Register Now
Kane99

MultiVersus

On 8/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah idk if I would play it again. I've never been a big fan of fighting games, and neither smash bros. It was fun for a bit, but I feel like I got out of it all I needed. 

I always enjoyed playing fighting video games and from what WB did with the game MultiVersus, it seemed like they had a decent idea on what to work with. The game's review was a plus for me as well if I was going to have doubts because of what they used to do with some of their games and it's free. What do I have to lose playing it? Nothing only but my time. 

On 8/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah idk if I would play it again. I've never been a big fan of fighting games, and neither smash bros. It was fun for a bit, but I feel like I got out of it all I needed. 

Was it that bad? 

The isn't talked about as much as I expected it to judging from the initial hype it got before it's release.

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

Was it that bad? 

The isn't talked about as much as I expected it to judging from the initial hype it got before it's release.

I wouldn't say it was bad, I just couldn't get into it. I don't have the patience when it comes to fighting games for the most part. Learning combos, and all that stuff, was never my thing. I did it for MK back in the day, but didn't do it for later fighting games I played. I just don't see myself playing it for long. But for someone who's into games like smash bros, or fighting games in general, you'll probably enjoy it. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I'd like to see a 3V3 mode added maybe. But I don't know if that would work. Also, they need to add more levels. I'm sure they will though. 

The more players that are into playing the game in a combat mode, the better it's going to be. I have played one game in the past that requires at least 4 or more players playing against one another to truly tune up the band. I just can't remember the game's name now. Captain Sonar offers 4V4 play but it's completely different from this game. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

The more players that are into playing the game in a combat mode, the better it's going to be. I have played one game in the past that requires at least 4 or more players playing against one another to truly tune up the band. I just can't remember the game's name now. Captain Sonar offers 4V4 play but it's completely different from this game. 

Yeah it seems the current 2v2 mode is the most popular, because you can bring a friend along to play or you can play against your friends too. 

Games are often better with friends, and having more players helps too. 

I hope they add a 3v3 or even a 4v4 mode. That would be chaos on the screen I bet. 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah it seems the current 2v2 mode is the most popular, because you can bring a friend along to play or you can play against your friends too. 

Games are often better with friends, and having more players helps too. 

I hope they add a 3v3 or even a 4v4 mode. That would be chaos on the screen I bet. 

Yeah, that's certainly what most people look forward to because it's going offer a more sensible gameplay when they increase the players mode of the game. Solo games are good no doubt but there are games that are built for more players. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's certainly what most people look forward to because it's going offer a more sensible gameplay when they increase the players mode of the game. Solo games are good no doubt but there are games that are built for more players. 

From what I have played and heard, the single player mode just feels lifeless and boring. Also it's slow, and when you see this type of game, you want it to be a lot more fast paced, like Smash Bros is. That's why having 2 or more players involved, makes it a lot more fast paced and entertaining. And each match goes a little bit faster because of it. But 1v1 is a bore and honestly I can see people skipping that side of it completely. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

From what I have played and heard, the single player mode just feels lifeless and boring. Also it's slow, and when you see this type of game, you want it to be a lot more fast paced, like Smash Bros is. That's why having 2 or more players involved, makes it a lot more fast paced and entertaining. And each match goes a little bit faster because of it. But 1v1 is a bore and honestly I can see people skipping that side of it completely. 

No one likes a boring, it wouldn't make any sense to be very honest. Imagine the kind of complaints gamers had with Red Dead Redemption 2 saying that it's slow. With this one in 1v1, it's going to skipped for sure. 

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, the single-player mode is boring and that's why I always played 2V2 instead.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, the single-player mode is boring and that's why I always played 2V2 instead.

The more the players, the better. It's why you see most multilayer video games have millions of players. Why is that? It's because the gameplay becomes more interesting and intense with more players in the fry. 

On 8/31/2022 at 4:00 PM, Heatman said:

The more the players, the better. It's why you see most multilayer video games have millions of players. Why is that? It's because the gameplay becomes more interesting and intense with more players in the fry. 

To be fair, I also find the single-player mode of Smash also boring - these types of games are far more fun with numerous combatants rather than taking on the PC.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, I also find the single-player mode of Smash also boring - these types of games are far more fun with numerous combatants rather than taking on the PC.

Yeah, we have the same feelings on that one. It's why whenever I get into playing such video games, I don't play it for too long in order not to get the boring cloak on me. 

On 9/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah, we have the same feelings on that one. It's why whenever I get into playing such video games, I don't play it for too long in order not to get the boring cloak on me. 

To be fair, I've played it for hours throughout the week and it won't get boring that quickly because of each character's movesets and the creative amount of combo attacks you can come up with. Smash has some really creative characters like Nes, Kirby and the Ice Climbers but Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry would give them a run for their money in that department.

I tried out this game when it was first released and it really is like a version of Super Smash Bros. Being that I am a huge fan of Super Smash Bros I had a lot of fun playing this game, the controls take a little bit to get used to but once you have the hang of it, much like any game it soon becomes natural to you and you find it easier to play. I haven't been back on this game at all for a few months now mainly due to other games taking over but again, it's another free game that I can go back to at any time if I am looking for something different to play. If you enjoyed Super Smash Bros, then I would highly recommend trying this.