Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when your gaming tech dies as you wait for new items to arrive?

My interest dipped around video games but not dipped totally to the extent I never want to play, no. It dipped in because I was working on many projects at some point in my life. But now, I'm a work from home adult. So, it has given me some time too to play and make fun and not being workaholic all day long. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

My interest dipped around video games but not dipped totally to the extent I never want to play, no. It dipped in because I was working on many projects at some point in my life. But now, I'm a work from home adult. So, it has given me some time too to play and make fun and not being workaholic all day long. 

Working from home is great, it gives you so much freedom. Of course I have to keep hours and all that, but to be able to do the work I need to do in the comfort of my own home, helps a ton. And also, I don't need to deal with co-workers all day, or see people in general. It's lovely. 😄 

So yeah, if my gaming stuff ends up dying on me one day, I'll just find something else to do or focus more into my work. That's always a good idea too.

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Working from home is great, it gives you so much freedom. Of course I have to keep hours and all that, but to be able to do the work I need to do in the comfort of my own home, helps a ton. And also, I don't need to deal with co-workers all day, or see people in general. It's lovely. 😄 

So yeah, if my gaming stuff ends up dying on me one day, I'll just find something else to do or focus more into my work. That's always a good idea too.

Your last sentence said it all. When you can't reach out to video game, you better concentrate on your job and save up to get another. I am not a kid anymore, I can't push myself hard when I can't have it at that time, I just have to exercise patience and wait for my moment. 

On 8/4/2022 at 7:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I think as we get older, our interests lessen a bit. I don't get as excited for video games as I used to. I still get the urge to game on occasion, especially with RDR2 and Powerwash sim recently, but there are times where I don't feel like gaming. I haven't touched my Xbox one much for games in months now since I got a gaming PC. I used to game on it all the time, but my PC does just fine for me. And even so, I only seem to game at night and for a couple hours. Some nights I don't game at all and just watch movies, tv and youtube. 

I think RDR2 is one of those such games you don't easily get tired of.

Though I don't play as much as I used to I still find myself playing RDR2 anytime I get the chance to.

Which of your gaming tech that you can't really cope without if it eventually goes bad?

Mine would be my PC.

In the past if my main console dies out, I would also jump back into the previous generation of gaming. So if my 360 died, I started to play my PS2 again. I did this fairly often when I had the RRoD, I would just hook up my PS2 and get some more life out of it. 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I think RDR2 is one of those such games you don't easily get tired of.

Though I don't play as much as I used to I still find myself playing RDR2 anytime I get the chance to.

Which of your gaming tech that you can't really cope without if it eventually goes bad?

Mine would be my PC.

Yes and no. The first time I played it I got kinda bored with it. Especially after I beat it. Which is why I have decided to play it a lot slower. I want to 100% sent it, or get all side stuff done before the end of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yes and no. The first time I played it I got kinda bored with it. Especially after I beat it. Which is why I have decided to play it a lot slower. I want to 100% sent it, or get all side stuff done before the end of the game. 

I think that's could be true to an extent which is why I said it's a game you just wouldn't want to let go of without fully digesting it's contents.

10 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

In the past if my main console dies out, I would also jump back into the previous generation of gaming. So if my 360 died, I started to play my PS2 again. I did this fairly often when I had the RRoD, I would just hook up my PS2 and get some more life out of it

I did that too but not usually when my console dies.

When I got my ps4 and still had my PS3 I sometimes go back to my PS3 console to play some of my previous games. 

On 8/3/2022 at 7:56 PM, Kane99 said:

Of course. It's not like gaming is all we do after all. We have lives outside of gaming. I like to hang out with friends, go to the movies, and more. I feel like I could easily live without gaming for a couple months. 

True, anytime you're stuck staring at a screen for hours on end, isn't good for anyone. I do a lot of gaming, and stare at screens a lot, but taking breaks, and having good lighting in your room helps. As well, using those yellow tint option on your screen, I think it's like a night light mode idk, it tints your screen a yellow, so that it's easier on your eyes. 

Take a lot of breaks. Sitting for a long time is not good for blood circulation. That's why I think it's like recommended to get up for a break every two hours of sitting down. 

None of my gaming system have ever broken down on me yet apart from my controllers messing up once in a while which I wouldn't take time to replace. But in everything, I always make sure to observe a break session if I'm just home playing games without having another thing to attend to. 

Edited by Heatman

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

None of my gaming system have ever broken down on me yet apart from my controllers messing up once in a while which I wouldn't take time to replace. But in everything, I always make sure to observe a break session if I'm just home playing games without having another thing to attend to. 

That's awesome, glad to hear you haven't had to deal with a broken down console. 

I have dealt with my share of broken controllers too. Mostly 360 controllers but also Xbox one and PS2. I always had issues with my PS2 controllers breaking on me. 

I think it all comes down to how long you use your controllers. Because with prolonged use, they will eventually break down from use. 

41 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

That's awesome, glad to hear you haven't had to deal with a broken down console. 

I have dealt with my share of broken controllers too. Mostly 360 controllers but also Xbox one and PS2. I always had issues with my PS2 controllers breaking on me. 

I think it all comes down to how long you use your controllers. Because with prolonged use, they will eventually break down from use. 

I also think that the kind of video games that you have to play which determines how you use the controllers also have a huge impact on how often the controllers gets damages often.

It happened much with my PS2 controllers as well because I played FIFA with my friends all the time and it was used by different players. If it was only me that was using it, it wouldn't damage too often.