Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do your pets sit with you while you game?

We once had a pet dog but he was always scared if coming close to me but that same with other members of the family.

I tried to build a bond with him but it just didn't work, though he still took treats and snacks from me but that was how far we could ever come to getting close.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, The Blackangel said:

The bird has multiple cages. But she always comes over to me. She has actually flown through the house following me. If she knows I'm up, she will often panic if she can't see me. She's a weird bird, but I'm a weird bitch. So we were pretty much made for each other. Not to mention that she had bonded with me before we even got out the door from the woman we bought her from.

That's pretty cool - the only pet bird I ever had was a parrot and he cursed a lot because he used to overhear my parents arguing. He was a pretty charming fellow and even when we left the cage open, he wouldn't fly far from it and would go back in once we said bedtime.

We had a blue throated macaw before covid hit. Without realizing it, I ended up teaching him how to call people “asshole”. I found out when he called me one. A couple weeks later, he called my niece asshole. And right in front of her mother too!

We’re heading to Chicago tomorrow (11-18-22) to pick up a ruby macaw. It’s about a 6 hour drive for us, so that part’s gonna suck. But it’ll be worth it in the end.

Yes, my cat Smokey who unfortunately passed away in July used to sit with me all the time when I gamed. She would either lay on my desk at the side of me if I was gaming at my desk or making videos for YouTube at my desk or she would sit next to me or lay on my knees if I was sat on the sofa playing. I actually miss that she isn't here now and doesn't sit by my side when I game but I will always have those memories. 

18 hours ago, Shortie said:

Yes, my cat Smokey who unfortunately passed away in July used to sit with me all the time when I gamed. She would either lay on my desk at the side of me if I was gaming at my desk or making videos for YouTube at my desk or she would sit next to me or lay on my knees if I was sat on the sofa playing. I actually miss that she isn't here now and doesn't sit by my side when I game but I will always have those memories. 

I Never owned a cat personally but I know how clingy my uncles cat was and would practically climb onto the couch just to sit with my uncle.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:02 PM, Justin11 said:

I Never owned a cat personally but I know how clingy my uncles cat was and would practically climb onto the couch just to sit with my uncle.

They can get quite clingy, but I always say that it's a way of knowing they know they are safe and well looked after and feel safe with you when they get like that. All too often my cat would sit with me and be fine for a while whilst I played and then she would start to rub her heard on my hand or nudge my controller away for more attention. She was a character that I will always miss that's for sure. 

On 11/23/2022 at 2:33 AM, Shortie said:

They can get quite clingy, but I always say that it's a way of knowing they know they are safe and well looked after and feel safe with you when they get like that. All too often my cat would sit with me and be fine for a while whilst I played and then she would start to rub her heard on my hand or nudge my controller away for more attention. She was a character that I will always miss that's for sure. 

I haven't considered getting a cat personally but I Know they can be the cutest bunch.