Register Now
DC

What is the first cartoon that comes to your mind when you think about your childhood

Digimon... I was really into it when I was 10 or 11 years old. I watched Digimon Adventure religiously, and Digimon Adventure 02 with some enthusiasm.

However, when Digimon Tamers came along, and featured none of the established characters, I completely lost interest.

On 11/29/2022 at 6:56 PM, Kyng said:

Digimon... I was really into it when I was 10 or 11 years old. I watched Digimon Adventure religiously, and Digimon Adventure 02 with some enthusiasm.

However, when Digimon Tamers came along, and featured none of the established characters, I completely lost interest.

I also watched the original Digimon series religiously as a kid. I remember spirit evolution when the main cast would fuse with their Digimons.

On 1/26/2023 at 7:59 PM, CoryAR said:

Most definitely Rugrats, I spent hours watching this show as a kid as I admired the adventures they went on.

Yep and they always had some fun imaginary adventures. I remember when I was a kid growing up and even my imagination was never that wild...

Edited by killamch89

When I think back to my childhood and I think back to what I used to watch, the first cartoon that comes to mind for me is Tom and Jerry. Me and my brothers used to ensure we had Cartoon Network on every week day at 6pm to 6.30pm so that we could watch Tom and Jerry. We used to have tons of fun watching it. It's a shame they don't make them anymore to be honest as I feel they would be really good even now. 

22 hours ago, Shortie said:

When I think back to my childhood and I think back to what I used to watch, the first cartoon that comes to mind for me is Tom and Jerry. Me and my brothers used to ensure we had Cartoon Network on every week day at 6pm to 6.30pm so that we could watch Tom and Jerry. We used to have tons of fun watching it. It's a shame they don't make them anymore to be honest as I feel they would be really good even now. 

I used to watch it all the time as well before I went to school in the mornings and then later on in life on the Boomerang channel.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:48 PM, killamch89 said:

I used to watch it all the time as well before I went to school in the mornings and then later on in life on the Boomerang channel.

Ah yes, I remember the Boomerang channel. I am not sure if it is aired anywhere else now to be honest but I know that you can watch it on places like YouTube if you are wanting to. Even now I could go back and watch them and still enjoy them like it was the first time I watched them, they were so good back when they were making them! 

On 2/16/2023 at 7:05 PM, Shortie said:

Ah yes, I remember the Boomerang channel. I am not sure if it is aired anywhere else now to be honest but I know that you can watch it on places like YouTube if you are wanting to. Even now I could go back and watch them and still enjoy them like it was the first time I watched them, they were so good back when they were making them! 

I have them downloaded on one of my external hard drives so I can always watch them when I'm ready.

Teen Titans and Rugrats are the two main cartoons I associate my childhood with. Rugrats was my favorite cartoon until Teen Titans premiered. I was super obsessed with the show and Raven too lol. I had to watch it every time it came on even if it was a episode I've seen a bunch of times. I even recorded some episodes on vhs when I was younger too, before the DVDs were released.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:54 PM, Kennysplash said:

None other than Tom and Jerry. I was so obsessed with the cartoon then that the disc was seized by my parents. I would watch after school and even sneak to the living room to watch in midnight. 

Tom and Jerry are some of my favorites as a child as well. The episodes I love is when Bruno the dog is also involved.

On 2/11/2024 at 5:30 AM, killamch89 said:

Tom and Jerry are some of my favorites as a child as well. The episodes I love is when Bruno the dog is also involved.

The Bruno episodes! He could be fierce and adorable if he chooses. I so much love the singing too. 

On 3/17/2024 at 2:36 AM, Kennysplash said:

The Bruno episodes! He could be fierce and adorable if he chooses. I so much love the singing too. 

You know another series that came to mind? Beetlejuice - I have no idea why I'm yearning to watch it again.