Register Now
Yaramaki

Have you ever been burned out on video games?

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Have you seen anyone who plays just one video game? There's a friend of mine who's just like that and he's never bored or burnt out from playing the same game over and over again. I keep wondering how he keeps that up because it's not something possible for me to do. He's been stuck in Mass Effect series ever since I have known him. 

I know a friend that only plays FIFA and nothing else, he is all about soccer and has played virtually all games from the series using various consoles.

Playing one form of video game is weird, because at some point I'll get bored. I love to have list of games, make different selections of games. Even if I have plenty of games on a particular genre than others, at least they aren't the same, they're gameplay differs. 

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know a friend that only plays FIFA and nothing else, he is all about soccer and has played virtually all games from the series using various consoles.

Seriously, that's going to be very difficult for me to me. Repeating the same game over years will strike out the fun in it for and when it comes to FIFA games, there's nothing really new in the game they keep copying over the next release. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

No one will believe that I played Motorcycle related games for three months non stop. I didn't play any further games during that period, and I did not burn out too, because I managed my time well. 

It depends on how often you were playing the Motorcycle games for that 3 months which I presume it's still your Motor GP 21. If you planned your gaming in a way that it's not going to bore you and burn you out quickly, 3 months isn't that too long the way I see it. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It depends on how often you were playing the Motorcycle games for that 3 months which I presume it's still your Motor GP 21. If you planned your gaming in a way that it's not going to bore you and burn you out quickly, 3 months isn't that too long the way I see it. 

Yes, three months aren't that too long for me. I played the game 'MGP 21 within 1-2 hours each everyday, I didn't soak myself in repeatedly. If not, it could've bored me, I played with caution. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, three months aren't that too long for me. I played the game 'MGP 21 within 1-2 hours each everyday, I didn't soak myself in repeatedly. If not, it could've bored me, I played with caution. 

The key point in how you played for that 3 months is that too much of everything is bad. You tried as much as you possibly can not to abuse that and it's why you came out playing the game in that 3 months unscathed. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

The key point in how you played for that 3 months is that too much of everything is bad. You tried as much as you possibly can not to abuse that and it's why you came out playing the game in that 3 months unscathed. 

That's true, I left it unscathed and not playing it too much. Some days I don't play any game at all. Whenever I tuned my console on, it is just me and the game lol. 

I'd say I burnt myself out on GTA games, and any games like them. Just tired of driving to a destination, do a job, go back collect money, repeat. 

Same with cod games. I'm done with them because I have no interest in wasting my time on them anymore. If my friends want to play MW3, I'll be there. 😄

Yes, in fact not to long ago 🙂 I'm a flight simulator, that means I do flying and more flying and put in hours in the flight sims. So much hours that at times I do over 100 hours a week. ALso I stream it all on Twitch and make content for it 🙂 Why fly when you can share and fly, right..?

Anyway, bad week, putting in six to eight hours of streams in a day, making myself doing 24 hours of streaming in less then three days of two streams, with people or viewers being pooped at me at the same time, it can BURN YOU OUT.

I'm overkilling myself at times doing overkill times

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'd say I burnt myself out on GTA games, and any games like them. Just tired of driving to a destination, do a job, go back collect money, repeat. 

Same with cod games. I'm done with them because I have no interest in wasting my time on them anymore. If my friends want to play MW3, I'll be there. 😄

After playing Call of Duty Vanguard, I had to call it on the game. I got tired of it and most likely not going to play it again. If I'm ever to go back into playing any Call of Duty games, it's going to Black Ops 2.

1 hour ago, Rainbow Road said:

There was I time that I was burned out on games in general. It was 2014, Then I started back in 2018 and have been playing games since. 

Wow!! You took 4 years out to cool off. I'm sure that must have worked out very well for you. What were you doing as a cover up or make up with not playing video games for that 4 years? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Wow!! You took 4 years out to cool off. I'm sure that must have worked out very well for you. What were you doing as a cover up or make up with not playing video games for that 4 years? 

I was into music and on top of that was busy with my car collection and then taking care of family. 

Is easier that way, I wouldn't just stay off from video games, when I'm not doing anything tangible. Of something is taking my time and brings me better return, it can drift away my gaming time, and I wouldn't bother much since I'm making use of my time too.