch compared to what you experienced when you were playing on smartphone? 

Seriously, all round there is no way I'm going to be willing to compare playing on Nintendo Switch and smartphone because the former is more robust for gaming. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, all round there is no way I'm going to be willing to compare playing on Nintendo Switch and smartphone because the former is more robust for gaming. 

Nintendo Switch is specifically designed for playing video games while smartphone is designed to do more than gaming alone, so it can't be best in both. 

Actually, after some more thought, I think I'd say the wii. Originally I wanted one instead of a 360 or ps3, but decided to get a 360 instead. The wii at the time was huge, but I wanted to game with my friends. And I started to see it being a novelty instead of something I'd be happy with. 

Eventually I played some of the wii, and honestly I didn't see it as bad as I originally did. I never ended up buying one, but I played enough to know if was a decent console with a fun gimmick for the time. 

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They also share another feature. You can watch both Hulu and YouTube on both of them. Switch used to offer Netflix as well, but not anymore.

It would have been very nice if Nintendo Switch still run their collaboration with Netflix because it's definitely going to get more gamers switching to the console.