Register Now
DC

Unforgettable thing you've seen

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I think that Andre Gomez Injury is one of the most unforgettable things I have seen unfold live on TV.

I have witnessed any other live, but I have seen several other injuries happen to people that are more severe than that.

There are lots of accidents that happens in football that's capable of taking players life in an instant if they weren't attended to immediately. It's just how I watched Jaba Kankava save Dinamo player Oleg Gusevs life when their goalkeeper clashed his knee to his head. Jaba stopped him from swallowing his tongue, otherwise he would have been a dead man. 

Edited by Heatman

On 7/11/2022 at 11:59 AM, Heatman said:

There are lots of accidents that happens in football that's capable of taking players life in an instant if they weren't attended to immediately. It's just how I watched Jaba Kankava save Dinamo player Oleg Gusevs life when their goalkeeper clashed his knee to his head. Jaba stopped him from swallowing his tongue, otherwise he would have been a dead man. 

A kick to the jaw like that could kill someone, the player just passed out and the goal keeper acted like he didn't know his leg had an impact on the player until he was called back by other players.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

A kick to the jaw like that could kill someone, the player just passed out and the goal keeper acted like he didn't know his leg had an impact on the player until he was called back by other players.

The player suffered concoction and almost swallowed his tongue. If he wasn't stopped by Jaba Kankava who had to force his hands into his mouth to stop that from happening, Oleg Gusevs would have been a dead man now. Jaba got bitten hard in the process, you can see him scream when he got his hands out from his mouth. 

On 7/14/2022 at 7:36 PM, Heatman said:

Oleg Gusevs would have been a dead man now. Jaba got bitten hard in the process, you can see him scream when he got his hands out from his mouth. 

Oleg Gusevs should forever be grateful for what jaba did, even with the severity of this incident and how it would have affected the history of football it is still not talked about that much.

I am very surprised I only got to Know about this incident from this thread.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

Oleg Gusevs should forever be grateful for what jaba did, even with the severity of this incident and how it would have affected the history of football it is still not talked about that much.

I am very surprised I only got to Know about this incident from this thread.

A lot of player have died for the football sports over the years and accidents are always going to keep happening in the game, it won't be the end of it. 

It was just like Christian Eriksen almost died of heart failure when he was playing Euro for Denmark but he survived it and have now signed for Manchester United yesterday. 

On 7/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, Heatman said:

A lot of player have died for the football sports over the years and accidents are always going to keep happening in the game, it won't be the end of it. 

It was just like Christian Eriksen almost died of heart failure when he was playing Euro for Denmark but he survived it and have now signed for Manchester United yesterday. 

That's true, sports not just soccer is not actually a friendly and all participants have intensions to win and would go to great lengths to secure the Victory.

Just like in gymnastics when those gymnasts go against gravity to perform almost impossible stunts that could be devastating if not performed well.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Just like in gymnastics when those gymnasts go against gravity to perform almost impossible stunts that could be devastating if not performed well.

Horrible accidents have occurred in gymnastics sports and it's something that's never easy for me to watch especially the one's they land on their neck. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Horrible accidents have occurred in gymnastics sports and it's something that's never easy for me to watch especially the one's they land on their neck. 

From ankle dislocation to not been able to walk ever again is something many gymnasts are prone to and I wouldn't even advice anyone to engage in that sport as it could be devastatingly dangerous.

On 7/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, DC said:

What is the most unforgettable thing you've seen unfold live on television?

For me, and I imagine many others, it's the 9/11 plane hijackings and plane crashes. I also saw Malice at The Palace live on TV.

I can't disagree - I remember it was my first year of high school and I came home early that day because I had food poisoning and I was watch NBC and it was showing the 9/11 tragedy live. It was so surreal and then seeing the aftermath of the people stuck on the higher levels of the twin towers and jumping to their deaths really hit home.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I can't disagree - I remember it was my first year of high school and I came home early that day because I had food poisoning and I was watch NBC and it was showing the 9/11 tragedy live. It was so surreal and then seeing the aftermath of the people stuck on the higher levels of the twin towers and jumping to their deaths really hit home.

Till date, 9/11 tragedy remains the most devastating and deadly terrorist attack in the history of US that was recorded on live TV. There are some other attacks like when a bomb ripped through Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma killing 168 people and having over 700 wounded. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:00 PM, Clasher said:

@The Blackangel 

Kidney stones doesn't sound good either , I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Passing a kidney stone is literally pissing a rock. If the stone is big enough it could require surgery. They have some ultrasonic machine that can break it into smaller pieces, but if it’s so big that they need to go that route, then I say just cut me open.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Passing a kidney stone is literally pissing a rock. If the stone is big enough it could require surgery. They have some ultrasonic machine that can break it into smaller pieces, but if it’s so big that they need to go that route, then I say just cut me open.

I dread going under the knife. With just ordinary appendix surgery that I had, I felt like I was going to die in the process. Surgeries isn't my strongest suits and I'd just about anything to avoid having one unless it's my last option. 

On 7/23/2022 at 1:51 AM, The Blackangel said:

I have watched live surgery sections and I am very certain that I wouldn't like to be the one under the knife.

The pain and everything despite the use of anesthetics and all the pain relievers doesn't even help some patients either you just have to bear the terrible pain either ways.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

The pain and everything despite the use of anesthetics and all the pain relievers doesn't even help some patients either you just have to bear the terrible pain either ways.

I have a dangerously high pain tolerance, so I can take most anything. For example what I mean by "dangerously high" is something that happened when I was 16. I landed wrong coming off a bull, and when I hit I broke my collar bone. I didn't know it for over a week. All I knew was that my arm didn't fully work like it should. I've broken both collar bones, and they now have corners when they should be straight with a small curve. I've also broken toes, nose, virtually every single bone in both hands from wrist to fingertip (don't ask) and several concussions. I don't even know that I've been injured until/unless someone tells me most of the time.

I don't have that kind of pain tolerance, when I had a minor dislocation on my wrist I didn't let anybody massage it until it Started swelling and definitely needs some attention Before it escalates to something else.

pain isn't my strong point, I could bear it when it Comes but I just can't do stuffs that would in one way or the other inflict pain on me aside obviously going to the gym because I can't do without it.