Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Petition for Sony to approve Days Gone 2

On 8/24/2022 at 1:02 PM, Clasher said:

What is the fate of the game currently, was the petition able to convince Sony or compel them to allow the development of the game?

Who has any information about it here?

No idea. I doubt there's any news on a sequel. But there was rumors of Sony making a Days Gone tv show recently. 

That might be worth looking into. I don't recall who posted it though. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's the thing with these kind of petitions, once there's nothing like daily chatters to keep on putting it out there in a lot of gamers eyes to keep signing the petition, it's going to be very difficult to get it where it needed to be. 

The problem with change petitions is that they don't really do anything. Most of the time they just are a way to share ones displeasure or disliking of something or someone. I know in politics some petitions get sent to people in office, but I don't think those ever change anything. 

Some I'm sure do, but the majority get forgotten I would imagine. 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:49 PM, Kane99 said:

Some I'm sure do, but the majority get forgotten I would imagine. 

This is just the reality which we have been forced to face with this particular petition too because from all the looks of everything, this one seem to be cold dead already. 

On 3/6/2022 at 7:16 AM, Empire said:

Personally I just don’t believe they would put it on the shelf permanently. The game was a success and profitable for Sony. I think they will focus on other games and new IP’s in the present. Hopefully they will revisit a sequel in the future.

I do - Unless games are selling around Last Of Us numbers, they won't really invest in most of the other series. I can't remember when Sony indirectly alluded to it but they did say it before.

21 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

You can really blame Sony for taking the decision to cancel the release date for Days Gone 2. They felt let down by poor reviews, and while I don't know what happened behind the scenes, this is a big reason to cancel it.

When there's a low chance of making profits from their projects, it's only wise to pull the plug on it early before it's too late. I'm sure that's not the first time such a thing have happened with some game's. 

22 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

You can really blame Sony for taking the decision to cancel the release date for Days Gone 2. They felt let down by poor reviews, and while I don't know what happened behind the scenes, this is a big reason to cancel it.

I think it was more than the poor reviews. It was probably due to them not making a ton of money off if it. I don't know the sales totals, but I can't imagine it sold like God of War or Uncharted levels. But it still sold fairly good from what I remember, just not enough to warrant a sequel I guess. Maybe they realized a sequel wouldn't live up to the first one. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think it was more than the poor reviews. It was probably due to them not making a ton of money off if it. I don't know the sales totals, but I can't imagine it sold like God of War or Uncharted levels. But it still sold fairly good from what I remember, just not enough to warrant a sequel I guess. Maybe they realized a sequel wouldn't live up to the first one. 

If the game ever sold up to 60% of what the God of War franchise sold, it would be heavily supported by Sony. The last God of War did good numbers but I'm sure Ragnarok will beat it well. Sony knows very well that this one is already in the dead waters. 

It's a shame because days gone was one of the best exclusives on the ps4, not only did it have a great story and was it really fun to play especially with the constant threat from freakers on higher difficulties. The world was also a joy to explore aswell and deacon is a likeable character and i feel like there is so much potential as to what more you can do in that days gone world, maybe sony needs to do a beefed up ps5 version in a few years to see if there is still in interest in the franchise before deciding to give up on days gone all together.

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

It's a shame because days gone was one of the best exclusives on the ps4, not only did it have a great story and was it really fun to play especially with the constant threat from freakers on higher difficulties. The world was also a joy to explore aswell and deacon is a likeable character and i feel like there is so much potential as to what more you can do in that days gone world, maybe sony needs to do a beefed up ps5 version in a few years to see if there is still in interest in the franchise before deciding to give up on days gone all together.

I'd like them to do that as well but there was a report that came out a few years back that Sony will concentrate on the series that make them the most money such as Last Of Us and that's why you see them prioritise the LOS remake over a lot of other great series they have because it makes them more money.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd like them to do that as well but there was a report that came out a few years back that Sony will concentrate on the series that make them the most money such as Last Of Us and that's why you see them prioritise the LOS remake over a lot of other great series they have because it makes them more money.

You're damn right about that. Sony have gauged well and figured out it's more profitable to focus on game projects that more lucrative. It's even why they are hell bent on selling The Last Of Us Remake for a full price. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

If the game ever sold up to 60% of what the God of War franchise sold, it would be heavily supported by Sony. The last God of War did good numbers but I'm sure Ragnarok will beat it well. Sony knows very well that this one is already in the dead waters. 

I looked up the sales for Days Gone, and according to the director, it was close to 9 million copies sold, which I guess isn't too bad. Another game on the Sony side was Ghost of Tsushima, whish I guess sold 8 million in a year and that game was praised left and right. So maybe the OP does have a point. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I looked up the sales for Days Gone, and according to the director, it was close to 9 million copies sold, which I guess isn't too bad. Another game on the Sony side was Ghost of Tsushima, whish I guess sold 8 million in a year and that game was praised left and right. So maybe the OP does have a point. 

Now, that's a bummer. With that, it's definitely not that bad as it's pictured in terms of sales units. More than 9 million units sold a good margin of sales in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

To be honest, that's terrible - Then again it depends on what Sony's expectations were for Days Gone from the outset. If they were expecting it to make Last Of Us numbers, then Days Gone would be a disappointment compared to that which most of their other games would be as well.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, that's terrible - Then again it depends on what Sony's expectations were for Days Gone from the outset. If they were expecting it to make Last Of Us numbers, then Days Gone would be a disappointment compared to that which most of their other games would be as well.

The Last Of Us is a beast of a game. There's no chance in hell that Days Gone would make its numbers. It can try but it's never going to get there. 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, Heatman said:

Now, that's a bummer. With that, it's definitely not that bad as it's pictured in terms of sales units. More than 9 million units sold a good margin of sales in my opinion. 

Yeah I'd say 8 million sold isn't a bad number to hit, especially when other games get praised hitting that mark. If it's not numbers, maybe it's the ratings the game received. I think a lot of the reviews were mediocre reviews, and I think in turn that hurt the sales a bit. I remember seeing ads for this game quite a bit too, so they put a lot into marketing at least.