Register Now
Nebulous

Upcoming game you are looking forward to playing?

On 8/14/2022 at 7:43 AM, Clasher said:

Layers Of Fears 2 is another that i am currently looking forward to, and it's available on Xbox series X//S as well.

I played the first release of layers of fear this triller is giving reasons to be believe the next release is going to be super.

The trailer you shared is not of Layers of Fear 2, in fact it's an unreal engine remake of the first two games in a bundle. I thought for a second it was a brand new game called Layers of Fears, which I think sounds dumb for a sequel, but it's a bundle so it makes more sense. I really dug the atmosphere the first game had, but in all honesty I ended up hating the first game. I've said it before here, but it was due to early access problems corrupting my save file twice. So having to play a third time was a chore at times for me. Plus you couldn't die and that kinda bugged me too. Made it feel less scary due to it.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

The game has been rumored about for a while and only about  two months ago did we get a real information about its development.

I think October is the date scheduled so I don't know if it's going to be delayed.

We would definitely be getting more information about it as time goes on.

I just have it checked out now and I found out that it's also going to be available on PS5 and PC as well together with the Xbox Series X you mentioned initially but it's not actually scheduled to be released this year. It's to be released in 2023, not 2022. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

I just have it checked out now and I found out that it's also going to be available on PS5 and PC as well together with the Xbox Series X you mentioned initially but it's not actually scheduled to be released this year. It's to be released in 2023, not 2022. 

Okay.

I knew it was in October but I didn't know the exact year actually.

2023 is a distance away and I would have to wait a lot longer than I speculated to play this game.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:05 PM, Nebulous said:

Is there an upcoming game you are looking forward to playing?

What is it?

What do you expect from it?

Just the new Batman Arkham game on PS5, whatever the name of it was I forget. The new Splinter Cell, Gears of War 6, and new Perfect Dark when they finally come out in 2035.

Edited by ForwardSlashDownPoke

17 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Just the new Batman Arkham game on PS5, whatever the name of it was I forget. The new Splinter Cell, Gears of War 6, and new Perfect Dark when they finally come out in 2035.

It's called Gotham Knights and it should be releasing on October 25th. I heard there was talk of a new Splinter Cell, that series could probably use a reboot, and I suspect that's what they're going to do. Not a big fan of Gears myself. Never could get into the series. And I had no idea a new Perfect Dark was in the works. I doubt it'll take until 2035. Do you maybe mean 2025? That would probably make more sense. 

19 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

I'm not sure if 2035 is very realistic on Perfect Dark's release date. But I believe that there's a lot of work going on right now on the game's initiative. 

The game's first trailer was released in The Game Awards 2022. The trailer was dope. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's called Gotham Knights and it should be releasing on October 25th. I heard there was talk of a new Splinter Cell, that series could probably use a reboot, and I suspect that's what they're going to do. Not a big fan of Gears myself. Never could get into the series. And I had no idea a new Perfect Dark was in the works. I doubt it'll take until 2035. Do you maybe mean 2025? That would probably make more sense. 

1) No I was just joking about Perfect Dark taking until 2035 to release based on the idea of it only having two games in something like 2 decades, and one of the big leaders that was making the game quit or something. At this point, Perfect Dark is official, but still kind of at an "if they will even finish it" type of thing.

2) Gotham Knights is correct. All Arkham games have been excellent and alot of people don't know that there's a fifth Arkham game that they can get on the Xbox 360 called Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate, which is a sequel to Arkham Origins.

3) Splinter Cell is more guaranteed than Perfect Dark at this point, and it is in fact claimed to be a "reboot" of the series, which I don't think was necessary, because Splinter Cell 6 I felt was the best in the entire series. There have been no signs of the new Splinter Cell game being taken off its track so far.

15 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

1) No I was just joking about Perfect Dark taking until 2035 to release based on the idea of it only having two games in something like 2 decades, and one of the big leaders that was making the game quit or something. At this point, Perfect Dark is official, but still kind of at an "if they will even finish it" type of thing.

