Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when your gaming tech dies as you wait for new items to arrive?

At this time I don't see myself being stranded with video games, even if my console damages over night. I have my two mobile device intact, I have good games on them. Unless my three gaming device have to damage at once, which isn't possible. 

On 7/8/2022 at 9:06 PM, Clasher said:

I can't even give you my PlayStation 4 for a single  day let alone for a weekend, if you want to play you can just come over my place and enjoy but I don't lend out my consoles unless I want to gift it to the person.

Stingy @Clasher😂

Well, it depends on how close you are to me as friend that's going to determine if I'd be open to having you take my console home for the weekend especially if I'm not going to be home that weekend. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Stingy @Clasher😂

Well, it depends on how close you are to me as friend that's going to determine if I'd be open to having you take my console home for the weekend especially if I'm not going to be home that weekend. 

To be stingy means I wouldn't even let you play video games with my Console at my place.

I am even as generous enough to give you some playing time for free and you aren't satisfied with that 😅

If only you knew how much people pay for just a few minutes of game play at the game houses in my neighborhood.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:17 AM, Clasher said:

To be stingy means I wouldn't even let you play video games with my Console at my place.

I am even as generous enough to give you some playing time for free and you aren't satisfied with that 😅

If only you knew how much people pay for just a few minutes of game play at the game houses in my neighborhood.

You're right about how good a business it is for those who run a game house. Even though they keep replacing their controllers and buying lots of games, they are making decent profit from it. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're right about how good a business it is for those who run a game house. Even though they keep replacing their controllers and buying lots of games, they are making decent profit from it. 

Yeah, so now you know I am the most generous fella could find around. Lol

I enjoy playing with friends a lot though.

Most times when are not playing video games together we all just sit and enjoy some really good movies together.

These days I don't game much anyway, so if I need a break from gaming because of a broken device or something, I'll just be patient and wait it out like I do already when things happen. It sucks, but I find I can live without gaming for a few weeks to a month or more. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

These days I don't game much anyway, so if I need a break from gaming because of a broken device or something, I'll just be patient and wait it out like I do already when things happen. It sucks, but I find I can live without gaming for a few weeks to a month or more. 

In this situation, one wouldn't have to kill himself or herself because of the need to play games unless the person is critically addicted, then it's going to be a very difficult challenge for the person to stay without the game's for a while before having the gaming system replaced. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

In this situation, one wouldn't have to kill himself or herself because of the need to play games unless the person is critically addicted, then it's going to be a very difficult challenge for the person to stay without the game's for a while before having the gaming system replaced. 

Oh goodness, nothing like that. I think most people are capable of waiting to get their console/devices back. I've had to wait weeks for some products to come in from the mail after I had to get something replaced. It sucks, but it also gives you time to do other things that you normally don't do. I would watch movies, youtube, listen to music, relax, hang out with friends and so much more. 

I say, if your gaming tech dies and it'll take a while to replace or repair it, I say get out and experience some of what life has to offer. 🙂

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I say, if your gaming tech dies and it'll take a while to replace or repair it, I say get out and experience some of what life has to offer. 🙂

This sums it all up mate 😅

Video gaming is fun but there is more to life outside those screens why not experience some of them while you wait for a new gaming tech.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh goodness, nothing like that. I think most people are capable of waiting to get their console/devices back. I've had to wait weeks for some products to come in from the mail after I had to get something replaced. It sucks, but it also gives you time to do other things that you normally don't do. I would watch movies, youtube, listen to music, relax, hang out with friends and so much more. 

If we look at it very critically, excessive screen time isn't too good for one's general health. I think with excessive playing and suddenly the gaming system breaks down, it's a cue that you also need to take a break too before what happened to your gaming set happens to you as well. 

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

This sums it all up mate 😅

Video gaming is fun but there is more to life outside those screens why not experience some of them while you wait for a new gaming tech.

Of course. It's not like gaming is all we do after all. We have lives outside of gaming. I like to hang out with friends, go to the movies, and more. I feel like I could easily live without gaming for a couple months. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

If we look at it very critically, excessive screen time isn't too good for one's general health. I think with excessive playing and suddenly the gaming system breaks down, it's a cue that you also need to take a break too before what happened to your gaming set happens to you as well. 

True, anytime you're stuck staring at a screen for hours on end, isn't good for anyone. I do a lot of gaming, and stare at screens a lot, but taking breaks, and having good lighting in your room helps. As well, using those yellow tint option on your screen, I think it's like a night light mode idk, it tints your screen a yellow, so that it's easier on your eyes. 

Take a lot of breaks. Sitting for a long time is not good for blood circulation. That's why I think it's like recommended to get up for a break every two hours of sitting down. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:28 AM, Dannyjax said:

My guys are too sticky with their consoles. They would never agree to borrow you but rather, they would have you come over and play at their place. 

That's perfectly acceptable - I mean, it's not exactly yours so you can't tell them what to do with their consoles.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:22 AM, Heatman said:

Till today, a friend of mine who's got Playstation 5 have never agreed to allow me take it for just a weekend. He would rather have me come and spend the weekend at his place then let me take his PS5. 

I don't see a problem with that - if it doesn't belong to you, you can't dictate whether or not someone is supposed to lend you their console.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Of course. It's not like gaming is all we do after all. We have lives outside of gaming. I like to hang out with friends, go to the movies, and more. I feel like I could easily live without gaming for a couple months. 

I don't play video games as much as I used to in the past.

If my gaming tech dies I just wait for a new one but back then this wouldn't be the case I would usually go out to game houses to satisfy my need to play video games while I wait for the new device.

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't play video games as much as I used to in the past.

If my gaming tech dies I just wait for a new one but back then this wouldn't be the case I would usually go out to game houses to satisfy my need to play video games while I wait for the new device.

I think as we get older, our interests lessen a bit. I don't get as excited for video games as I used to. I still get the urge to game on occasion, especially with RDR2 and Powerwash sim recently, but there are times where I don't feel like gaming. I haven't touched my Xbox one much for games in months now since I got a gaming PC. I used to game on it all the time, but my PC does just fine for me. And even so, I only seem to game at night and for a couple hours. Some nights I don't game at all and just watch movies, tv and youtube.