Register Now
The Blackangel

What are your thoughts on Rockstar?

9 hours ago, Darth said:

The best developer for me. I know they haven't been perfect recently with the lack of content for GTA V single player, RDR 2 and the mess that was the trilogy remaster. But I still trust them to do a good job with GTA 6 and I can't wait to play it when it eventually releases. The hype that is created for one of their games (main ones) is just unmatched really.

I still have love and hope this studio comes back. But take two is the big problem. They run the show for the most part. But I still have hopes we're going to get a good story at the least. I'm not expecting much with online, because I know their focus will be on maximizing their profits. It'll be a grindy chore like gta v was. But, maybe we'll get a fun single player story. That's what I mostly care about anyway. 

I watch the occasional video on his channel. I don't follow him too closely though. But despite that, he does a lot of good reporting on the goings on in the gaming world that is often need to know. But that's depending on gaming preferences and habits. For example, I don't give a half a shit about Halo or CoD. So any reports about either of them means nothing to me.

On 1/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, The Blackangel said:

That's one hell of a fuck up. I have seen you guys talk about it, but never saw a news article about it. Not sure how I missed it, but nevertheless, I did.

Here is everything that you need to know about Rockstar's mess with the GTA trilogy. 

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/rockstar-games-apologizes-for-gta-trilogy-mess-heres-what-you-should-know/

20 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Too true. But of all the assholes, Rockstar is the best of a bad situation in my opinion.

I think that to a reasonable extent that your analysis of them being the best of the bad explains their situation well with all of these other companies. It's their last spat with GTA trilogy that brought their bad to limelight lately. 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:50 AM, Heatman said:

I couldn't agree any less than this from the looks of things based on their work on games so far!! 

Well, let's see what happens with their GTA IV remastered and their upcoming GTA 6 that's not yet being in production. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, let's see what happens with their GTA IV remastered and their upcoming GTA 6 that's not yet being in production. 

There was a great lesson for them to learn from what happened with the GTA trilogy that's if they really want to learn from their mistakes after apologizing. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

There was a great lesson for them to learn from what happened with the GTA trilogy that's if they really want to learn from their mistakes after apologizing. 

The real question is whether they really meant the apology to begin with because I would hardly trust these companies lately. 

On 1/13/2022 at 4:26 AM, Heatman said:

They are in the same league with EA, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard and so on. They all greedy companies that are only after money. 

I would say Take-Two is, but Rockstar is a bit off from that. Albeit, they aren't perfect by any means, I'd still trust Rockstar over the lot of these companies. Then again, Rockstar is already close to being part of that crew, simply because they are owned by Take-Two, which has become a very greedy company. If anything, I think they've ruined a lot that is to do with Rockstar and their games. I'd argue they ruined a lot with 2K games as well. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I would say Take-Two is, but Rockstar is a bit off from that. Albeit, they aren't perfect by any means, I'd still trust Rockstar over the lot of these companies. Then again, Rockstar is already close to being part of that crew, simply because they are owned by Take-Two, which has become a very greedy company. If anything, I think they've ruined a lot that is to do with Rockstar and their games. I'd argue they ruined a lot with 2K games as well. 

If Rockstar isn't careful, what happened to CD Project Red with their production of Cyberpunk 2077 would happen to them especially after what they did with GTA trilogy. 

Even with all this, I still think Rockstar is one of the best devs in the industry. Their games are always top notch, and they almost instantly develop a huge fanbase with everything they release. The GtA and RDR franchises are prime examples of that. So despite being owned by Take Two, Rockstar (in my mind anyway) is just about the best there is.

Edited by The Blackangel

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, they got that really wrong and one thing about messing up is that once it happens, all of your good would easily be forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, they got that really wrong and one thing about messing up is that once it happens, all of your good would easily be forgotten. 

Especially with one of the most popular series like GTA that everyone wanted a remaster, and now that's all we're gonna get. This is a new generation of gamers and so you are right, that mess is what they are going to associate the makers of GTA with. Rockstar does need something new to chill the fan base. GTA 5 is still a strong game along with RDR2 which isn't that old, but they should release some news on a GTA 6 or something.