Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about paying full price for new versions of games you already bought?

Remakes actually have a different vibe to it and if you are a fan of the previous game and want to experience it in a whole different way then that's basically the purpose of a remake.

If the last of us remake is eventually released I know a lot of gamers would be willing to purchase it at the full price because the previous game was good and would be curious to know what could be added to the remake.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Remakes actually have a different vibe to it and if you are a fan of the previous game and want to experience it in a whole different way then that's basically the purpose of a remake.

If the last of us remake is eventually released I know a lot of gamers would be willing to purchase it at the full price because the previous game was good and would be curious to know what could be added to the remake.

True, the fan base will often be more interested in a remaster. But, some will be unhappy because of the price tag. I don't think most would care, but I feel like some fans have made a fuss already about the price being the same or more than the original game. Just feels like they're asking for too much. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

True, the fan base will often be more interested in a remaster. But, some will be unhappy because of the price tag. I don't think most would care, but I feel like some fans have made a fuss already about the price being the same or more than the original game. Just feels like they're asking for too much. 

It's a known fact that they are asking for too more than they should but because they know very well that The Last Of Us fans really loved and enjoyed the game, they would be willing to pay for whatever price they tag it irrespective of their nagging about it being expensive. 

At this point it's all just for money. They can create new fancy character models and do some work on gameplay, but it didn't need to happen. It's the same thing that happened with the Spider-man remaster. Why did they have to change the character model? To me, that just screams cash grab, because I don't think people care too much for another HD upscale of a game that already looked damn good even on the PS3. 

Yeah it's nice to get an HD upscale/remake of a popular game, but I feel like it's way too soon for a lot of games. It's just recapturing the glory of the game as much as possible. Once a PS6 comes out, who's to say they won't make yet another remaster of the first game? 

They could also be using this time to develop a new game in the series, or a new franchise even. I know that a lot of these remasters are tossed to smaller studios, but still, I feel like those smaller studios could be tasked with making something they really want to make. That's another thing, developers tasked with making remasters and remakes, must hate it, because it takes them away from developing brand new ideas. 

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah that's true about the nature of remakes because they start the over from the scratch. It's probably part of the reason why they feel it's necessary to peg it at full price because they in a way see it as a new game. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah that's true about the nature of remakes because they start the over from the scratch. It's probably part of the reason why they feel it's necessary to peg it at full price because they in a way see it as a new game. 

On another thought, the could just make a sequel but that would cost more because they would have to make a continuity plot of Maybe a different story, a remake would tell the sand story but play differently in some cases and that is just strategy to make some easy extra bucks off a previous game.

And some remakes are done based on popular demand trying to satisfy the wants of their fans.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

On another thought, the could just make a sequel but that would cost more because they would have to make a continuity plot of Maybe a different story, a remake would tell the sand story but play differently in some cases and that is just strategy to make some easy extra bucks off a previous game.

And some remakes are done based on popular demand trying to satisfy the wants of their fans.

Well, there's a possibility in them doing that but they are sure as hell fixated on the remake for now. It's just like the remake of Dead Space that's coming out soon on 27th January 2023. There's a big chance that I would be getting the game on release. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Well, there's a possibility in them doing that but they are sure as hell fixated on the remake for now. It's just like the remake of Dead Space that's coming out soon on 27th January 2023. There's a big chance that I would be getting the game on release. 

I haven't played any of the previous titles of dead space and I am still considering getting into the game.

If you have played it would you be willing to pay full price for the remake of dead space?

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

I haven't played any of the previous titles of dead space and I am still considering getting into the game.

If you have played it would you be willing to pay full price for the remake of dead space?

The remake is set to be sold for $29.99 of I remembered correctly from when I checked it last. I believe that it's cheaper on pre order but I'm not a fan of getting games on pre order for now. 

36 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The remake is set to be sold for $29.99 of I remembered correctly from when I checked it last. I believe that it's cheaper on pre order but I'm not a fan of getting games on pre order for now. 

There currently is no known price tag for the Dead Space Remake, and it doesn't look like you can pre-order it at the moment. It's very unlikely it will go for $29.99, considering it's a remake and not a remaster. A remaster is just a fancy upgrade with better visuals and performance, but a remake is usually something from the ground up. And from what I heard, the remake is built from the ground up with improvements and other things. I can see this going for full price, possible $60, but most likely the new price tag of $70 that games seem to be going for these days. 

It's also been delayed until 2023 according to this article - https://www.windowscentral.com/report-dead-space-remake-launch-early-2023

Edited by Kane99

28 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

There currently is no known price tag for the Dead Space Remake, and it doesn't look like you can pre-order it at the moment. It's very unlikely it will go for $29.99, considering it's a remake and not a remaster. A remaster is just a fancy upgrade with better visuals and performance, but a remake is usually something from the ground up. And from what I heard, the remake is built from the ground up with improvements and other things. I can see this going for full price, possible $60, but most likely the new price tag of $70 that games seem to be going for these days. 

It's also been delayed until 2023 according to this article - https://www.windowscentral.com/report-dead-space-remake-launch-early-2023

I think that I'm wrong about the price of the game, I'm still going to look into it and see if I can get something more concrete on it. But if it's getting sold at $70, I'm most likely going to boycott it. As for the game's release date, it's been made official to be released on 27th January, 2023. 

You can read more about it Here

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I think that I'm wrong about the price of the game, I'm still going to look into it and see if I can get something more concrete on it. But if it's getting sold at $70, I'm most likely going to boycott it. As for the game's release date, it's been made official to be released on 27th January, 2023. 

Why boycott it? The game is being made from the ground up, it's not a typical remaster in the sense that they just re-release it with fancy upgrades. This is being rebuilt into a completely new game. I think when it comes to that, the price point (either $70 or $60) is more fair. Considering it's not just a quick remaster. If it was a remaster for $70, then I would join you in not getting it, because I don't think a remaster of a game deserves to be priced at full price like that. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Why boycott it? The game is being made from the ground up, it's not a typical remaster in the sense that they just re-release it with fancy upgrades. This is being rebuilt into a completely new game. I think when it comes to that, the price point (either $70 or $60) is more fair. Considering it's not just a quick remaster. If it was a remaster for $70, then I would join you in not getting it, because I don't think a remaster of a game deserves to be priced at full price like that. 

The only thing that's going to make it possible for me to consider getting the game would be if it's really worth that $70 or $60 after it's released. We all know what EA is capable of doing with their games. If they prove to really give some to the gamers in it, then I will be open to buying it at that amount, otherwise it's not a price that's reasonable for me. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

The only thing that's going to make it possible for me to consider getting the game would be if it's really worth that $70 or $60 after it's released. We all know what EA is capable of doing with their games. If they prove to really give some to the gamers in it, then I will be open to buying it at that amount, otherwise it's not a price that's reasonable for me. 

Fair, but this game is being built from the ground up, which makes it more than a remaster. When I hear "Remake" I think of a game that's completely new, but has the same ideas and story, has new controls, animations, design, etc. I hope it doesn't price out at $70, but with how most other games are jumping to that price now, I can see this remake being priced as so. I also just checked Amazon for some of the upcoming EA games, and Madden 23 for example is priced at $70 for the new gen versions. So my guess is that it'll go for $70 as well. 

But, I'll just wait for a while until the price drops before I pick it up. That's what I do for most games these days anyway. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:17 PM, Heatman said:

I find this a bit hilarious because you seem to be really interested in a video game but then the price always deter you from getting them eventually.

I think these video game developers should work more on making their prices a bit market friendly I think that way they would be able to sell more though they are still people who don't mind about the price at all.