Register Now
Nebulous

Professional gamers are similar to the athletes?

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sure, but your opinions aren't factual. They're based on PERSONAL experiences and don't equate to truths. Just because someone is unhealthy (not saying unhealthiest anymore, lets just go with unhealthy in this scenario), does not mean they can't succeed at a high level, or the highest levels in esports. You're basing that on the idea that YOU'VE witnessed most esports players being skinny and or fit. That doesn't prove that all of the best players in esports are fit and skinny, that's just based off of what you experienced as someone in the esports world. Yet, I highly doubt you have played in every esports league or competition in the world, so you can't say you know it to be true. 

As well, I can't take anyone serious when they claim that people who play sports or professional sports, are as safe as people playing esports, because that's just not true. Injuries happen throughout all physical sports. Maybe you'll get carpal tunnel from esports, but that's about it. 

Either way, you clearly didn't get or read my points, so let's agree to disagree. Because this is just going to go back and forth at this point. I don't agree with anything you said, and you don't agree with me. I'm going to end it there. 

The fact that the "unhealthiest of people" cannot compete in e-sports at the highest levels is an un-debatable fact, unless like I said in the earlier example they do it while very young. You seem to be just arguing to prove a point, and you've never even competed at a high level.

Go look up science on whether or not an extremely sedentary lifestyle can lead to brain anomalies, depression, weight gain, mental disorders, and you name it. This is science, not my opinion. I'm not going to do your own homework for you. Try looking up if having physical health problems (with the body) can lead to issues with the brain. This is all very easy stuff dude, it's not worth the argument. The deal is that you lack experience in the professional e-sports field, so you just do not understand how fast some of those guys are (and I'm pretty fast as well). Dealing with the highest levels of speed, precision and expertise literally on earth gives you experience, but it can also give you a perspective on the objective science as well.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

There's always risk in everything that you're involved in especially when it's a job or trade or a profession. There's nothing like there's no risk being into professional gaming or professional athlete. Danger lurks in any of them everyday as long as you take part in it. 

The risk I'm trying to insinuate is that, as any of them, you don't have to fear for your life or your money being liquidated like the way investment schemes works. But in esports or soccer, you're so focused with your game and at the end of the day or week you earn your money. 

6 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

The fact that the "unhealthiest of people" cannot compete in e-sports at the highest levels is an un-debatable fact, unless like I said in the earlier example they do it while very young. You seem to be just arguing to prove a point, and you've never even competed at a high level.

Go look up science on whether or not an extremely sedentary lifestyle can lead to brain anomalies, depression, weight gain, mental disorders, and you name it. This is science, not my opinion. I'm not going to do your own homework for you. Try looking up if having physical health problems (with the body) can lead to issues with the brain. This is all very easy stuff dude, it's not worth the argument. The deal is that you lack experience in the professional e-sports field, so you just do not understand how fast some of those guys are (and I'm pretty fast as well). Dealing with the highest levels of speed, precision and expertise literally on earth gives you experience, but it can also give you a perspective on the objective science as well.

Dude, just because I never competed in esports doesn't mean you are right either. And if you read my previous comments, which you clearly didn't, I changed the scenario from someone who is unhealthy instead of the unhealthiest. Sure I'll give you that the unhealthiest people probably aren't going to be able to compete, but you can't claim it's impossible for all unhealthy people to compete at the highest levels. Sure they have less of a chance due to their health, but it does not mean they aren't going to be able to. Just because someone is unhealthy, does not mean they're on their deathbeds and incapable of doing anything. 

Lacking experience in the esports field has nothing to do with this. Fat people can be just as good as the best players out there. And like I said many times, it probably doesn't help, but not every unhealthy person out there is the same dude. I'm sure there's many unhealthy people out there that are just as good, or even better than even you. 

Also, when you make a claim, or state something you say to be "factual", it's up to you to prove it, not me. If I say something that I believe to be fact, then I have to share my sources. Because you don't have factual proof other than "this is my experience". You can't claim your experiences as fact. 

And yet you're talking about a sport that people sit for long hours at a time, even skinny fit people can suffer health problems from sitting down for too long. And stop putting words in my mouth, I never said that every unhealthy person could compete in esports, I said there's a chance that SOME could still compete at the highest level. And just because someone lives unhealthy, does not mean they will have those issues you specified. There are many unhealthy people out there who I could see still compete at a high level or even the highest. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

The risk I'm trying to insinuate is that, as any of them, you don't have to fear for your life or your money being liquidated like the way investment schemes works. But in esports or soccer, you're so focused with your game and at the end of the day or week you earn your money. 

