Register Now
kingpotato

League of Legends Wild Rift

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Fortnite doesnt have loot boxes. 

Verify the information your are providing before posting otherwise you are just looking like an ignorant.

You're very correct. Epic Games used to have loot boxes but they have it removed from the game and settled gamers. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/22/22295676/epic-games-fortnite-loot-box-lawsuit-settlement-rocket-league-v-bucks#:~:text=While Fortnite's massively popular battle,item inside prior to purchase.

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

xD, that's the reason why I said that they belong to the loot boxes class. It's one of those items that has made video games losing its value. Because you're paying money to have the best items to push you up ranking higher with other top players. If you don't buy skins, weapons, change characters to power characters you wouldn't progress in fortnite. I just hope 'League of Legends Wild Rift' isn't associated with that too. 

You are the one who doesnt understand. Skins are NOT  loot boxes, hell everything you are saying right now is wroooong. Obviusly you have never played fortnite in your life.  You dont need to buy skins to progress in the game, You cant buy weapons in Fortnite, You cant buy power ups for characters. A Loot box is literarly a gambling box or a suprise box where you dont know what the contents are. Fortnite doesnt have that. They sell skins for a fixed price so when you buy something you do know what you are paying for unlike the loot boxes where you dont know what you are getting. Dude is obvious that you dont know what loot boxes are and you dont know anything about fortnite either , if you dont know what you are talking about then dont comment in the first place. Its not about your opinion , loot boxes are not the same as single sold skins, thats a fact not a fucking opinion

OK, time to hit the breaks.

This thread has been of topic for quite long enough now. This was supposed to be about League of Legends: Wild Rift, not Fortnite or whether or not people know what a loot box is. @kingpotato, this is your thread and you are helping keeping this thread of the rails. I would expect the OP to try and keep things on topic, but if anything the opposite is true here. If you want to discuss these other "issues" with people such as @Justin11 or anybody else, do so in a PM or in a more appropriate thread please. I understand why you're frustrated here, but you handled this badly and I expect better from you.

And @Heatman and @Justin11, in the future if you see a thread go off the rails, don't join in with the the derailed conversation, it's only going to make it worse.

Also @Heatman, I must point out that this actually started with you and this post here;

image_2022-04-21_135938137.thumb.png.8371d9ebd0311832dd692d543dea1cda.png

When @Justin11 mentioned Fortnite in post you quoted, it was in reference. He said he was reminded of Fortnite by the trailer, so that's still on topic, but your post had no connection to the subject of the thread at all. And it was then @Justin11's misinformed quote of this where the trouble started. If you hadn't made the 100% irrelevant post, none of this would have happened. You have got to think things through. Just because somebody  references Fortnite in a LoL thread, it is not an invite to steer the conversation towards Fortnite and solely Fortnite. And we all saw the consequences. This is why it's import to stay on topic and just think for a moment before you post.

Edited by Shagger

3 hours ago, Shagger said:

OK, time to hit the breaks.

This thread has been of topic for quite long enough now. This was supposed to be about League of Legends: Wild Rift, not Fortnite or whether or not people know what a loot box is. @kingpotato, this is your thread and you are helping keeping this thread of the rails. I would expect the OP to try and keep things on topic, but if anything the opposite is true here. If you want to discuss these other "issues" with people such as @Justin11 or anybody else, do so in a PM or in a more appropriate thread please. I understand why you're frustrated here, but you handled this badly and I expect better from you.

And @Heatman and @Justin11, in the future if you see a thread go off the rails, don't join in with the the derailed conversation, it's only going to make it worse.

Also @Heatman, I must point out that this actually started with you and this post here;

image_2022-04-21_135938137.thumb.png.8371d9ebd0311832dd692d543dea1cda.png

When @Justin11 mentioned Fortnite in post you quoted, it was in reference. He said he was reminded of Fortnite by the trailer, so that's still on topic, but your post had no connection to the subject of the thread at all. And it was then @Justin11's misinformed quote of this where the trouble started. If you hadn't made the 100% irrelevant post, none of this would have happened. You have got to think things through. Just because somebody  references Fortnite in a LoL thread, it is not an invite to steer the conversation towards Fortnite and solely Fortnite. And we all saw the consequences. This is why it's import to stay on topic and just think for a moment before you post.

It wasn't intended at all mate to go off rails and I'm sorry about that but in the end at least I'm happy with one thing and it's getting @Justin11to understand what a loot box was, although that would have been done in the right thread of course.

So, sorry again for putting the train off the rails. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:02 AM, Heatman said:

Why do they do that with some games? Why limit its access to some part of the world when it's relatively delaying the game's sales? 

That might be because they have not set up servers in these locations.

7 minutes ago, egghead said:

That might be because they have not set up servers in these locations.

I used to think that it's got something to do with marketing but it doesn't seem like it as it appears to be something more than just marketing. Pre registering is the only way to get set for the in region it's not yet out.