Register Now
StaceyPowers

What makes for a good MMO community?

22 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's crazy out here and a few of them is just a hell hole and everyone is the villian, they could literally perceive you as week when you aren't as aggressive as others and then you become the target. Lol

MMO'S are fun in various levels but a more chill environment would be much appreciated.

I can see some games being a pain to get into at the start. Isn't Rust kinda a MMO? I remember friends trying to get me to try that game, but I heard that each new player pretty much gets destroyed by griefers. 

With those types of games, they should make an option to go on passive so you don't have to get killed right away. It's why I don't play games like Rust, because they kinda require you to have people with you, otherwise you're pretty much screwed. 

An MMO should have a passive mode so that players can get situated with a game before they're tossed into a PVP situation. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I can see some games being a pain to get into at the start. Isn't Rust kinda a MMO? I remember friends trying to get me to try that game, but I heard that each new player pretty much gets destroyed by griefers. 

With those types of games, they should make an option to go on passive so you don't have to get killed right away. It's why I don't play games like Rust, because they kinda require you to have people with you, otherwise you're pretty much screwed. 

An MMO should have a passive mode so that players can get situated with a game before they're tossed into a PVP situation. 

Passive mode would mean you would just be moving around without any much action, because I believe MMO's were made to be able to fight game characters that are controlled by real people.

I know it would take some time to adapt but when you do it's quite fun.

I haven't heard much about Rust  but I would certainly give it a proper research.

57 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Passive mode would mean you would just be moving around without any much action, because I believe MMO's were made to be able to fight game characters that are controlled by real people.

I know it would take some time to adapt but when you do it's quite fun.

I haven't heard much about Rust  but I would certainly give it a proper research.

Well not necessarily. In games like GTA and RDR, using passive mode allows you to play the game still, but you won't be interrupted by real players. So if you want to do that mission alone, you can still do it, but you won't have to deal with other players trying to kill you in the process. It's the same with GTA V, as you turn it on, players can't bother you and you can't bother them, but you can still shoot npcs and cause havoc if you like. I think something like that, would help solve griefing and players from attacking you. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well not necessarily. In games like GTA and RDR, using passive mode allows you to play the game still, but you won't be interrupted by real players. So if you want to do that mission alone, you can still do it, but you won't have to deal with other players trying to kill you in the process. It's the same with GTA V, as you turn it on, players can't bother you and you can't bother them, but you can still shoot npcs and cause havoc if you like. I think something like that, would help solve griefing and players from attacking you. 

Is GTA  and RDR classified as an MMO?

Well , I could relate with what you are stating and there is some form of viability and that would certainly allow people get used to the game to an extent  playing in passive mode before switching to other modes.

49 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Is GTA  and RDR classified as an MMO?

Well , I could relate with what you are stating and there is some form of viability and that would certainly allow people get used to the game to an extent  playing in passive mode before switching to other modes.

Technically no, but you can claim in a way it's an Action MMO. More so with GTA V, since the online mode has a lot of active users. MMOs are essentially Massive Multiplayer Online games. I'd say GTA V counts, but RDR2 not so much. 

But, I'm not speaking in regards to the game type, just bringing up passive mode as an option, because many games are including such an option so you don't have to deal with unruly users. I imagine most of the big MMOs have some form of passive mode, where you can not deal with users. I think Fallout 76 has a passive mode, I'm pretty sure I started on passive mode lol. 😄 

To be honest, I think every online game should come with a passive mode. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Technically no, but you can claim in a way it's an Action MMO. More so with GTA V, since the online mode has a lot of active users. MMOs are essentially Massive Multiplayer Online games. I'd say GTA V counts, but RDR2 not so much. 

But, I'm not speaking in regards to the game type, just bringing up passive mode as an option, because many games are including such an option so you don't have to deal with unruly users. I imagine most of the big MMOs have some form of passive mode, where you can not deal with users. I think Fallout 76 has a passive mode, I'm pretty sure I started on passive mode lol. 😄 

To be honest, I think every online game should come with a passive mode. 

MMO'S usually contains thousands of online user's and I understand that they could be a pain in the butt for anyone who is just starting out the game for the first Time.

Passive mode is supposed to be an essential addition for all MMO'S or online modes with a lot of users in Them.

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What's most punishing MMO that you have played so far? For me, it's going to be this one called Darkfall: Rise of Agon. It's so bad that when you died, you lose everything that you have from your weapons, your gold, equipped armor and so much more. 

When it comes to an MMO community, something I always feel it should have is a community of people who will agree and work together as a team to complete the tasks or the task at hand. There is nothing worse than having a group of people in an MMO who don't agree, and you end up with so many problems where it can get quite stressful. Unfortunately, you will always get a few bad apples in MMO's who will make playing the game difficult which is a shame as it ruins it for everyone else. I always say if you can meet and get to know a group of people and build up a community of people who all want to enjoy the game without issues, go for it and do that. 

On 11/23/2022 at 1:57 AM, Shortie said:

When it comes to an MMO community, something I always feel it should have is a community of people who will agree and work together as a team to complete the tasks or the task at hand. There is nothing worse than having a group of people in an MMO who don't agree, and you end up with so many problems where it can get quite stressful. Unfortunately, you will always get a few bad apples in MMO's who will make playing the game difficult which is a shame as it ruins it for everyone else. I always say if you can meet and get to know a group of people and build up a community of people who all want to enjoy the game without issues, go for it and do that. 

That's true, I am not a regular MMO player but I know I have been opportuned to game with some really interesting individuals and we all just one goal which is to have as much fun as we can playing videogames.

MMO's are supposed to inspire cooperation but sometimes they are just a really unpleasant place to be.