Register Now
m76

6 reasons why live service games are terrible

12 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, That's why I stopped play Apex Legends - it was due of the lootboxes. I knew EA would screw it up one way or another...

Seriously, can EA ever be trusted not to be a letdown with such games? They have always been a disappointment in that section. 

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah same here, I remember there was this event were you could get some limited time special cosmectics, so I wasted my season pass coins on those loot boxes thinking I was probably going to get at least one special skin from the event. But after wasting the whole season pass coins I only gow a bunch of rare generic cosmectics and only one Limited cosmetic but for a gun, no actual character skin. So basically for 10 dlls I got shit xD

Luckily, I always carefully checked out everything because it was a game published by EA so that's never happened to me but that's typical EA for you...

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Luckily, I always carefully checked out everything because it was a game published by EA so that's never happened to me but that's typical EA for you...

EA is the last video game company that I'm going to trust blindly that they are going to deliver on their promises. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, can EA ever be trusted not to be a letdown with such games? They have always been a disappointment in that section. 

Sometimes they do stuff right but most of that is only with single player games like Jedi fallen order and It takes Two the later which actually won game of the year 2021. So yeah sometimes they do stuff right but it looks like only in Single player games. When it comes to multiplayer they always find a way to screw it up

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Sometimes they do stuff right but most of that is only with single player games like Jedi fallen order and It takes Two the later which actually won game of the year 2021. So yeah sometimes they do stuff right but it looks like only in Single player games. When it comes to multiplayer they always find a way to screw it up

Yeah, I can agree to some extent there about them getting their acts together with some of their single player games. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

You mean one or two times but majority of the time, they screw themselves over by being lazy and they normally find a way to screw up their best series - just look at Battlefield for example.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You mean one or two times but majority of the time, they screw themselves over by being lazy and they normally find a way to screw up their best series - just look at Battlefield for example.

Seriously, I was so pumped before the release of Battlefield 2042 and ended up disappointed when it came out the way it did. 

10 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The last good Battlefield game we got was battlefield bad company and that was like back in 2008 and also the first popular battlefield game on consoles

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

The last good Battlefield game we got was battlefield bad company and that was like back in 2008 and also the first popular battlefield game on consoles

Battlefield 2,3,4 and I were also pretty good games but ever since Battlefield V, the franchise has been on a total decline. Just when I thought EA couldn't do any worse than Battlefield V, 2042 completely upstages it.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, That's why I stopped play Apex Legends - it was due of the lootboxes. I knew EA would screw it up one way or another...

A friend of mine was actually promoting Apex Legends on how good it is a live service game but I know better. 

On 2/12/2022 at 9:21 PM, killamch89 said:

Battlefield 2,3,4 and I were also pretty good games but ever since Battlefield V, the franchise has been on a total decline. Just when I thought EA couldn't do any worse than Battlefield V, 2042 completely upstages it.

I was thinking that they would get their acts together in making Battlefield 2042 and they ended up shooting themselves in the leg. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was thinking that they would get their acts together in making Battlefield 2042 and they ended up shooting themselves in the leg. 

It didn't really surprise me because that's just typical EA but I was hoping for a game that worked at least? Good thing I didn't rush out and buy it and just tried out the beta. Saved me quite a bit there.