Register Now
Heatman

God of War Ragnarok 9 Realms

With the announcement of the release date of God of War Ragnarok, it's been made clear that players would have the opportunity to play in all of the 9 realms in the game which haven't been explored. 

Of all the 9 realms, which one would be you be looking forward to playing? 

You can find more details about the explanation of each realm on this article Here

57 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I am super excited for God of war Ragnarok and Asgard has always been my favorite but I would certainly love to play in the Niflheim realm.

Which one are you currently looking forward to? @Heatman

It's going to be Helheim that I'm looking more forward to, being that it's supposedly the coldest and most dangerous realm amongst them all. I can't wait to have a taste of what it feels like. 

This is pretty cool. I remember the original series was all about Greek mythology and I'm so happy they decided to go for the Norse side of it with the last game and the new one coming soon. I've been into a lot of Viking stuff as of late, and so it's nice to see that aspect showcased in game form. I am glad they're including all of these locations. 

I'm kinda hoping that some Viking characters show up, like Ragnar Lodbrok and a few others. Of course these guys aren't magical beings or anything like that, but I'd love to see some of the mainstays in Norse history to be included. Did the first God of War have any mention of real, known Vikings from back then? 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

This is pretty cool. I remember the original series was all about Greek mythology and I'm so happy they decided to go for the Norse side of it with the last game and the new one coming soon. I've been into a lot of Viking stuff as of late, and so it's nice to see that aspect showcased in game form. I am glad they're including all of these locations. 

I'm kinda hoping that some Viking characters show up, like Ragnar Lodbrok and a few others. Of course these guys aren't magical beings or anything like that, but I'd love to see some of the mainstays in Norse history to be included. Did the first God of War have any mention of real, known Vikings from back then? 

I think that's probably why it took the developers a while to have everything ready before they could announce the game's official release date. With the game moving towards Norse mythology, there's a high chance we would see Odin pop up in war on Asgard in the game. 

I could also see him dying in the end and Atreus sets out to another place to try and bring him back. He finds out of a goddess who brought back someone she loved to life (Isis reviving Osiris) and that’s how they segue into Egyptian mythology, which is what they wanted to do before they chose Norse.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, Empire said:

and that’s how they segue into Egyptian mythology,

This would have been a pretty good story if they had followed through with it , I think God of war son has an origin with Norse which is why this story was also about him trying to discover himself and get more answers.

The game is still good and I am sure there more to it than they allow us to know about.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, Empire said:

I could also see him dying in the end and Atreus sets out to another place to try and bring him back. He finds out of a goddess who brought back someone she loved to life (Isis reviving Osiris) and that’s how they segue into Egyptian mythology, which is what they wanted to do before they chose Norse.

I'm not sure if the game is still going to make much sense to me if Kratos dies. Yeah, his son Atreus is a decent character and good with the bow but he's not big enough to replace his father for me in the game story. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm not sure if the game is still going to make much sense to me if Kratos dies. Yeah, his son Atreus is a decent character and good with the bow but he's not big enough to replace his father for me in the game story. 

Not yet, because he's not fully progressed as a character. What I think will happen, is the 3rd God Of War will be the final Kratos game, where he will probably die and Atreus will become the new main character. But he time he gets his own trilogy, he could be evolved enough as a character to take over. 

Atreus is Loki, so he is an important character. Eventually he will become the lead. 

To be fair, Kratos was created for the games, he wasn't a real part of the Greek or Nordic mythologies, at least I don't believe so. He's a character created to be a mascot for a company pretty much.

57 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

To be fair, Kratos was created for the games, he wasn't a real part of the Greek or Nordic mythologies, at least I don't believe so. He's a character created to be a mascot for a company pretty much.

Kratos is actually a Greek Demigod in the Greek mythology, but the game isn't a true reflection of what he is in a real sense. They just transform the character Into something that would Better suit the storyline of the video game.

I actually appreciate Atreus addition to the game for me it actually took away some attention from kratos and made the plot a lot more interesting to follow.

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not yet, because he's not fully progressed as a character. What I think will happen, is the 3rd God Of War will be the final Kratos game, where he will probably die and Atreus will become the new main character. But he time he gets his own trilogy, he could be evolved enough as a character to take over. 

Atreus is Loki, so he is an important character. Eventually he will become the lead. 

If Atreus character development goes well, then he'd probably fill up the role of Kratos in the future God of War games. 

But on the other hand of Kratos being part of Greek Mythology, he's definitely one and a God at that. You can a little on him through this link Here

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

Kratos is actually a Greek Demigod in the Greek mythology, but the game isn't a true reflection of what he is in a real sense. They just transform the character Into something that would Better suit the storyline of the video game.

I actually appreciate Atreus addition to the game for me it actually took away some attention from kratos and made the plot a lot more interesting to follow.

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

If Atreus character development goes well, then he'd probably fill up the role of Kratos in the future God of War games. 

But on the other hand of Kratos being part of Greek Mythology, he's definitely one and a God at that. You can a little on him through this link Here

I stand corrected. I always thought he was a character made by Sony. Oh well.

I think Atreus is going to eventually take over. I'm kinda excited to see how the future goes. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think Atreus is going to eventually take over. I'm kinda excited to see how the future goes. 

He isn't a made up character, but actually is included in the Greek mythology.

I have been reading some few articles about his role in the mythology and the reason for his existence and creation.

Well, Atreus could replace him but then the game would have to take a new title. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's a fact that Atreus is a very decent character that's got a lot under his sleeve. When he fully taps into his power, he's got so much to contribute to the game's plot especially when he starts using his shapeshifting powers, there's no limit to what he can do. Would it be enough to replace Kratos? It's only time would tell. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:31 AM, Heatman said:

It's a fact that Atreus is a very decent character that's got a lot under his sleeve. When he fully taps into his power, he's got so much to contribute to the game's plot especially when he starts using his shapeshifting powers, there's no limit to what he can do. Would it be enough to replace Kratos? It's only time would tell. 

That's true, I think when God of war Ragnarok is released it would give us an incite into what Atreus future and place in the video game franchise would be.

And that's the more reason I am anticipating its release so much.