Register Now
Kane99

Skate is officially coming back!

On 9/1/2022 at 7:01 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah!!! It's actually the nonsense part of them microtransactions that I was referring to because in most cases, they are very predatory with the way they use those microtransactions in the games. 

True, but to be fair to EA, it isn't something that is forced on users. Now if it were loot boxes we were talking about, I'd understand. Or if they forced you to get these microtransactions in order to get ahead, then I would understand. But microtransactions as they stand, aren't that bad. 

Also, I think it sucks when items cost a lot, if so, I just don't buy it. That's the choice we have as consumers. With Loot boxes though, it's different, in that you're not always going to get something good out of it, which imo, makes it gambling for sure. And I view that being way more predatory. 

But I understand, EA has a horrible track record, so it's hard to trust them. I still don't trust them, but if they don't push loot boxes or other greedy tactics on me, or force me to buy stuff to advance in game, than I think it'll be fine. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

But I understand, EA has a horrible track record, so it's hard to trust them. I still don't trust them, but if they don't push loot boxes or other greedy tactics on me, or force me to buy stuff to advance in game, than I think it'll be fine. 

Well, this have been most gamers expectations on EA with their franchise for a while now but what has been happening till today? Nothing have changed but rather, it keeps getting worse. We are still hoping for something better from them but it's highly unlikely to come. 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, Heatman said:

Well, this have been most gamers expectations on EA with their franchise for a while now but what has been happening till today? Nothing have changed but rather, it keeps getting worse. We are still hoping for something better from them but it's highly unlikely to come. 

I get that, EA hasn't done much good, but as of late, it seems they are starting to let their studios work on the games they want to make. They aren't always awful. But the good they do doesn't change the bad they've done either. I'm just saying that EA doesn't always do wrong. 

It also depends on the developers too, because sometimes they make the bad decisions as well. But in this case, I'll reserve my judgement for when the game is officially out. If it turns out to be a grind and is no fun, then I will probably change my mind. 

Yes EA is most of the time awful, but they did once make 3 Skate games that didn't have any horrible gimmicks. So there is hope for them to do good there, it just needs to happen. 

On 9/4/2022 at 11:40 PM, Kane99 said:

I get that, EA hasn't done much good, but as of late, it seems they are starting to let their studios work on the games they want to make. They aren't always awful. But the good they do doesn't change the bad they've done either. I'm just saying that EA doesn't always do wrong. 

It also depends on the developers too, because sometimes they make the bad decisions as well. But in this case, I'll reserve my judgement for when the game is officially out. If it turns out to be a grind and is no fun, then I will probably change my mind. 

Yes EA is most of the time awful, but they did once make 3 Skate games that didn't have any horrible gimmicks. So there is hope for them to do good there, it just needs to happen. 

If they decide not to butcher the game, it's going to do their brand a lot of good. I actually want them to do it right because it's been a very long time we had something decent to be happy from their studio. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

If they decide not to butcher the game, it's going to do their brand a lot of good. I actually want them to do it right because it's been a very long time we had something decent to be happy from their studio. 

Same here. I am hoping that EA allows this dev team to work on this game as they want to, and not add any dumb gimmicks that will weigh it down. Of course with EA's track record, it's hard to trust them and that's fair. I still don't trust them half the time, but I hope they don't ruin Skate like they did many other franchises. EA can rebound, and fix their mistakes by actually letting their devs work and make competent games. 

EA can stand to make a ton of money if they just let these studios realize their visions. They just need to stop with the loot boxes, and other greedy tactics they have pulled in the past. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same here. I am hoping that EA allows this dev team to work on this game as they want to, and not add any dumb gimmicks that will weigh it down. Of course with EA's track record, it's hard to trust them and that's fair. I still don't trust them half the time, but I hope they don't ruin Skate like they did many other franchises. EA can rebound, and fix their mistakes by actually letting their devs work and make competent games. 

EA can stand to make a ton of money if they just let these studios realize their visions. They just need to stop with the loot boxes, and other greedy tactics they have pulled in the past. 

Yeah, if it's about having the potentials to do better, EA have more than enough. If it's about having the resources to push the projects, they have it in abundance. It's all about the willingness to have their fans interest at heart. They haven't been capable of it in a long time now. 

On 9/3/2022 at 4:58 PM, Heatman said:

EA doesn't put any effort into any of the gaming IPs they can't monetize. It's why they stopped supporting NFS: Heat because it doesn't really have any microtransactions - the only reason the game is still up and running is the large fanbase.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

EA doesn't put any effort into any of the gaming IPs they can't monetize. It's why they stopped supporting NFS: Heat because it doesn't really have any microtransactions - the only reason the game is still up and running is the large fanbase.

I even think that the game Need for Speed : Heat is actually dying off a little bit. It's very obvious that most Need for Speed fans still favour the Most Wanted release ahead of it. EA is a big parasite in my opinion. 

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

EA sports are out there to make more money as we expected and Need for Speed: Heat can never help them generate that type of resources. So, they focus on other games that can give them what they desire. 

4 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

EA sports are out there to make more money as we expected and Need for Speed: Heat can never help them generate that type of resources. So, they focus on other games that can give them what they desire. 

It's why they are so focused on their FIFA games because it's a very good money well for them. I think it's their gaming franchise which pays them more than any of their games. I might be wrong though but it's how I feel. 

Lets move on from EA, it's kinda taken a turn to talk about how bad EA is. And I get it, EA can be awful at times. But let's move the discussion back to Skate itself. 

My hope for skate is that it plays exactly like previous skate games. I'm used to the controls, and can probably pick up a controller today and play the game like I did back in the day. If it plays like a true skate game, I don't care if it has purchasable items like clothes, skins, skate boards, etc. I think I'd be fine with the base setup you get when you start. 

But if they offer us free unlockables, that would be nice. I wouldn't mind that if they added microtransactions. I just hope they don't add loot boxes, those need to be cut out of games. Unless they give you them for free and don't sell them, but if they add it, they'll make sure to get money out of it. 

5 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Lets move on from EA, it's kinda taken a turn to talk about how bad EA is. And I get it, EA can be awful at times. But let's move the discussion back to Skate itself. 

My hope for skate is that it plays exactly like previous skate games. I'm used to the controls, and can probably pick up a controller today and play the game like I did back in the day. If it plays like a true skate game, I don't care if it has purchasable items like clothes, skins, skate boards, etc. I think I'd be fine with the base setup you get when you start. 

But if they offer us free unlockables, that would be nice. I wouldn't mind that if they added microtransactions. I just hope they don't add loot boxes, those need to be cut out of games. Unless they give you them for free and don't sell them, but if they add it, they'll make sure to get money out of it. 

If the microtransactions they would add to the games isn't predatory like they usually do, I'm very sure that most gamers who love playing Skate games wouldn't mind at all. On purchasable items, I will always be open to getting skate boards more than skins.