Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about paying full price for new versions of games you already bought?

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Lol

I have bought some remakes immediately they were released , but I wouldn't do that for just any game.

Sometimes I wait for several months or even a year before I get into a video game that has been released.

To each their own I say. If you really want to get that updated version, I say go for it. But for me, I just can't see myself paying $60 or more for a remake of a game that I already paid $60 for. I'm cool with a cheaper price tag, but full price doesn't feel fair to me. 

But, I just don't buy it. I vote with my wallet, even though it's not much. I just wait until a sale pops up and grab the game then. I won't pay full price anymore. I'm patient. 😄 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:35 AM, Clasher said:

Everyone has a choice to either move on to a new game or buy the new version of an already played video game at the same price as the original version.

It doesn't really mean  it's wrong but as long as you can afford it then you could go for it.

Exactly, it's giving me a lot of concern with the new release of the remake of The Last Of Us they are planning on. I do love that game so much but I would only have to wait for so long before the price comes down in order for me to buy it. Unless of course if someone decides to buy it for it sooner than I have to wait. 

With the Last of us remastered, yeah that's a fair point. It's not like we have to buy it. I know I won't, because I don't feel like I need to retread that water so to say. I played the first game on the PS3, and I feel I don't need to revisit it with more fancy graphics. 

But there are other games I would like to see remasters of, but I hope they don't make it full price like most newer games. On top of that, I feel like remakes in general are fine to list at full price, because they're usually built from the ground up. So I can see the price being fair there. 

But I don't like when a game that's already been remastered releases another remaster for full price. I think they charged $60 for the first last of us remaster. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

With the Last of us remastered, yeah that's a fair point. It's not like we have to buy it. I know I won't, because I don't feel like I need to retread that water so to say. I played the first game on the PS3, and I feel I don't need to revisit it with more fancy graphics. 

But there are other games I would like to see remasters of, but I hope they don't make it full price like most newer games. On top of that, I feel like remakes in general are fine to list at full price, because they're usually built from the ground up. So I can see the price being fair there. 

But I don't like when a game that's already been remastered releases another remaster for full price. I think they charged $60 for the first last of us remaster. 

The Last Of Us Remastered back then was sold $70 for the basic edition, $80 for the Digital Deluxe version and $100 for the Firefly Edition. They really milked gamers for that remastered version of the game and gamers did spent on it very well. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

The Last Of Us Remastered back then was sold $70 for the basic edition, $80 for the Digital Deluxe version and $100 for the Firefly Edition. They really milked gamers for that remastered version of the game and gamers did spent on it very well. 

$60 since that was the PS4 remaster. But close enough. I never bothered with the extra editions. Just give me the base game and I'm good. If I had the money I probably would get the collectors edition instead. But I'm cheap and I never feel like I need all the extras anyway. 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:04 AM, Grungie said:

If it’s a port or HD remaster, I find it pretty shady. If it’s a full on remake, I’ll gladly pay full price.

these are my thoughts exactly, I just wish owners of a game that existed could get a discount on just a remaster version though. 😐

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

$60 since that was the PS4 remaster. But close enough. I never bothered with the extra editions. Just give me the base game and I'm good. If I had the money I probably would get the collectors edition instead. But I'm cheap and I never feel like I need all the extras anyway. 

Yeah, that was the exact same thing I did. I never bother about the Digital Deluxe version or the Firefly Edition. I'm very good with the basic edition. 

4 hours ago, Gonassis said:

these are my thoughts exactly, I just wish owners of a game that existed could get a discount on just a remaster version though. 😐

In all honesty, that's how it's supposed to be but these companies greedy wouldn't let them offer any sort of discount and not to talk about giving it for free. 

On 8/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's giving me a lot of concern with the new release of the remake of The Last Of Us they are planning on. I do love that game so much but I would only have to wait for so long before the price comes down in order for me to buy it. Unless of course if someone decides to buy it for it sooner than I have to wait. 

I was actually wishing for a the last of us part 3 but since there is no news about it been a reality anytime soon I think I would just wait and see what they bring out with the remake.

Played the last of us part 2 twice , Maybe the remake would give a whole new meaning to it.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

I was actually wishing for a the last of us part 3 but since there is no news about it been a reality anytime soon I think I would just wait and see what they bring out with the remake.

Played the last of us part 2 twice , Maybe the remake would give a whole new meaning to it.

Well, from the path that they have laid down, it's definitely possible for them to develop The Last Of Us Part III. It's just not the time for it now but it's going to happen. Maybe after this their remake of the first game, we would start hearing something about a 3rd release. 

Unless, they decide to end it at the second release which it's going to be their loss because I'm sure a good number of their fans are looking forward to it. 

21 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Well, from the path that they have laid down, it's definitely possible for them to develop The Last Of Us Part III. It's just not the time for it now but it's going to happen. Maybe after this their remake of the first game, we would start hearing something about a 3rd release. 

Unless, they decide to end it at the second release which it's going to be their loss because I'm sure a good number of their fans are looking forward to it. 

That's true.

So would you be willing to pay full price for the last of us remake when it is finally out?

19 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's true.

So would you be willing to pay full price for the last of us remake when it is finally out?

Naaah!! As much as I would like to play the game immediately it's not out, I wouldn't be willing to pay that full amount for it. I'm going to wait for the price to fall or they run some sort of discount promotion for it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Naaah!! As much as I would like to play the game immediately it's not out, I wouldn't be willing to pay that full amount for it. I'm going to wait for the price to fall or they run some sort of discount promotion for it. 

Alright

I could get it at the full price though but that would totally depend on the reviews because there are going to be alot of them a few days after it is released.

Even if their is motorcycle GP 22 game available, and I have the chance to override it for my current motorcycle GP 21, and paying full amount for it. Definitely I'll reject such option, I still love MGP 21, and I wouldn't upgrade to it's sequel easily, because their is similar features no much difference. 

I think service like game pass will result in us not having to pay full price for a lot of games. Maybe Sony will utilize their psn service to do the same. 

I haven't bought anything new as of late, as game pass is really all I need and saves me a ton of money. So if a game is too pricey, maybe it's also on game pass. 

On 8/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, Clasher said:

Alright

I could get it at the full price though but that would totally depend on the reviews because there are going to be alot of them a few days after it is released.

I'm very sure that it's something that's going to be very decent to play based on how the initial first release came out and also its remaster. So, a remake wouldn't be a letdown by any means. If anything changes on my decision to get it at full price when it gets released, I would see about it.