Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Tennessee republican bill allowing child marriage and ban gay marriage

In Tennessee, it wasn’t until 2018 where they finally put a ban on child marriage, and nationally gay marriage was legalized in 2015 in all states. So this new bill HB 0233 introduced in 2022 by republicans in Tennessee targets gay marriage by trying to change the process of getting married and not recognizing gay marriages or gay marriage benefits. The bill also reinstates child marriage. Geez, it’s only been 4 years since they had a ban on child marriage and now they want it back? As far as gay marriage, these republicans want to state sanction those the right to deny performing same sex marriages. And they want to completely change how straight marriages work by allowing only straight couples get married without a license through common law or using pastors, who obviously won’t marry a gay couple. And over time that will weed out licenses of gay marriage as well as any tax benefits of marriage. This article explains the scheme better than I can. I have a hard time wrapping my head over this kind of stupid.

https://www.salon.com/2022/04/06/tennessees-child-marriage-bill-pushes-another-purpose-gutting-same-marriage/

That's stupid indeed. I don't see any reasons why they should ban gay marriage and leaving child marriage. Child marriage aren't good to me, because children aren't psychologically ready for marriage, they need to be adults to be fit for marriage. 

Over on The Ring Of Fire, Farron covered this a few days ago and it absolutely made me sick. basically what they're doing is legalizing pedophilia. They're giving pedophiles a door to rape children by saying they're going to marry them. Then when the child gets too old to turn them on anymore, they'll file for divorce, and repeat the whole process over again. And in all this, they leave a child so traumatized that the probability of them taking their own life is exponentially higher than it would have been otherwise. Even if their mother tries to hug them they will recoil in terror.

I was sexually assaulted in 2016 on a cruise, and I haven't even been able to be touched by even @Rain Dew ever since. I freak out when my doctor tries to listen to my lungs, because my mind tells me he's looking for the opportunity. Sexual violence always fucks the victim up, no matter their age, but especially children.

This is so ridiculous that it's actually hard to believe.  How could anyone be so obsessed with preventing two consenting adults of the same gender from getting married yet through will and/or negligence make it legal to marry a child?  What the fuck is wrong with these people, It blows my mind.