I saw this article on Gamesrader+ about how they have been making progress on the game Perfect Dark for a while now but it still doesn't say anything on when the game is supposed to be released officially. So, it's just all based off on speculations for now.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-perfect-dark-guide/

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I saw this article on Gamesrader+ about how they have been making progress on the game Perfect Dark for a while now but it still doesn't say anything on when the game is supposed to be released officially. So, it's just all based off on speculations for now.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-perfect-dark-guide/

People are saying a few years, so probably about 2025 or 2026 and people will lose interest by then. They really need to start making games faster somehow. I'm guessing the new Splinter Cell will release in 2024 or late 2023.

6 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

2) Gotham Knights is correct. All Arkham games have been excellent and alot of people don't know that there's a fifth Arkham game that they can get on the Xbox 360 called Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate, which is a sequel to Arkham Origins.

3) Splinter Cell is more guaranteed than Perfect Dark at this point, and it is in fact claimed to be a "reboot" of the series, which I don't think was necessary, because Splinter Cell 6 I felt was the best in the entire series. There have been no signs of the new Splinter Cell game being taken off its track so far.

Ah okidoki. That makes more sense. I'm not too interested in a new Perfect Dark. Didn't like the last game that came out, and didn't care too much for the original game either. Was more into goldeneye 64. 

Arkham Origins: Blackgate was more of a spin-off if anything, was more of a 2d sidescroller from what I remember. I don't think I ever played it though. 

I believe that was Conviction. I really enjoyed that one. I think the first game is still regarded as one of the best. I sadly never fully played it, but would like to. 

6 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

People are saying a few years, so probably about 2025 or 2026 and people will lose interest by then. They really need to start making games faster somehow. I'm guessing the new Splinter Cell will release in 2024 or late 2023.

Oh god I hope not. If anything studios need to take a little bit longer to release games. There's too many games that have released in the past decade that clearly needed more work before they released. Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 are two games that come to mind right away. I don't think it's ever good to rush game releases, it promotes crunch and I don't think that's fair to the developers to have to work night and day to make a release date. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Ah okidoki. That makes more sense. I'm not too interested in a new Perfect Dark. Didn't like the last game that came out, and didn't care too much for the original game either. Was more into goldeneye 64. 

Arkham Origins: Blackgate was more of a spin-off if anything, was more of a 2d sidescroller from what I remember. I don't think I ever played it though. 

I believe that was Conviction. I really enjoyed that one. I think the first game is still regarded as one of the best. I sadly never fully played it, but would like to. 

Oh god I hope not. If anything studios need to take a little bit longer to release games. There's too many games that have released in the past decade that clearly needed more work before they released. Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 are two games that come to mind right away. I don't think it's ever good to rush game releases, it promotes crunch and I don't think that's fair to the developers to have to work night and day to make a release date. 

1) Very strange: You are one of the first people (on the internet) to claim that you "really enjoyed" Conviction, along with me. That's perhaps because we actually paid attention to the story and didn't have a mental breakdown at the games new changes. I rated Conviction as one of the highest rated video games on my website and it came just shy of being the highest rated Splinter Cell of all time. The games system was actually spectacular and smooth if you knew how to work all of the nuances in the gameplay, but the issue with the game was that in Fisher's campaign (main story); they mixed things up so much that you didn't even get to use all of the new features in some areas, or you were pressured into playing a different way. The co-op campaign offered people the ability to use all of the new features and play the game it was meant to be played with a ton of levels and content; so that's where some of the best gameplay was. Campaign story was one of the best in series, though.

2) I've never heard of anybody that liked Perfect Dark Zero; nor did I. First game was basically an upgraded version of Goldeneye 64 with many of the same multiplayer maps, etc. 

