Register Now
The Blackangel

What are your thoughts on Rockstar?

Assuming they even have intentions of making a GTA 6. They may be planning on going out on top with GTA 5. They have a hell of a lot of good to great titles under their belt, and one of the best creative teams, so we have no way of knowing if there's even any intent of a continuation of GTA or RDR to name two of their biggest. I know the majority of people here are baiting their breath for at least an official announcement of a GTA 6 underway in the studios. I would love to see an RDR3. I'm not counting Red Dead Revolver in any of this. RDR2 was a prequel as we all know. I think a prequel to that would be awesome. Show how the gang formed and exactly what all went down in Blackwater. Or a sequel to the first RDR and show us what Jack is up to in his life. Either one would be a great choice to me.

13 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Especially with one of the most popular series like GTA that everyone wanted a remaster, and now that's all we're gonna get. This is a new generation of gamers and so you are right, that mess is what they are going to associate the makers of GTA with. Rockstar does need something new to chill the fan base. GTA 5 is still a strong game along with RDR2 which isn't that old, but they should release some news on a GTA 6 or something. 

Seriously, whatever Rockstar makes next is going to be a good determining factor in how gamers are going to see them. If they make anything short of excellent, they are getting nailed hard in the coffin ⚰. 

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Assuming they even have intentions of making a GTA 6. They may be planning on going out on top with GTA 5. They have a hell of a lot of good to great titles under their belt, and one of the best creative teams, so we have no way of knowing if there's even any intent of a continuation of GTA or RDR to name two of their biggest. I know the majority of people here are baiting their breath for at least an official announcement of a GTA 6 underway in the studios. I would love to see an RDR3. I'm not counting Red Dead Revolver in any of this. RDR2 was a prequel as we all know. I think a prequel to that would be awesome. Show how the gang formed and exactly what all went down in Blackwater. Or a sequel to the first RDR and show us what Jack is up to in his life. Either one would be a great choice to me.

There are lots stories to be explored in Red Dead Redemption and to be frank, I would really like to have something done to throw more light on the origin of the gang. 

There's stranger missions, challenges, bounties, upgrades, debt collecting, and all sorts of shit to do out of the story line. You can also set your own challenges. Like for me, I like to try to get every animal I can in my compendium. I just want to get them listed in it. Whether I fully get it or not is irrelevant. That means studied, killed, skinned/collected. As long as it's in my compendium in one way or another, I'm happy. I also like doing the same with the cigarette cards, horses, fish, weapons, and so on. It's not any kind of requirement for the game, and doesn't affect jack shit, I just find it fun.

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There's so much money to be made with a GTA VI. GTA V made billions on release, and still does. But the game is dated, and even though online is a hit, it too is getting dated. It's time for something new. Hell, GTA V has been out for nearly 10 years now. Will be next year. I know Rockstar and company want to make as much cash as possible, so they're going to let the well run dry for GTA V before moving on the GTA VI. It's pretty much 

I think eventually they have to make GTA VI, because they have to take advantage of the new consoles. Hell, they really didn't take full advantage of last gens consoles I feel. Especially with how RDR2 looked. We'll get one last remaster of GTA V and then hopefully GTA VI will get an announcement. I hope. 

As for RDR3, I'm all for it. But I hope this time around, they make the Undead Nightmare 2 DLC, because I was really disappointed they didn't release a sequel to it. But, I wouldn't doubt their intentions will be to focus more on supporting online than adding more content to the base game. 

I wasn't into Undead Nightmare. It just bored me and ruined the game in my eyes. But then I'm often a bit of a prude when it comes to games. Play it original, or don't play it at all.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Hell, they really didn't take full advantage of last gens consoles I feel. Especially with how RDR2 looked.

If I'm reading this right, are you saying you didn't like the graphics of RDR2? What's your gripe? Thee graphics were so realistic, that the first time I saw @Rain Dew playing it, I actually asked her what movie she was watching.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If I'm reading this right, are you saying you didn't like the graphics of RDR2? What's your gripe? Thee graphics were so realistic, that the first time I saw @Rain Dew playing it, I actually asked her what movie she was watching.

You're very correct about how realistic the graphics of RDR2 was. I can't find easily find any flaw in it based on how good it looked. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're very correct about how realistic the graphics of RDR2 was. I can't find easily find any flaw in it based on how good it looked. 

The very first time I watched the original official trailer, I was so desperate to play the game because it looked so real like it's a movie. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

The very first time I watched the original official trailer, I was so desperate to play the game because it looked so real like it's a movie. 

There was a movie that I watched some time ago that had similar scenes that's in the trailer especially the part where there were in train rails. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:43 PM, Kane99 said:

There's so much money to be made with a GTA VI. GTA V made billions on release, and still does. But the game is dated, and even though online is a hit, it too is getting dated. It's time for something new. Hell, GTA V has been out for nearly 10 years now. Will be next year. I know Rockstar and company want to make as much cash as possible, so they're going to let the well run dry for GTA V before moving on the GTA VI. It's pretty much 

I think eventually they have to make GTA VI, because they have to take advantage of the new consoles. Hell, they really didn't take full advantage of last gens consoles I feel. Especially with how RDR2 looked. We'll get one last remaster of GTA V and then hopefully GTA VI will get an announcement. I hope. 

As for RDR3, I'm all for it. But I hope this time around, they make the Undead Nightmare 2 DLC, because I was really disappointed they didn't release a sequel to it. But, I wouldn't doubt their intentions will be to focus more on supporting online than adding more content to the base game. 

It's actually why Rockstar isn't in any rush to make GTA VI because the 5th series is still paying them so much money than they had bargained for. Making GTA VI now would be a poor marketing strategy. 

There's only one thing about that RDR2 trailer that confuses me. It's at the end.

"Product not yet rated."

Who the hell didn't see this game getting an M rating? Seriously? There wasn't any sexual content that was graphic enough way to warrant an AO rating, and it's got way too much to only get a T rating. What dumbass was on the fence about it?

Edited by The Blackangel

48 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

There's only one thing about that RDR2 trailer that confuses me. It's at the end.

"Product not yet rated."

Who the hell didn't see this game getting an M rating? Seriously? There wasn't any sexual content that was graphic enough way to warrant an AO rating, and it's got way too much to only get a T rating. What dumbass was on the fence about it?

A friend of mine actually complained about that miss out on the product rating of the game but it's not really a big deal for me because I already know what I was looking out for and that never changed anything for me. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

"Product not yet rated."

That's something they should have taken care of right at the moment the game was being cooked up but hey they are expected to leave some things out either knowingly or unknowingly. 

40 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's something they should have taken care of right at the moment the game was being cooked up but hey they are expected to leave some things out either knowingly or unknowingly. 

Who knows whether or not they did it unknowingly but as far as I'm concerned, it's something they actually should have taken care of.