Register Now
DC

Weather destruction games

On 7/7/2022 at 12:53 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Disaster Report is what comes to mind. The earlier games in the series had more to do with weather, but I can't say for sure if the later games are based on weather and not post apocalyptic survival. 

I came across this game Disaster Report some years ago but never got the chance to play it. Seeing a friend play it back then on his PlayStation 2, it looked quite interesting and intense. I would love to play it now if I should ever have access to Playstation 2 or 3.

Speaking of gta from one of my last posts, why can't they make the weather more destructive? Like let us control the weather. Give us tornadoes, earthquakes, alien invasions and more. I think GTA would thrive with more in game modding options. Give us a creative mode..

On 7/13/2022 at 1:44 AM, Kane99 said:

Speaking of gta from one of my last posts, why can't they make the weather more destructive? Like let us control the weather. Give us tornadoes, earthquakes, alien invasions and more. I think GTA would thrive with more in game modding options. Give us a creative mode..

It's just like what Epic Games did with their weather mechanics in Fortnite. It's kind of what I enjoy in the game because of how interesting and intense it makes the game. The tornado and lightning in the game is very crazy. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:49 PM, Heatman said:

It's just like what Epic Games did with their weather mechanics in Fortnite. It's kind of what I enjoy in the game because of how interesting and intense it makes the game. The tornado and lightning in the game is very crazy. 

That's true mate, fortnite did some really good job with the weather effects , everything combined with the lightning effect that was a great fix.

On 7/14/2022 at 10:49 AM, Heatman said:

The tornadoes are fun in the game, but I think that's the only weather affects that happen. Well I remember during one season they had thunder storms which I think caused lightning strikes, that could cause fires. 

Would be cool to be able to control those weather mechanics.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, Kane99 said:

The tornadoes are fun in the game, but I think that's the only weather affects that happen. Well I remember during one season they had thunder storms which I think caused lightning strikes, that could cause fires. 

That's true,

if we could control the weather and choose which season to play In would be a really cool addition to the game.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, Kane99 said:

The weather mechanics of tornadoes and lightnings was introduced in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1. The Lightnings comes in form of grey thunderstorm. If you get hit by a lightning, you will take 10 damage from your health and gain a speed boost. 

Probably should add a few more :

Mad Max -> It's been a while since i played this game but at random points in the game you could have a sandstorm or tornado and while you could die in it if you were not in the car, but it had a great risk vs reward system as you could get some good loot in those tornados.

Legend of Zelda : breath of the wild -> Weather is a huge deal in this game, suprised nobody went indepth on it and that only clasher mentioned it briefly. Like you have to wear appropriate clothing to conquer heat or the extreme cold and let's not forgot do not wear metal armour when it's stormy weather. Also climbing is much more tougher when it rains.

Racing games of the past few years -> Just going to list these all together since let's face it, weather effects have a pretty heavy impact on these type of games these days. If it rains you're going to have to adept to the weather.

No Man's sky -> various storms based on the various planet's atmosphere (radioactive, toxic, scorching heat, frigid cold etc) will affect your health and but can be stalled with suit upgrades specific to the atmospheric conditions. Oh No man's sky one of these days i'll get back to you pinky promise.

Stardew valley -> Could pretty much list any life and farming game but to some extend on a rainy day you don't have to water your plants, if it storms some of you crops could die and whatnot.