3) So, since you haven't played Blackgate, I will say that the main Arkham Origins is NOT considered part of the main Arkham "trilogy" -- as Rocksteady calls it -- because Origins was not developed by Rocksteady. However: Origins has the identical system to the three other Rocksteady titles from the ground up and really just happens to address the Batman story from an entirely different point in Bruce Wayne's crime fighting spree. I personally do not consider Arkham Origins to be a "spin off", although it could technically be argued that it is. It is factually a Batman Arkham game that uses the Arkham system in identical fashion to the others, so there's also that.

So with Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe, it basically uses the identical system the other Arkham games use, but I think it was originally released for the Nintendo 3DS then ported to the Xbox 360. You cannot get it on the Xbox One, but it's still on the Xbox 360 marketplace, and I just got it the other day for $20 dollars (worth it). Game is excellent and it's no more of a spin off than Origins. It is the canon sequel to Origins and directly follows that title. In reality it would technically be called a 2.5D game because you are all over the plays and don't just side scroll the whole time. You are jumping around all over the place into the backrounds and turning the camera in every which direction. It's the 5th Arkham game in every sense and if you play through it you'd see why as it is excellent and well done. Has all the great voice acting, fighting, upgrades, soundtrack, etc. Arkham Knights will be the 6th Arkham game, with two of them being non-Rocksteady entries. This has happened with plenty of other titles like Donkey Kong Country or Metroid. There is the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy made by RARE for the SNES, and then there is the two new ones (Returns and Tropical Freeze). Everyone pretty much sees there are being 5 DKC games, albeit they last two did not follow the first three as direct sequels necessarily.

Origins was ingenius in the sense that it did not try to fool around with Rocksteady's product and story arc in any way and just made the game in an entirely separate time period which was shortly after Bruce Wayne decided to become Batman and fight crime.

4) As far as pressure from development teams to create, what you and the media has referred to as "crunch"; I would agree to an extent, but if those dudes are getting overtime with pay and a half, where is the complaint if you're working with a good boss? Those guys probably make like 30 bucks an hour minimum, and then with time and a half, they are getting a ton of money for overtime or excessive crunch hours. I don't have a problem with a hard work ethic. Sun down/sun up/get it done.

But for the record: The most sold video game of all time was created by a single person (Minecraft), so then there's that.

41 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

1) Very strange: You are one of the first people (on the internet) to claim that you "really enjoyed" Conviction, along with me. That's perhaps because we actually paid attention to the story and didn't have a mental breakdown at the games new changes. I rated Conviction as one of the highest rated video games on my website and it came just shy of being the highest rated Splinter Cell of all time. The games system was actually spectacular and smooth if you knew how to work all of the nuances in the gameplay, but the issue with the game was that in Fisher's campaign (main story); they mixed things up so much that you didn't even get to use all of the new features in some areas, or you were pressured into playing a different way. The co-op campaign offered people the ability to use all of the new features and play the game it was meant to be played with a ton of levels and content; so that's where some of the best gameplay was. Campaign story was one of the best in series, though.

2) I've never heard of anybody that liked Perfect Dark Zero; nor did I. First game was basically an upgraded version of Goldeneye 64 with many of the same multiplayer maps, etc. 

3) So, since you haven't played Blackgate, I will say that the main Arkham Origins is NOT considered part of the main Arkham "trilogy" -- as Rocksteady calls it -- because Origins was not developed by Rocksteady. However: Origins has the identical system to the three other Rocksteady titles from the ground up and really just happens to address the Batman story from an entirely different point in Bruce Wayne's crime fighting spree. I personally do not consider Arkham Origins to be a "spin off", although it could technically be argued that it is. It is factually a Batman Arkham game that uses the Arkham system in identical fashion to the others, so there's also that.

