Register Now
DC

Weather destruction games

What are your favorite games where the weather has a meaningful impact on the actual gameplay? Think fire, tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, asteroids, rain, etc.

I think Battlefield 2042 fits the description.

Legends of Zelda : breath of the wild, metal gear solid 5: the phantom pain both had amazing weather effects, for metal gear you can actually sneak around enemies camps undetected while it rains because the sound of rain dampens the noise you make.

I think From Dust had weather mechanics that you could control. I remember that game being pretty cool in that you could alter the land, and move water around. I don't recall if you could control the weather, but you could mold the land around whatever was happening. I think you had to move tribes to usable land or something. I forget, it was so long ago. It came out for the Xbox 360 back on the arcade. Was a decent game, I'd recommend it. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I remembered when I could code the weather to change in GTA S A, using a cheat via my PS2. It was kinda nice, because I could change the daylight to night and vice versa. 

Yeah I forgot you could use a cheat code to mess with the weather. I wonder if GTA V and RDR2 had the option for changing the weather via cheats, because I'd like to mess with that for RDR2 mostly. Would have been cool to add tornadoes and other harmful weather to GTA V and RDR2, just to add to the unpredictability. 

43 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I forgot you could use a cheat code to mess with the weather. I wonder if GTA V and RDR2 had the option for changing the weather via cheats, because I'd like to mess with that for RDR2 mostly. Would have been cool to add tornadoes and other harmful weather to GTA V and RDR2, just to add to the unpredictability. 

I don't know cheat codes around GTA V, assume I knew, I would have used it too. Only on SA I knew the cheat and I did anything that impressed me on the game. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

There was a Win98 game that I always enjoyed. It was called Operation Weather Disaster. It was actually an educational game, but so much fun to play you didn't even realize you were learning.

Never heard of that one, but it looks weird enough to where I'd want to try it out. 

35 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Disaster Report is what comes to mind. The earlier games in the series had more to do with weather, but I can't say for sure if the later games are based on weather and not post apocalyptic survival. 

Oh yeah, that's one I remember heard about. Saw some gameplay for it, but never played it myself. 

My first pick would be Ghost of Tsushima. The way weather effects in the game makes it better beats other games that I have played which have something similar. You can influence or change the weather in the game by playing your flute. Also, when you go into Ghost path of skills, it brings more storm in the game. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:27 AM, Justin11 said:

I don't know cheat codes around GTA V, assume I knew, I would have used it too. Only on SA I knew the cheat and I did anything that impressed me on the game. 

My cousin was so good with the cheat codes for SA and it made his game play much more exciting and fun to watch, it was this experience that Spiked my interest and I started learning about cheat codes and using them to control my weather and other features of the game.

17 minutes ago, Clasher said:

My cousin was so good with the cheat codes for SA and it made his game play much more exciting and fun to watch, it was this experience that Spiked my interest and I started learning about cheat codes and using them to control my weather and other features of the game.

That's fantastic, even if it dragged away the real sense of gaming. I once enjoyed such kind of atmosphere where I could just change the weather by pressing different buttons of my controller. I still have the book where I packed most of my cheats in our family home, but I wouldn't go getting it since it is functional on PS2. 

Microsoft flight simulator or in any cases any flight sim with realife weather engines, do not have to use realife but can make your own weather up using the built-in weather system. Fly in any weather from the good and the bad 🙂 

Can't get any better then that, it's the best weather system in a simulator that you only can get 🙂 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Microsoft flight simulator or in any cases any flight sim with realife weather engines, do not have to use realife but can make your own weather up using the built-in weather system. Fly in any weather from the good and the bad 🙂 

Can't get any better then that, it's the best weather system in a simulator that you only can get 🙂 

One thing that I love so much about Microsoft Flight Simulator in this regard is that it gets very closer to have a real feeling of those weather conditions once you decide to explore the harsh side of it. It comes with a better thrill than playing in a nice and clear weather condition. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

One thing that I love so much about Microsoft Flight Simulator in this regard is that it gets very closer to have a real feeling of those weather conditions once you decide to explore the harsh side of it. It comes with a better thrill than playing in a nice and clear weather condition. 

Lets get this out the back first, it's not a game it's a simulator 😛

I have like 1600 hours in MSFS202 and another 1800 hours in FSX and that's not even talking about other sims that I put my hands into. 😛 Yes the best so far is MSFS2020 - If it works LOL others you have to buy software