You have never seen footballer die on the squared circle or gymnast die from pulling off their stunts? 

As for esports professionals, they are the one's that stand to face less risk generally when it comes to their work exposure. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

You have never seen footballer die on the squared circle or gymnast die from pulling off their stunts? 

As for esports professionals, they are the one's that stand to face less risk generally when it comes to their work exposure. 

It happens coincidentally, not something we see often like the warlords. Footballers play and keep enjoying themselves and doesn't fear about risk. We are humans, I understand the risk involved in our daily life, but not something esports players or soccer players fear for. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It happens coincidentally, not something we see often like the warlords. Footballers play and keep enjoying themselves and doesn't fear about risk. We are humans, I understand the risk involved in our daily life, but not something esports players or soccer players fear for. 

Definitely, they all enjoy themselves doing their different jobs but for the fact that they are aware of the risks involved with what they do and that they don't know when that might happen as far as they are active, always makes them play with worry.I can't accept that they play without having it in mind always that something might happen.

It's why in football specifically, when one gets a hard tackle, he flares up and want to fight. Why is that? It's because of the fear of suffering that hurt they fear in their dialy activities. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Definitely, they all enjoy themselves doing their different jobs but for the fact that they are aware of the risks involved with what they do and that they don't know when that might happen as far as they are active, always makes them play with worry.I can't accept that they play without having it in mind always that something might happen.

It's why in football specifically, when one gets a hard tackle, he flares up and want to fight. Why is that? It's because of the fear of suffering that hurt they fear in their dialy activities. 

I understand your points man, and that's somewhat true. Everyone just want to play safe, you wouldn't see where their is fire and put yourself in. Footballers or professional gamers knows about this things, injuries is common in the world of sports, that's why they react when someone of that sort happens to them. But aside from that, they don't think about major risks of life, they're protected on and off their training base. 

On 8/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Justin11 said:

I understand your points man, and that's somewhat true. Everyone just want to play safe, you wouldn't see where their is fire and put yourself in. Footballers or professional gamers knows about this things, injuries is common in the world of sports, that's why they react when someone of that sort happens to them. But aside from that, they don't think about major risks of life, they're protected on and off their training base. 

Take a look at what happened to Paul Pogba after he moved to Juventus from Manchester United. He suffered a nasty knee injury while training with his fellow team players. He's supposed to undergo knee surgery and he's likely going to miss World Cup. 

On 8/18/2022 at 8:28 PM, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

My point was actually that physical sports people don't really take that much risk in many fields these days. A long time ago in the NFL, they used to have pretty weak protection and the players were along to freaking clothesline people like they do in the WWE. Speaking of WWE: That's where the real risk is at. I know how the WWE works and it's not fake but "pre-determined". They are basically trained to hit other people of equal caliber very hard in safe places. The generally do not strike "opponents" in the WWE for real in the head, face, neck and specific areas of the back but areas like the backside of the shoulder plexus area those guys could care less how hard they hit the other person. And then there is new people that pop up in the WWE who have a much with an established person, and I don't know why it is, but the newer guy will get beat up and manhandled almost as if it were a real fight.

In pro-football, people BESIDES THE BALL CARRIER and PERHAPS the quarterback himself are going to get hit just as much as people in the WWE in 2022.

I know the outcome of pro-wrestling in WWE is often predetermined so what ever they are doing is just an act, though they hit each other quite hard in some instances that might lead to bleeding but they always try to minimize the risks and harm they Inflict on themselves.

Same as soccer if you don't counter an opponent with foul Intent there is a limited amount of injury and some are caused by some personal muscle or arm string pulled during running.

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Take a look at what happened to Paul Pogba after he moved to Juventus from Manchester United. He suffered a nasty knee injury while training with his fellow team players. He's supposed to undergo knee surgery and he's likely going to miss World Cup. 

It's very likely he wouldn't play the world cup by November, because by the time he recovers, it would be late for him due to lack of matches that can keep him fit. It's those unpleasant things that occurs in football, we don't expect the risks it is there, and footballers knows about them that's why they work to avoid the risks but not being afraid of injures. 

@Justin11, @Clasher and @Heatman

Time to get back on topic. There's plenty of room to discuss professional football/soccer and other sports in the Sports Sub-Forum under General Chat. Why is it every time a thread goes astray, it's always at least one of you involved? Somebody casually mentioning soccer or any other sports in this thread to make a comparison or an analysis to Esports is a valid post, but it is not an invite to make post discussing only that sport. Stick to the topic or face the consequences. @Justin11 and @Heatman especially as you two have a long history of doing this sort of thing. You have run out warnings.

Edited by Shagger