So with Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe, it basically uses the identical system the other Arkham games use, but I think it was originally released for the Nintendo 3DS then ported to the Xbox 360. You cannot get it on the Xbox One, but it's still on the Xbox 360 marketplace, and I just got it the other day for $20 dollars (worth it). Game is excellent and it's no more of a spin off than Origins. It is the canon sequel to Origins and directly follows that title. In reality it would technically be called a 2.5D game because you are all over the plays and don't just side scroll the whole time. You are jumping around all over the place into the backrounds and turning the camera in every which direction. It's the 5th Arkham game in every sense and if you play through it you'd see why as it is excellent and well done. Has all the great voice acting, fighting, upgrades, soundtrack, etc. Arkham Knights will be the 6th Arkham game, with two of them being non-Rocksteady entries. This has happened with plenty of other titles like Donkey Kong Country or Metroid. There is the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy made by RARE for the SNES, and then there is the two new ones (Returns and Tropical Freeze). Everyone pretty much sees there are being 5 DKC games, albeit they last two did not follow the first three as direct sequels necessarily.

Origins was ingenius in the sense that it did not try to fool around with Rocksteady's product and story arc in any way and just made the game in an entirely separate time period which was shortly after Bruce Wayne decided to become Batman and fight crime.

4) As far as pressure from development teams to create, what you and the media has referred to as "crunch"; I would agree to an extent, but if those dudes are getting overtime with pay and a half, where is the complaint if you're working with a good boss? Those guys probably make like 30 bucks an hour minimum, and then with time and a half, they are getting a ton of money for overtime or excessive crunch hours. I don't have a problem with a hard work ethic. Sun down/sun up/get it done.

But for the record: The most sold video game of all time was created by a single person (Minecraft), so then there's that.

To be fair I only played Perfect Dark Zero for about a half hour. I beat the original N64 game when they re-released it on the 360. But I didn't have a whole lot of fun with it. 

And with Blackgate, I kinda figured it was its own thing, a spin-off of sorts. Origins is kinda the black sheep of the Arkham series as it wasn't Rocksteady who developed it. But I thought it was still a decent Arkham game and had a decent story. Though it was much shorter than the other Arkham games. 

There's a lot of horror stories involving crunch, a lot of the time not including any overtime. I think Anthem was a big one where it resulted in many people crunching to make a release date. Hell they even crunched to get a demo out the door for the investors if I remember correctly. I've even heard stories of teams having to work with no overtime pay and even some where the team wasn't even paid. It's a sad part of gaming history. 

I just want games to come out without minimal issues. If that means taking a little longer, I'm okay to wait longer. I have enough games in my backlog to keep me occupied anyway. 

And about Minecraft, it was one guy, but he mostly copied the idea from another game, I believe it was called Infiniminer. 

22 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

If they work on developing the game to be released within 2025 or 2026, it's definitely a fair one in my opinion. A good number of gamers would be eager to wait it out till its out. But anything that's longer than that, they are going to lose the fans which is the game's market. 

Splinter Cell would most likely be released 2024. I somewhat doesn't see it getting past that year. 

30 minutes ago, Heatman said:

If they work on developing the game to be released within 2025 or 2026, it's definitely a fair one in my opinion. A good number of gamers would be eager to wait it out till its out. But anything that's longer than that, they are going to lose the fans which is the game's market. 

Splinter Cell would most likely be released 2024. I somewhat doesn't see it getting past that year. 

The thing is, have we even heard much about these games in recent years? I think all we know is that they're in development. So I have no clue when we could expect a new game in Perfect Dark or Splinter Cell. 

I know they will eventually happen, it's just question of when exactly. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The thing is, have we even heard much about these games in recent years? I think all we know is that they're in development. So I have no clue when we could expect a new game in Perfect Dark or Splinter Cell. 

I know they will eventually happen, it's just question of when exactly. 

You're right on that one and it's what we have been given for a while now without any further updates. 

It's just like Rockstar and their GTA 6 development that's been announced to be in progress. If it's not that we follow their precedent with how they release their other GTA games and use it to speculate when GTA 6 would most likely be out, we absolutely have nothing on the game.