Register Now
NightmareFarm

Is post-patch cyberpunk worth it on PS5?

Since the patch i've considered getting it. It's unplayable on current gen consoles which is a good sign that it properly takes advantage of next gen hardware. The game itself looks nice and I haven't played too many open world games.

Has the patch made it a great game? Before I hear it was unplayable so i'm kind of sceptical. 

I tried the demo for a bit both on the Series X and the PS5 and I have to say, it looks great and it runs well. But I realised not too far into the game that it probably wasn't for me. Nothing to do with the gameplay but it just felt a bit boring. But that's probably my fault for not playing it for longer than just the first few missions.

9 minutes ago, Darth said:

I tried the demo for a bit both on the Series X and the PS5 and I have to say, it looks great and it runs well. But I realised not too far into the game that it probably wasn't for me. Nothing to do with the gameplay but it just felt a bit boring. But that's probably my fault for not playing it for longer than just the first few missions.

In what ways was it boring? Too much slow walking or something?

Actually, since that last patch it’s playable on ps4 now cause I’ve been playing it with no bug issues. Still too soon to tell if that lasts. The picture quality is top notch. Haven’t had any lag issues. But if you have ps5 then by all means it’s worth a try. Would suck to get a ps4 version and half way through it gets corrupted. 

20 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

In what ways was it boring? Too much slow walking or something?

Too much dialogue for one but that might have been just because it was the introduction to the game. You can mostly skip dialogue but there was one bit where you couldn't do it which annoyed me.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:32 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Since the patch i've considered getting it. It's unplayable on current gen consoles which is a good sign that it properly takes advantage of next gen hardware. The game itself looks nice and I haven't played too many open world games.

Has the patch made it a great game? Before I hear it was unplayable so i'm kind of sceptical. 

It's better now from what I have heard and read about it. It took them a while before they were able to get it done right. It's a big lesson to the company.