Register Now
Prof elohstar

FIGHTING FORCE.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, the graphics of games on PlayStation 1 weren't that good enough and it's why I didn't stress much on it. 

I disagree with you on this. I guess you were carried away with your favourite console back then and you couldn't put much interest on PlayStation 1. pS1 was among the best gaming console when it was released with better graphics. It was also well accepted because they introduced disc on it in instead of the regular cartridge.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have a very good reason to believe that most gamers who are still into playing games on PlayStation 1 aren't doing it for the graphics. 

Yes, because if you compare the graphics to the modern day console games, you wouldn't dare go play PS1 games. 

11 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Very correct bro. PlayStation 1 brought out a whole new graphics, upgraded games and varieties of games compared to what we were playing before it's released like Sega, nitendo and terminator 2.

That was the foundation of better graphics, and quality gameplay before others got more improvement. 

13 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Very correct bro. PlayStation 1 brought out a whole new graphics, upgraded games and varieties of games compared to what we were playing before it's released like Sega, nitendo and terminator 2.

Yeah, that's very correct. The more the consoles get upgraded, the better their graphics get. 

21 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

I disagree with you on this. I guess you were carried away with your favourite console back then and you couldn't put much interest on PlayStation 1. pS1 was among the best gaming console when it was released with better graphics. It was also well accepted because they introduced disc on it in instead of the regular cartridge.

You do have to admit that many of those (early) 3d games on the ps1, saturn, n64 and whatever else console there was have aged badly. If you diden't experience those system when they were around i can imagine it will be hard for somebody to get into.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:25 PM, Head_Hunter said:

When I asked my older friends who played on PS1 platform they told me the era was fun. I couldn't play it, I tried searching and playing it but noway. 

Offcourse it was a fun area, things were different then they are now but hell i spent many hours deep into the night playing ps1 and saturn on a small crt tv in my bedroom at my parents place without having to give a single fuck about anything. Nowadays that's kinda different, ah the enjoyment of being an adult haha.

15 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

You do have to admit that many of those (early) 3d games on the ps1, saturn, n64 and whatever else console there was have aged badly. If you diden't experience those system when they were around i can imagine it will be hard for somebody to get into.

Yeah, that's for sure. If you never played games on those systems way back then it's definitely going to very difficult for you to get into them now after playing on PS4 or PS5. 

18 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

You're on point. If one didn't experience pS1 at its peak, one will think that the graphics were bad not knowing that pS1 among others were awesome at their time.

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's only through the experience of the PS1 gamers you'll know if the console worth it back then. I think watching how the console is at YouTube will also aid my answers better. 

Some gamers jumped the PlayStation 1 generation games and started from PS2. It's something that very common for most people. 

On 3/16/2022 at 2:52 PM, Heatman said:

I have a very good reason to believe that most gamers who are still into playing games on PlayStation 1 aren't doing it for the graphics. 

Not at all. Gamers who are still playing PlayStation 1 it's either because that's the console they have access to or a side game console they play at their leisure.

18 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Not at all. Gamers who are still playing PlayStation 1 it's either because that's the console they have access to or a side game console they play at their leisure.

It's pure love for the game and the game's design. If not, I would find it hard to see any good reason they would still play on it. 

On 3/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, Heatman said:

It's pure love for the game and the game's design. If not, I would find it hard to see any good reason they would still play on it. 

Well you may be right. Some have pure love for PlayStation 1 such that they still play it. I have a friend who do buy same products repeatedly especially on phones and electronics. I mean if he buys a particular phone and he likes it, if that phone get spoilt or lost, he will buy the same phone again. I can't do such.

11 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well you may be right. Some have pure love for PlayStation 1 such that they still play it. I have a friend who do buy same products repeatedly especially on phones and electronics. I mean if he buys a particular phone and he likes it, if that phone get spoilt or lost, he will buy the same phone again. I can't do such.

Yeah, just like the guy that I saw last week in a mall getting Playstation 1 when there is Playstation 4 to get. It's love for it.