Register Now
Techno

Xbox Cloud Gaming

What are your options on the cloud?

I'm quite interested in it, as I'm playing Naraka Bladepoint with it and it runs quite well. If this service continues to behave I can see it becoming the main way for me to Game. 

I'm still a little weary of the technology. It's getting there, but I don't think most people have the kind of internet that would make this work. I'm also concerned about what it means for game ownership, preservation and buyer's rights. Digital distribution has already taken so much away and a "cloud" (a term I've always hated btw. It's just the internet, it's not new.) based gaming service sounds even less sustainable. Just like with Sadia, you paid full price to rent a game, effectively, you didn't own anything. That really puts me off. At least there is some stability with digital distribution in that you can still play a game that's no longer online so long as it's installed, with cloud gaming it's just gone.

For gaming I don't know yet. I feel like it will be the way we game in the future, but I hope not. It's so inconsistent and doesn't work 100% all the way. There's a lot of input lag I hear with cloud games, especially if your ISP isn't up to snuff. And that's another worry, you need good internet in order to stream video games. It takes up so much more data than say streaming music, movies and tv shows would. Gaming requires so much more in order for it to work, on top of that, having to work with online games has to be even tougher. 

The last time I tried using Cloud Gaming it was not long after it was released, and I found it to have some lag when I was playing and there would be dropouts. I do still have a phone that is capable of handling cloud gaming, and I am very interested in trying it again. I have heard from many that the service has got a lot better than it was when it was first released and that has me curious on how it would run with my connection and my phone. 

I feel if they can get it right and if they bring a lot more games to the cloud that many people enjoy playing, cloud gaming with Xbox will be the way forward. One game I would love to see brought to the cloud that isn't as of yet is Destiny 2. I love that game and would love to be able to play it on the go if possible.