Register Now
Kane99

Do you think 3D gaming will make a comeback? (3D TVs)

17 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I'll give you that. 3D can be fun, and can work, but I feel like it doesn't matter so much. Like I said after playing the 3DS, the 3D options didn't really keep me interested. I was more interested in the games without any gimmicks like 3D. I often turned the 3D options off after a while because it would start to bug my eyes anyway. Much like you said you didn't play in 3D for long and would instead turn that feature off. 

Which is why when the 2DS came out, I was like, that's kinda cool. But, I still would have preferred a 2DS that folded like the 3DS. Didn't understand why they did that with the 2DS. 

3D's were intended to heighten the experience you get while Playing and it did just that, but most of the time the video game is all that matters and not the 3D effect.

You can play for a couple of hours with the 3D on without any issues but if the game play isn't good enough the 3D wouldn't do much on the game either.

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

With Nintendo planning on Nintendo 3DS eShops discontinued by March ending 2023, I don't really see a way for the game to have a major comeback. 

The 3d gaming isnt that much of a feature that gamers would be in a frenzy about, you can enjoy video games with or without 3d and some individuals can't even play for more than 2 hours without experiencing some discomforts with 3d.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, Clasher said:

The 3d gaming isnt that much of a feature that gamers would be in a frenzy about, you can enjoy video games with or without 3d and some individuals can't even play for more than 2 hours without experiencing some discomforts with 3d.

Some gamers are still very much interested in it but it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo have planed on moving on and that's not going help 3Ds. 

I particularly have even moved on as well from them no offense to those who still enjoy it. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some gamers are still very much interested in it but it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo have planed on moving on and that's not going help 3Ds. 

I particularly have even moved on as well from them no offense to those who still enjoy it. 

I could remember when 3D was introduced in the theater and you had to wear this special lenses to be able to watch in 3D, it was cool though but didn't actually have any extra feeling aside the obvious realistic view.

I think 3D has served it's purpose already and you can only find them now in laboratory and science experiment.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

I could remember when 3D was introduced in the theater and you had to wear this special lenses to be able to watch in 3D, it was cool though but didn't actually have any extra feeling aside the obvious realistic view.

I think 3D has served it's purpose already and you can only find them now in laboratory and science experiment.

I also have a feeling that with the introduction of VR had serious impact on reliance on 3Ds too. Technology is pulling a big strings in the world of video games now and it's probably part of why 3Ds is being kicked to the side now. 

On 7/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, Clasher said:

3D's were intended to heighten the experience you get while Playing and it did just that, but most of the time the video game is all that matters and not the 3D effect.

You can play for a couple of hours with the 3D on without any issues but if the game play isn't good enough the 3D wouldn't do much on the game either.

For some yes, but not everyone. 3D was a cool gimmick, and I did like it to some extent, but I felt like they could have used the money elsewhere. Instead of doing 3D, they could have put the effort into the hardware instead to make it even better. 

On 8/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, Heatman said:

I also have a feeling that with the introduction of VR had serious impact on reliance on 3Ds too. Technology is pulling a big strings in the world of video games now and it's probably part of why 3Ds is being kicked to the side now. 

That's true, VR is another of such innovation that could stand the test of time as well.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:51 PM, Kane99 said:

For some yes, but not everyone. 3D was a cool gimmick, and I did like it to some extent, but I felt like they could have used the money elsewhere. Instead of doing 3D, they could have put the effort into the hardware instead to make it even better.

Like I said it heightens the experience but you could still enjoy a video game even without the 3D effect.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's true, VR is another of such innovation that could stand the test of time as well.

Like I said it heightens the experience but you could still enjoy a video game even without the 3D effect.

Of course, I'm not saying you shouldn't use it. If you enjoy the 3D aspects, more power to you. If it makes your experience even better, awesome! Just for me, it didn't really give me much. Yeah the first time playing in 3D was pretty dope, but the effect wore off so to say. But, if it's still an enjoyable experience for you, more power to ya bud. 🙂 

On 8/4/2022 at 2:15 AM, Clasher said:

VR is going to be a huge turning point in the video game industry in few years to come. I'm seeing it getting to a point where all games would be played with only VR headset sooner or later but it's definitely going to happen. 

I think it's be interesting if VR also added 3D capabilities. Not sure if it's safe on the eyes to include it in VR as well, but I imagine it's more immersive compared to standard VR. I think that's really the only reason to include 3D aspects, because it probably makes the experience more realistic. 

I don't really think 3D tech has anymore to improve, as AR/VR is the tech path that is being followed now, it's better. Also it's still quite a young tech, but with 3D type tech I'm not sure if we could do anything anymore with it. 🤔

3 hours ago, Gonassis said:

I don't really think 3D tech has anymore to improve, as AR/VR is the tech path that is being followed now, it's better. Also it's still quite a young tech, but with 3D type tech I'm not sure if we could do anything anymore with it. 🤔

Any further thing done to aid 3D tech is just trying to drag it along. A good number of people have moved on from it, so I'm not if it's going to be well profit oriented should they keep investing on it. 

Edited by Heatman

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

VR is going to be a huge turning point in the video game industry in few years to come. I'm seeing it getting to a point where all games would be played with only VR headset sooner or later but it's definitely going to happen. 

I could visualize such a moment in time as well.

I haven't tried out VR yet but I would certainly try it out soon enough.

I did enjoy 3d effects back then but now it doesn't seem to me as an essential addition.