Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about games that are hundreds of hours long?

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I thought you've completed it already man. @Yaramaki have rounded the game up, and he stated how many hours he rounded up on the game, which is '35 hours of game to get the platinum trophy. Even if I decide to devote every 2-3 hours of my time playing Ghost of Tsushima I wouldn't cross anywhere, because the gameplay isn't easy for me. 

I have just completed the main story and I'm very confident that I will be able to complete the 100% of the game before the year runs out. I'm just too divided with so many other games especially Elden Ring which reduce the time I used to give to playing Ghost of Tsushima. 

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As long as the game has engaging content the whole time, I don't mind it at all. It could be 1 billion hours long for all I care - just don't fill it with repetitive scenarios that are copy and paste of earlier parts of the game.

I agree with you mate.

As long as I am satisfied with the game and enjoy playing it as much, I don't bother about how long the game is.

Another thing I'd like to mention, is that if a game has a ton of tedious missions mixed in, I probably won't play most of it. Some games can have some of the most mundane missions. Assassin's Creed comes to mind for their annoying tailing missions, where you have to follow and or listen to someone as you tail them. Each AC game I played pretty much did the same thing and I hated every mission like it. 

But, when you put a ton of side quests/missions that are actually fun, that's when people stick with a game for a long time. Games with tedious side quests don't survive very long. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have just completed the main story and I'm very confident that I will be able to complete the 100% of the game before the year runs out. I'm just too divided with so many other games especially Elden Ring which reduce the time I used to give to playing Ghost of Tsushima. 

Their is no problem, keep enjoying it the way it pleases to you and manage your time with other important games. Where have you gotten with Elden ring? Will you finish that one this year too? 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no problem, keep enjoying it the way it pleases to you and manage your time with other important games. Where have you gotten with Elden ring? Will you finish that one this year too? 

Nope, it's not going to be my gameplan to rush and finish Elden Ring too quickly. I just played it more often because of how good the game was when it was released with all the hype it came with. But right now, I'm taking it very slowly to explore and enjoy everything in the game. Beating the main story of game is likely going to take me 40+ hours but a 100% completion would be up to 98 hours. 

I actually played and completed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt which would take an average gamer well above 200 hours of active game play to complete the main story and extra quests combined and I enjoyed every bit of it, still planning to start over again and have a second rerun of the game.

Time isn't a really important factor if it concerns a game you find really interesting, just pick up that controller and have a wonderful time.

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Another thing I'd like to mention, is that if a game has a ton of tedious missions mixed in, I probably won't play most of it. Some games can have some of the most mundane missions. Assassin's Creed comes to mind for their annoying tailing missions, where you have to follow and or listen to someone as you tail them. Each AC game I played pretty much did the same thing and I hated every mission like it. 

But, when you put a ton of side quests/missions that are actually fun, that's when people stick with a game for a long time. Games with tedious side quests don't survive very long. 

It's just in Xenoblade Chronicles where there's more than 400 side quests in the game. There's no way I would be able to complete them all. The same thing goes for The Witcher 3 :Wild Hunt, it's got a good number of quests as well.

I haven't bothered completing them all yet. If I'm looking at completing all the quests in both games Xenoblade Chronicles and The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt, that's more than 400 hours of gameplay. 

11 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's just in Xenoblade Chronicles where there's more than 400 side quests in the game. There's no way I would be able to complete them all. The same thing goes for The Witcher 3 :Wild Hunt, it's got a good number of quests as well.

I haven't bothered completing them all yet. If I'm looking at completing all the quests in both games Xenoblade Chronicles and The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt, that's more than 400 hours of gameplay. 

Yeah 400 quests sounds unbearably bad, but I think having that many options at your disposal helps keep replayability up. For me, these missions just have to be fun and not annoyingly long. If you have that many side quests, then I'll do some of them, but if they're extremely long missions that are tough, I probably won't do all 400. 

But, I'm all for games offering that staggering amount of side quests and missions, because it gives you more options. It's not like you have to play every single quest or mission. 

I am not one who likes to 100% a game these days anyway, especially if there is so much to do. But I'm all for having more options available to me. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah 400 quests sounds unbearably bad, but I think having that many options at your disposal helps keep replayability up. For me, these missions just have to be fun and not annoyingly long. If you have that many side quests, then I'll do some of them, but if they're extremely long missions that are tough, I probably won't do all 400. 

But, I'm all for games offering that staggering amount of side quests and missions, because it gives you more options. It's not like you have to play every single quest or mission. 

I am not one who likes to 100% a game these days anyway, especially if there is so much to do. But I'm all for having more options available to me. 

It's like my approach used in playing Xenoblade Chronicles by picking out the side quests that would offer me something more equivalent to the time I spent playing it. The one's that are supposedly too long are definitely not going to be considered. It's only a couple of games that are worth it for me that I bother about getting a 100% completion of it. 

Edited by Heatman