Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

GTA 4 WKTT Radio used real callers to rant about the world

On 2/14/2022 at 8:14 PM, Darth said:

Take Two didn't develop the trilogy, Grove Street games did. Take Two owns Rockstar Games so it would be very weird and unfortunate for them to come out and complain against their owners. They did make the mistake of choosing Grove Street games to do the remaster though.

You're very correct, I went to check for the update you brought here, it's simply the way you said it. I was thinking that Take-two was behind the creation of the game. Not knowing that Groove Street Games developed it. 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're very correct, I went to check for the update you brought here, it's simply the way you said it. I was thinking that Take-two was behind the creation of the game. Not knowing that Groove Street Games developed it. 

What I need to be clarified for me is to know whether Rockstar outsourced the game to Take Two and they have it given to Groove Street Games? 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

What I need to be clarified for me is to know whether Rockstar outsourced the game to Take Two and they have it given to Groove Street Games? 

I mentioned it a bit earlier in the thread but Take Two owns Rockstar Games. Not sure which company would have decided Grove Street Games was the best developer to handle the trilogy to but it probably was a joint decision. 

2 hours ago, Darth said:

I mentioned it a bit earlier in the thread but Take Two owns Rockstar Games. Not sure which company would have decided Grove Street Games was the best developer to handle the trilogy to but it probably was a joint decision. 

Rockstar has used Grove Street Games for a long time now. They originally made the mobile ports of GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas. Those are the versions we got in the Trilogy remastered set, just with updated controls (to match GTA V) and updated graphics. But, they didn't do the work 100%, because it was clearly not ready for primetime. They should have waited more before releasing that. 

33 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Rockstar has used Grove Street Games for a long time now. They originally made the mobile ports of GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas. Those are the versions we got in the Trilogy remastered set, just with updated controls (to match GTA V) and updated graphics. But, they didn't do the work 100%, because it was clearly not ready for primetime. They should have waited more before releasing that. 

Now, the question that I'm poked to ask is if they were forced to rush the making of the game which affected its output the way it did? 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, that's something that I felt probably prompted allowing Grove Street Games such responsibilities because they had been in bed together for far too long. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Grove Street Games probably felt they can do the game as they see fit and nothing is going to happen but they shoot themselves in the leg. 

I was thinking it's Take-Two that made the mistake, but I realized here it wasn't them. 

On 2/16/2022 at 12:57 AM, Boblee said:

They're simply joking with our understanding here buddy. I am seeing that, Rockstar simply gave it out to Groove street Games to create when Take-Two got lots of video game assignments to deliver. 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I was thinking it's Take-Two that made the mistake, but I realized here it wasn't them. 

They're simply joking with our understanding here buddy. I am seeing that, Rockstar simply gave it out to Groove street Games to create when Take-Two got lots of video game assignments to deliver. 

Well, it all ended up as bad call for them in which everything panned out with the game. No one was happy with the outcome in the end. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, it all ended up as bad call for them in which everything panned out with the game. No one was happy with the outcome in the end. 

It gave the company a very bad reputation but they are looking at ratifying everything as soon as possible in GTA 6.